Votes: 29 17.7%
  • New School

Votes: 13 7.9%
  • Both

Votes: 107 65.2%
  • Anime? What's that?

Votes: 15 9.1%

• Total voters
I loved the show, but that's 75 dollars for 4 episodes on a blu-ray disk and a box. Personally, I'd rather buy the box set when it comes out, a real artbook and/or pvc figures (haven't seen any I really liked yet though). It might cost you a bit more, but it's worth it, especially if you end up having to buy every limited edition dvd set.

After releasing three $75 LE boxes of PMMM, I doubt there gonna release some kind of "Complete box set." I think they are so expensive because they come with so many goodies! I'm dying to know what the "and more" stuff is.

One piece makes me cry. Clannad was so dragged out to me, and the other male character...the funny guy is what kept me going...except he turned out to be nothing but comedic relief.

Bleach started out good, then it become a pain...at least Naruto actually kills characters off. I want some of these useless characters in that show to die...I will watch again once that happens.

dbz. hard to believe I watched that stuff now looking back. maybe because it was new for the time. the frieza saga was ridiculously dragged out.. but it was so worth it when goku FINALLY turned super saiyajin. I had chills for like a week

Clannad is the best ever. THE BEST!
And yeah, how couldn't you cry for that one... T~T

As for Bleach, I personally love it. I know it has a lot of problems, (Plot holes, and inconsistencies, fillers, fillers, and more fillers, and really a lot more.) and everyone says it rips off other anime, (though I'm not that well versed in anime, so I don't see it.) but I've seen every episode, and read every single chapter of the manga because in spite of those flaws, it's still one of my favorites.

Damn you people, go watch Gintama right now. Screw whatever you're doing and go watch it.
no. gintama is alright but it's mostly stuff that's been done before. although I like the intro. been listening to that artist for a while then I heard that song Pray by TommyHeavenly6. I turned my head real quick at that and was like I play and love that song.

No shounen show really kills off characters. Bleach doesn't need too and it's far better than Naruto. Naruto did but guess what? Necromancy brought em back.... retarded comeback mechanics in shows lol.

Also marathoned Demon King Daimao..... on Netflix. This show was bad, the dub was horrid, the animation was spotty.... i laughed way more than i should've and the action was decent.
Do not watch.... not even for boobs.

I just don't like shounen that much. Naruto has more depth than bleach IMO tought. Personnally right now im watching Mirai Nikki which his really good this season BTW, Puella Magi Madoka Magika ( best show of 2011 by far IMO) and Eden of the East which is sensationnal.

As for whether or not I cried during Clannad (I did watch after story), you guys should realize that not everyone expresses emotions the same way. As an INTJ, I'm probably a bit more extreme than others, but there is nothing wrong with not being brought to tears every time something "sad" happens. And even then, I've read literature that is orders of magnitude sadder than something like Clannad. It really doesn't make sense to me to break down into a crying wreck every time I engage with a work of fiction.

Re-watched the second episode last night. Not only is it one of the single most memorable episodes to me, but the dialogue is just so well written. Clannad is one of those shows that is a lot better if you understand the nuances of the language because there is just so much detail in what's being said. Things like Kotomi's ending of every other line with "nano" and Tomoya's distinction of the twins as Fujibayashi and Kyou. Episode 2 is just so full of brilliant irony that I think it's sadder than a lot of the later episodes if you know the entire story.

After releasing three $75 LE boxes of PMMM, I doubt there gonna release some kind of "Complete box set." I think they are so expensive because they come with so many goodies! I'm dying to know what the "and more" stuff is.

I don't know of a single show that has had limited edition boxes that didn't release some kind of single box set. Sure it takes a while longer, but I'm the kind of person that is willing to wait. I understand the appeal of getting these things, but looking out for better value buys means having cooler stuff over the long run (at least for those of us that are cost conscious).

For example, I'd rather have something like this http://www.otaku.com/products/32436&referer=googleps over pretty much anything that comes in the boxes. I personally end up shoving all of the smaller extras like postcards in a box and forgetting about them forever, while pvc figures and large artbooks always remain as a meaningful part of what's on display.

i prefer shoujo anime and manga waaaaaay over shounen. shounen very often lacks depth in characters and storyline and is more about action. that's its focus. but shoujo excels in all the areas that shounen misses. it may not have as much or any action but if I want to see that I'll just watch an american action movie.

@iKotomi
I hope you weren't offended by anything I said, I didn't mean any. And if you did, sorry that my true intent was masked by my obscure typing style...
Actually, until seeing Clannad, I never really cried over anything I watched/read, (except the Fox and the Hound when I was young... Don't judge me. >.>') but somehow Clannad really got to me. I guess I got really attached.

Also, I never noticed that about Kotomi, maybe it's because things like that don't usually come through in the subs.
Out of curiosity, is you're username by any chance after THAT Kotomi? =3

I could never watch Clannad. Nothing about it sounds good to me. To be honest...it actually sounds pretty bad (Almost certainly because it's a VN adaption, and my hypothesis that all VN adaptions are junk has yet to be proven wrong).

I'm watching bleach and loving it. Current arc with Tsukishima, all gold.

Haters gonna Hate.

*kicks up feet*

Speaking of some hate though, I saw a show called Guilty Crown that was so lousy. Wish fulfillment meter at maximum, even down to the kid meeting his famous popstar youtube crush. (Hey don't knock it, his weapon utilizes the power of destiny... and he was destined to meet the girl he had a crush on, just like you kids at home... what?) Characters don't behave like they have human motives at all. And the whole thing's about militarizing japan? Even more of a turn off. And the parables to post WWII occupation (and how much you want to bet it was the rest of the world who forced the virus on Japan?). "EMPOWER JAPAN!" ugh. Terrible.

Back