Votes: 29 17.7%
  • New School

Votes: 13 7.9%
  • Both

Votes: 107 65.2%
  • Anime? What's that?

Votes: 15 9.1%

• Total voters
Well ya, i'm not trying to argue against what he likes or not.

Just the issue what did what first.
Read Berserk the manga series. Not the anime. First chapter is all kinds of messed up.

Elfen Lied is more of a mesh of things put together. Its more on the fact that little things are from some thing else. Its trying to be a romance, psychological, thriller, gore, and action all at once. With no direction to where the plot is going. You can do that in romance anime cause you don't know when its going to end just like real relationships. But in psychological and thriller you're given subtle hints at where is going but in Elfen Lied they literately kill it. In Action its almost obvious were its going. Most of the scenes(and character choices) you seen in the show you see in other anime or manga. Its just one giant poorly done Frankenstein.

Well this is a series, not a movie.
And that's not what i'm asking. When you say "it's been done before" and that's one of the main reasons you feel it's lacking, than you MUST show what did it before and better.
And if the examples you show came after it, and you just hadn't seen this yet, than that is not a valid reason. For this is the show that did it before, and not what you're saying did it before.

It's like seeing Dances with Wolves, from 1980, and sayin it was only OKAY but it was too much like Avatar from 2009. You'd be retarded because Avatar is like Dances with Wolves and is what the story came from and NOT the other way around.
i know it's a series. and Resident Evil Apocalypse did come out before Elfin Lied. So did Halloween. And so did Terminator 1 and 2. and Texhnolyze. all of these have similar occuring things that are in elfin lied but they do a good job at what they are trying to do. they cover the same elements. whether it's action, or horror elements, or the "single figure that seems invincible". but even then these "Invincible" creatures do show that they have a weakness which gives the audience that hope that this thing can be stopped some way. Resident Evil screwed this up because they didn't do what the other movies did. they made Milla seeming without weakness. but for the Nemesis he had feelings so this was the obvious weakness for him that got him killed. so your example for the movies was kind of invalid.

is my answer more acceptable now?

Read Berserk the manga series. Not the anime. First chapter is all kinds of messed up.

Elfen Lied is more of a mesh of things put together. Its more on the fact that little things are from some thing else. Its trying to be a romance, psychological, thriller, gore, and action all at once. With no direction to where the plot is going. You can do that in romance anime cause you don't know when its going to end just like real relationships. But in psychological and thriller you're given subtle hints at where is going but in Elfen Lied they literately kill it. In Action its almost obvious were its going. Most of the scenes(and character choices) you seen in the show you see in other anime or manga. Its just one giant poorly done Frankenstein.

If you're bringing Manga into this, the Elfen Lied manga is different form the anime as well. You don't throw those together. You do anime with anime and manga with manga.

And you're reasoning is hella flawed on the fact you're ASSUMING what you think each and every one of these genres are supposed to do. No genre or story of any kind has a default eb and flow that must be followed, we wouldn't get anywhere in life if that were the case. If Elfen Lied was made purely to mess with you and your values of humanity, which it was, as it cut down (pun included) the emotional barriers for prejudice, abuse, jealousy all for revenge, than it totally did that well. The rest of the show/manga, from the romance to the action was 2nd to the rest of that.

FYI, i don't like Elfen Lied.

i know it's a series. and Resident Evil Apocalypse did come out before Elfin Lied. So did Halloween. And so did Terminator 1 and 2. and Texhnolyze. all of these have similar occuring things that are in elfin lied but they do a good job at what they are trying to do. they cover the same elements. whether it's action, or horror elements, or the "single figure that seems invincible". but even then these "Invincible" creatures do show that they have a weakness which gives the audience that hope that this thing can be stopped some way. Resident Evil screwed this up because they didn't do what the other movies did. they made Milla seeming without weakness. but for the Nemesis he had feelings so this was the obvious weakness for him that got him killed. so your example for the movies was kind of invalid.

is my answer more acceptable now?

No it isn't lol. If you're going to ALL OF MEDIA to find out what did what first, than i can just say "Simpsons did it first" and win most arguments on the internet. Japanese and Western media have always been different, not to mention movie and series are different. You cray cray.
Texnolyze didn't come out before Elfen Lied manga (ya i know MorrowWings i just said don't compare anime and manga, the difference here is Texnolyze was never a manga) nor did it deal with the exact issues as Elfen Lied. As stated above Elfen Lied is a psych thriller dealing with social alienation and revenge.
Texhnolyze is a quazy political social sci-fi thriller dealing with taking a city back.

Even with those movies though, Not one of those movies was about the "monster" overcoming it's subjugation to find love and get revenge.
In fact all of them were simply a 1 track mind used to further the overall plot they were facing. These were just action/horror movies, albeit a little romance in Terminator. Never did you dive into Michael's situation and follow his normal life to see have to overcome his inner turmoil before he went out on killing sprees. None of these were psychological at all and Elfen Lied isn't an Action anime.

