Votes: 29 17.7%
  • New School

Votes: 13 7.9%
  • Both

Votes: 107 65.2%
  • Anime? What's that?

Votes: 15 9.1%

• Total voters
Code Geass season 1 is the best thing since sliced bread. R2 overly confusing me but still good (having watched through episode 21 at this point)

facepalm.gif

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Animeruko

i don't care about other peoples opinions of anime but anyways that list is most of what i've seen, bought, downloaded and own.

I recomend you to watch everything on my list and everythig coming out infact just watch everything and try to enjoy anime for what it is.

Like a lot of other people, I'm not much of an anime watcher any more...

I am following Gundam 00 (season 2 is almost here!) though, which has been a return to form after the travesty that was SEED. Last semi-recent series I finished was Dennou Coil.

Otherwise... yeah, I just end up rewatching older anime when I need my fix, or tend to prefer reading the manga over dealing with the paced-like-molasses anime adaptations of currently running series.

Yeah me too. I got so busy that I couldn't keep up with anime anymore. Maybe we are all growing up??? Or maybe Japan needs better writers..lol.

Watching:
Soul Eater
Code Geass R2

Recently finished:
Diebuster2
Clannad (playing the game now, loved it)

I'd suggest Kara no Kyoukai, dvd3 released

I recently watched the movie Vexille, which wasn't bad!
I really love anime but i'm looking for a good series to watch atm, maybe someone can help me out.
I kinda like the futuristic anime series and movies, like Akira and Vexille, with a lot of action but still with a good story. Ofc i also like series like Hellsing and bleach and Death note!

just finished fate/stay night

i have to say i was impressed (i have very high standards)

gilgamesh is the shit

I am following Gundam 00 (season 2 is almost here!) though, which has been a return to form after the travesty that was SEED.

first 4 eps of that show are rather boring but gradually gets better and better. the later parts of the season are hella awesome, especially the last few episodes. i agree about SEED though, I thought it was boring and only watched a few episodes

I have watched two episodes of this...I like it.

http://anime-media.com/world-destruction-episode-1/
World Destruction is good, Maaya Sakamoto does Morte's voice. Allmost very anime she's done VA work for has been really good. There are other really good VA's for that series too. Im a fan of Maaya's music, I love listening to her voice so its reason enough for me to watch that series.

Sadly though the series is only 13 episodes or so so i dont really know how well its going to turn out unless they do a second season.

i agree about SEED though, I thought it was boring and only watched a few episodes

SEED starts off slow and doest really get better till the end i think and Destiny is good after episode 22 or so. Gundam 00 is pretty so-so untill the last 5 episodes, 00's story moved so terribly slow, The second season looks to be promissing though. but SEED/SEED Destiny are like the beset Gundam series since Zeta. 00 is promising but we'll see.

I guess I had the benefit of watching 00 all at once, so most pacing issues were lost on me. Still, I like that it has some very clear themes and the characters are quite interesting (Graham ftw), not to mention the battles are pretty well laid out.

I'm still ambivalent about SEED... The series had some potential, as did Destiny, but it lost all direction towards the end (hell, Fukuda himself admitted he had no idea where he was going) and Destiny ended up being SEED redux (Jesus!Kira's aimbot saves the day, wtf).

Anyways, cool to see Gundam still getting some love 'round these parts.

I've heard the complaints before (Not reasons though) about Lucky Star. What's so bad about it? To be fair, I haven't really watched it either, getting as far as the opening theme before closing the window, I'm just curious.

you would have to be a really really hardcore anime fan to understand most of the humor in it. If you ever met anyone that says that they understand every joke, they're lying....or if they really did get every joke then there is a .000000001% chance of him ever getting laid.

The best way i can explain lucky star is that its the "meet the spartans" of anime. The humor is in the references, not because anything is actually funny.

If you ever met anyone that says that they understand every joke, they're lying....or if they really did get every joke then there is a .000000001% chance of him ever getting laid.
What does Anime have to do with getting laid? I'm not going to go off topic to debate this but that's a damn stupid comment.

LS... while i don't understand why its so blindly popular its not a horrible show but its nothing amazing, it has a blind following like that Haruhi show which is another random stupidness show. It is true that you need to be an anime fan to really get it but since when was anime meant for people who dont like anime.

ruko said:
What does Anime have to do with getting laid? I'm not going to go off topic to debate this but that's a damn stupid comment.

have you ever heard of something called the "otaku funk?"

LS... while i don't understand why its so blindly popular its not a horrible show but its nothing amazing, it has a blind following like that Haruhi show which is another random stupidness show. It is true that you need to be an anime fan to really get it but since when was anime meant for people who dont like anime.

Agreed with the getting laid comment. It is possible to like anime and have a social life...

I really enjoyed The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, but I never really saw the point of Lucky Star. Melancholy was funny in its own right. It was the 3rd anime I ever watched, but I understood all of the jokes. Lucky Star, though...I don't know, it just bores me. Not to mention that the opening theme is extremely annoying.

Oh, and Archer from Fate/Stay Night is a bad ass.

Only 2 other people who listed MONSTER so far? :(

Yeah me too. I got so busy that I couldn't keep up with anime anymore. Maybe we are all growing up??? Or maybe Japan needs better writers..lol.

I think it's a combination of both, but at least in this case one is undeniable fact and the other is a big problem >(

MSG original is still my favorite, and likely the last real big mecha series I enjoy. These days I'm too jaded to enjoy the newer mecha series, including Geass. Nowadays I'm just looking for a show based on animation quality and more badass-including storylines. I don't think it'll be any time soon that a show tops Bebop or Champloo though, 'cept maybe Blade of the Immortal ::fingers crossed::. No story is going to top MONSTER's IMO.

Could someone explain the appeal of sliceoflife/comedy shows? Every single on seems exactly the same as the last one before it. How many times are we going to laugh at a 9999-hit combo joke? (and I'm a pretty easy-going guy in terms of finding things funny)

If you wanna watch something really funny and cute you should watch Potemayo. I think you lose your man card but do it anyway XD

Back