Votes: 29 17.7%
  • New School

Votes: 13 7.9%
  • Both

Votes: 107 65.2%
  • Anime? What's that?

Votes: 15 9.1%

• Total voters
KDZaster I acted like a asshole. Sorry about that. Peace.

Freddie> Mechazawa!!!!!!!1 Hmmm maybe Mechazawa is just an ordinary fat and rollie-pollie delinquent with a extremely hard body.

Soul Eater is good. Im surprised i didnt see it, but i might have just missed it.

also, kenpachi is rediculously awesome. he has an 8 year old riding on his shoulder all the time and hes still amazing.

Anime i completed:
Dragonball/Z/GT
Love Hina
Naruto
Shaman King
Shakugan no Shana (1st and 2nd season)

Im currently watching
Naruto shippuudden
Bleach
Soul Eater
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya

These are the coolest animes ( of all those i watched.)

Animes I'm currently watching:
Gurren Lagann
One Piece
Gintama
Air Gear
others that would make this list too long

Animes I've completed:
DBZ
Trigun
Hellsing
G Gundam
Tenjho Tenge

Animes I've stopped watching:
Bleach (I only read the manga now)
Naruto (ditto)
FullMetal Alchemist (never quite caught me)

Freddie, Mechazawa, Guts. This is good company to keep.

If I may, what the heck is up with berserk? It takes like 6 months to get four chapters. It's not going to finish in my lifetime at this rate. Unless we get some lame curveball, like guts suddenly wakes up and finds out it was all a dream, only he's not guts at all but an astronaut on a deep space mission who just broke a glass next to the bed he suddenly finds himself in.

I think Nanoha is actually representative of all that is great with anime. The first season was great. The second season was better. And the last six episodes of the third season are hands down among the best two hours of entertainment ever created, with special mention to the best 10 seconds of entertainment ever made which is Fate slamming Jail into a wall with two handed Riot Zanber. Its shounen without the shounen crap. It's mahou shoujo without the mahou shoujo crap. And it has Nana Mizuki singing half the songs. Seriously, it doesn't really get better than that.

And this is coming from the person who thinks that Key is the next best thing, lol. You can't even start to talking about what anime has to offer without watching all of Air, Kanon, and Clannad.

but of course, that show is almost perfect in every way

Rock on. Gunslinger Girl is one of the first anime I ever watched, and still one of my favorites.

I've wanted to try watching Air, Clannad, and Kanon, but I've never really gotten around to it. Haven't heard much of Nanoha, though, save for this thread. Is it worth watching even if you have little to no interest in the Magical Girl genre?

Well AM64i can agree here but am saddened at your love for abnormally bad movies, that is Shan Fighter the Legend of Dun-Li

iKotomi, Nanoha is amazing, the first season was A's was PERFECT, and StrikerS was awful, and then went ok, and then ended with a bang.

and of course i'm a person who feels anything by Key is perfect, the first anime i ever started watching fansubbed was AIR (along with Kannazuki no Miko and Mai-Hime) and it was AMAZING. and then Kanon 2006 came along (and i watched hte original first) and i cried every episode from 9 and up lol. and now Clannad is taking the bar higher with 2 seasons of perfection.

Rock on. Gunslinger Girl is one of the first anime I ever watched, and still one of my favorites.

I've wanted to try watching Air, Clannad, and Kanon, but I've never really gotten around to it. Haven't heard much of Nanoha, though, save for this thread. Is it worth watching even if you have little to no interest in the Magical Girl genre?

Nanoha is pretty much nothing like a Magical Girl show. Magical Girl shows from what I understand are actually targeted at girls with a sort of feminist "you can do anything" kind of theme, while Nanoha came out pretty much around when moe started dominating anime, and is pretty much pure shonen entertainment where you replace all the lame and stupid characters with cute girls blowing things up.

StrikerS gets a lot of flak because it had to follow up A's. I recently did a three season marathon, and it is painfully clear why the comparison is so horrible. A's had literally perfect pacing the whole show. StrikerS had a lot of story to blow through, introducing two useless characters, two awesome characters, and a bunch of lame robots as enemies.

The first episode is completely wtf, since every Nanoha fan out there wanted to see Fate and Nanoha, not tweedle-dum and tweedle-dummer. If you want to compare it to A's, it really can't hold up as far as action goes because A's pretty much maxed that stat, but the story in StrikerS is a lot more substantive, especially since they had twice as many episodes to work with. Though that being said, I am a real sucker for the underlying family theme and the implicit Fate x Nanoha matchup. If you are watching it just for action, the last 6 episodes comes way too late, but if you do get that far, it is soooo satisfying, surpassing the action in A's imo. StrikerS really has what it takes to be a Nanoha sequel, its just the horrible pacing in the beginning pissed off literally everyone (episode 1 left me so pissed off i didn't bother watching the rest until two years later).

I am just gonna list some animes i am currently watching

Code Geass R2
Gundam 00 Season 2
Gundam Wing
Gundam Seed Destiny
Lucky Star!
Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni (When They Cry)
.hack// Roots
and .hack// Legend of Twilight
:3

Ya i had the same feeling for StrikerS, episode 1, baffled me with the lack of any character we gave a damn about, terrible animation quality in comparison tot he other two seasons, and caught me off guard with the way the action went. EVENTUALLY, the quality jumped a bit, the action both kicked up and became great and of course we finally got more Nanoha and Fate, albeit still not enough. And unfortunately the whole Vivio getting captured and become older bad vivio, also known as the Mini-Moon syndrome, REALLY REALLY weighed on my min with how close it came to that.

Back