So........ i'm not sure where any of this is coming from.

PLEASE EXPLAIN MORE.

I really like arguing...........

If you're bringing Manga into this, the Elfen Lied manga is different form the anime as well. You don't throw those together. You do anime with anime and manga with manga.

None of that matter cause the anime is basically a cut and paste from the manga. The only difference is the sounds, color and animations. Everything else is the same plot, story and characters which is what we taking about.
btw characters are pretty bad.
Even with those movies though, Not one of those movies was about the "monster" overcoming it's subjugation to find love and get revenge.

hunchback of notre dame
The book. Read that. its nothing like the movie made by Disney.

None of these were psychological at all and Elfen Lied isn't an Action anime

Its is!
Its Action, Biopunk, Harem, Horror, psychological, Romance, Sci-fi.

If its a crazy anime you want you should watch School Days

Bro, it's not an action anime. It's in it's genre description sure, but it's simply because it has fighting in it that it's there. That's how all of them work. Just because Goku was married in DBZ doesn't make it a romance anime.

MorrowWings are you new on this forum, because in this very thread somewhere, as well as everywhere on the internet, i've had LOOOOOOOOOOOOONG talks that School Days may very well be the worst anime i've ever seen, and i've seen a LOT.
The ONLY good part of the show was the end of it. 11 1/2 episodes of it was straight shit.

If you want my full rundown on that terrible show, you'll have to spend some time searching for it on here.

Of course i know about The Hunchback of Notre Dame lol

I personally liked the "random kills" in Elfen Lied. The story is better in the manga and goes further than the anime but the artwork is bad (especially early on).

Bro, it's not an action anime. It's in it's genre description sure, but it's simply because it has fighting in it that it's there. That's how all of them work. Just because Goku was married in DBZ doesn't make it a romance anime.
There's enough fight scenes into to call it an action anime (manga).

obviously animefreak will not be budged from his point of view. saying anything more would only be beating a dead horse. no point in arguing/debating with someone that won't even try to think with an open mind or see from others perspectives.

obviously animefreak will not be budged from his point of view. saying anything more would only be beating a dead horse. no point in arguing/debating with someone that won't even try to think with an open mind or see from others perspectives.
Yeah I'm not going to waste my time (especially on my birthday) on this guy any more.
Not really.
there's a good chunk of killing scenes lol, but not actual fight scenes
Every description of Elfen I've seen says 'Action" on it.

And so t he same can be said against you guys. your belief that someone in an argument won't view the issue from the others perspective is linear and a joke.
From my eyes you guys are hilarious dumb and have no idea wtf you're talking about. Did you guys know i thought that about you? NO? Than you failed to see this from my side.

It's that simple.

and like always, backing away form the argument means you LOOOOOOOSSSEEEEE, doesn't matter why you think you're doing it, you lose.

I am
the_winner.png

troll-face-problem_17-623203123.jpg

the sheer stupidity of that last post can't even be described in picture or words. Animefreak is just a guy that likes to be right. I've met plenty of his kind. so can we get back to something that isn't retarded because someone doesn't know how to "debate"?

the sheer stupidity of that last post can't even be described in picture or words. Animefreak is just a guy that likes to be right. I've met plenty of his kind. so can we get back to something that isn't retarded because someone doesn't know how to "debate"?
Oh but i do know how to debate, and obviously the last post wasn't meant to be serious.

We've been "debating" this whole time. I've been right, you've been wrong. I still think this way because you didn't provide any worthwhile reason not too.

I'm waiting for the full blu-ray release of Chu2Koi.

EDIT: I just got a trophy here on 8wr, i forgot this site even had those

In general, AF just wants to know what has been done before as an anime such as Elfen Lied. I get what he's saying altogether, because it's like asking what rap song felt the similar to 50 cent's Magic Stick? Candy Shop. Why does it feel the same? The beats and all just felt like a rehash imho.

Granted, that terrible example is all I got and I had to do a little research, but that's where he's getting anal at. Just wants proof that answers his question. If it doesn't.....well....yeah.

Well what do you guys think of chuunibyou?

Personally, it was okay. I t had the moments I enjoy, but SAO and Say I love you kind of made this anime look lackluster in my eyes. The only reason why I kept watching it was for Kumin and Rika. Other than that, it was similar to certain animes I can't seem to remember. I'll let AF help me on this one.

I can't help with Chu2Koi lol, because i haven't seen it. I'm seasons behind on most anime. Been busy with tournaments yo.

And you miss the REAL point behind my argument. That i don't care. Sure i have valid points i'd like answered, but i don't really care if they are.

EDIT: Because, like i've said before, i don't like Elfen Lied. I've never understood why it was so big in the US and why it's lasted so long on the Con circuit......

Back