Votes: 29 17.7%
  • New School

Votes: 13 7.9%
  • Both

Votes: 107 65.2%
  • Anime? What's that?

Votes: 15 9.1%

• Total voters
Attack on Titan (Shingeki no Kyojin): As of now, I'm 4 episodes in, and I'm calling this my leader for Best of 2013. This show has everything short of romance, and the acting backs it up.

HOOOOOLY SHIIIT, I just watched all the episodes(5 so far), and I have to say that it blew my mind, as the spectator I could never catch a break, every time I thought it was over something always popped up, I highly recommend this series. Also is very graphic(something that I don't like but this is the exception), I think that they want you to understand or better said, they want you to feel sympathy, feel the fear of the characters, and I guess they did an splendid job because I do XD.

Also if you never watched Hunter x Hunter, you barely remember it, or you want to just revive the past I recommend to watch Hunter x Hunter 2011. At first is hard to to watch it because is too cartoonish and it looks like a 5 years old show, but as the show progresses the drawing gets better and so the fights and animation. I would say that it really gets interesting during the hunter exam, and goes up from there.

HOOOOOLY SHIIIT, I just watched all the episodes(5 so far), and I have to say that it blew my mind, as the spectator I could never catch a break, every time I thought it was over something always popped up, I highly recommend this series. Also is very graphic(something that I don't like but this is the exception), I think that they want you to understand or better said, they want you to feel sympathy, feel the fear of the characters, and I guess they did an splendid job because I do XD.

Also if you never watched Hunter x Hunter, you barely remember it, or you want to just revive the past I recommend to watch Hunter x Hunter 2011. At first is hard to to watch it because is too cartoonish and it looks like a 5 years old show, but as the show progresses the drawing gets better and so the fights and animation. I would say that it really gets interesting during the hunter exam, and goes up from there.

Yeah, Kyojin is definitely something I've been waiting to see animated for a long time. Now if they could only do something with Akame no Kiru and Ubel Blatt, I'd really get my fix of great gorey action. Hunter x Hunter is pretty awesome. On a separate note, if any of you like old school anime try "Sakigake! Otokojuku." It's one of the funniest old school anime I've seen and it has the best high school principal ever XD.

I haven't had a day off in a while so I decided to veg out and marathon some anime yesterday.

So I watched Attack on Titan as well after looking into it real quick. I also just finished episode 5 and I'd really like to see what they'd do with episode 6.
"Best of 2013" might be a bit too bold of a call. Not everything in the universe is established yet, the appearing and disappearing of the largest titan seems pretty lazy to me, but I'm willing to hear it out after what I've seen so far. We're only shown in the 5th episode why titans are so deadly. They can actually move really fucking fast and precisely which was actually pretty surprising. Up until then I had thought of the little titans more like a zombie horde, slow and stupid, except big. We don't know what the key's for or where Eren's father is. We also don't know what the deal is with the commander and the king (that scene where they were playing chess).

As for characters, I only really liked "potato girl", the drill sargent and Hannes (The station guard). Eren is characterized too much by hatred I think. He hasn't really shown us much that a main protagonist hasn't shown us before either. Mikasa is a robot who is good at everything. Perfect and boring, not a strong character imo. Armin is a coward and physically weak. We're told he's a genius, but we are never shown why he is a genius. Everyone else is too dark a shade of side character to even care about.

It does seem like a really fun concept. I liked all the episodes so far. I don't really understand the creator's purpose for the episode where Eren couldn't pass the trainee test at first because of faulty equipment. Maybe it was a device to introduce side characters? I'm going to wait and see how it turns out. I do like it, but I just don't feel too invested.

I also started Accel World. I'm not convinced I can like it as much as SAO though. I'm only 6 episodes in, but this isn't as compelling as beat 100 floors or you'll never get out and if you die you really die. I don't really feel invested in Haru getting to level 10 and finding the secret, but I guess I can watch and find out what happens.

And as for Hunter x Hunter. I had the same initial reaction. My friends showed it to me. I looked at Gon's hair and I was like, "idk about this guys, it sort of looks like a kids show." But it's a really good show. And it actually gets pretty metal when the phantom troupe shows up. I've never seen someone get shot in the head or have their head twisted 360 degrees air on American TV. I've honestly never seen a show stay fresh for so long, although I will admit I have missed out on a few anime hype bandwagons.

And as for Hunter x Hunter. I had the same initial reaction. My friends showed it to me. I looked at Gon's hair and I was like, "idk about this guys, it sort of looks like a kids show."

A lot of people had that initial reaction to One Piece as well and look how that one turned out. lol

Hunter X Hunter was awesome sauce... at the first version was. I haven't seen the new version of it.

Hunter X Hunter was awesome sauce... at the first version was. I haven't seen the new version of it.

If you like the first one you will definitely enjoy this one, don't quit on it after watching the first couple of episodes, just keep going and you will see it would get a lot better.

Also in the first season they censure a lot, but I think they noticed this and after the first season there is not that much censure, and right now I think there is barely censure XD

Man the original HxH is leaps and bounds better than HxH 2011, in every way. Other than that first ending theme song.
The only thing that's better about 2011 is that it won't end abruptly at a terrible spot. Once the new show gets beyond GI Final, then it will be better only because the original never made it that far.

Man the original HxH is leaps and bounds better than HxH 2011, in every way. Other than that first ending theme song.
The only thing that's better about 2011 is that it won't end abruptly at a terrible spot. Once the new show gets beyond GI Final, then it will be better only because the original never made it that far.

I'm curious if it it'll go all the way to the end of the chimera ant arc. I'm actually kinda sad that it's on hiatus again for like the 8th time. They should change the name to Hunter X hiatus.

I'm curious if it it'll go all the way to the end of the chimera ant arc. I'm actually kinda sad that it's on hiatus again for like the 8th time. They should change the name to Hunter X hiatus.
The creator gets sick, now has numerous kids, doesn't care and is married to a bag of money so he doesn't have to try as hard.

Sucks, I remember reading that last chapters he made and the quality was straight ass.
But hey straight ass for HxH is still better than Naruto. HEYOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Just wait til the new Sailor Moon is on lol, then you can see why he doesn't try as hard

But hey straight ass for HxH is still better than Naruto. HEYOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Just wait til the new Sailor Moon is on lol, then you can see why he doesn't try as hard

I heard the new Sailor Moon actually got delayed until next year. Anyone got any more info on this or is this old news?

Back