• New School

Votes: 13 7.9%
  • Both

Votes: 107 65.2%
  • Anime? What's that?

Votes: 15 9.1%

• Total voters
Dead thread is dead.

Fairy Tail fillers are over, so Fairy Tail fans get on that it's gonna be hot!

I started an Anime but I'm thinking in might be for "teh gays". Koutetsu Sangokushi. We'll see...
My Anime top five:
5. Peacemaker Kurogane
230px-Peace_Maker_Kurogane.jpg

4.FLCL
fooly-cooly-flcl-dubbed.jpg

3.Trigun
trigun-rem-wallpaper.jpg

2.Cowboy Bebop
575888-coboy.jpg

1. A tie. Fullmetal Alchemist (They spared no expense on production values, including flying an audio engineer, equipment and crew to Russia to record a boys choir in the Ambiance of a Cathedral.)
Full+Metal+Alchemist_wallpapers_198.jpg

1. Ghost in the Shell (Okay, it's better than FMA)
Animation1.gif
7040_ghost_in_the_shell.jpg

Btooom seems legit.
Watched the first 2 episodes of Medaka Box. I need to catch up on Fairy Tail haven't watched it since they went to the island and got attacked. I'm guessing no more Ikkitousen spin offs kinda sad decent fight anime with boobies :(

I could never get myself to actually sit down and watch Ghost in the shell (this was in high school). Cool art design/animations, probably interesting story...but I found it confusing and boring to be honest.

I've rarely been more interested in a world than in Ghost in the Shell. The show is very....... full of itself. I think i've said this exact thing before lol. Its so serious and caught u in it's world and story that it can drag a little. However it's world and storytelling is so good that it doesn't matter..... usually anyway.

To each his own in the end

I could never get myself to actually sit down and watch Ghost in the shell (this was in high school). Cool art design/animations, probably interesting story...but I found it confusing and boring to be honest.
you
Ghost in the Shell has put me to sleep the 3 or 4 times I tried to watch it.
you
I've rarely been more interested in a world than in Ghost in the Shell. The show is very....... full of itself. I think i've said this exact thing before lol. Its so serious and caught u in it's world and story that it can drag a little. However it's world and storytelling is so good that it doesn't matter..... usually anyway.

To each his own in the end
and you are probably shonen fans aren't you? only shonen fans would bash a legend like Ghost in The Shell. tsk tsk tsk.

There are tricks in writing. Just like there tricks in art that artists use to capture an audience. Ghost in the Shell appears to have this great story on the surface...but the writer does a very poor job in immersion. From what I saw, and I gave it a fair shake...it could never pull me in. The setting is such a "drag man..." I could described it as a cloudy day with a bit of rain and cold...you don't want to go outside, a good excuse to stay in bed and sleep in.

Even to this day when I think about re-visiting the show and actually watching it in full to grasp it. I don't want to because I feel that it would be a waste of time, and whatever interesting development that lies at the end isn't worth the boredom that eventually leads me there.

and you are probably shonen fans aren't you? only shonen fans would bash a legend like Ghost in The Shell. tsk tsk tsk.

Vince, as a fan of both many shonens as well as GITS let me just say, just because people might like different things that's no reason to be a pretentious a-hole.

To those of you who can't seem to get into it (because my iPad seems unable to quote you directly) how do you feel about the movie Bladerunner?

I took the time to consider it and post it. I don't understand what you're getting at. :/
If you read back in this thread you will see he has a history of jabbing at people for no real reason.

Even to this day when I think about re-visiting the show and actually watching it in full to grasp it. I don't want to because I feel that it would be a waste of time, and whatever interesting development that lies at the end isn't worth the boredom that eventually leads me there.
A show that really did this to me was .hack. People were trying to get me into it but I was just snoring the whole time.

The artwork is crude but Shin Chan really cracks me up.
I've watched so much Anime I can barely keep track. I'll throw out some that I thought were "okay"
Blue Exorcist - good but the ending was meh.
Darker than Black
Chrome Shelled Regios
D. Gray Man
Guilty Crown
Zetman
Basilisk
Black Blood Brothers
Witch Blade
Blade of the Immortal
Buso Renkin
Claymore
Ergo Proxy (I really like this one too)
Speed Grapher
Kaze No Stigma
Moribito (It'd make a top ten)
Samurai 7 (should also be in a top ten)
Lain
Shigurui: Death Frenzy (really good too - dammit!)
The Skull Man
Vandread
X (another classic really)

Oh shit! Gundam Wing should have been on my top five list somewhere. Also, prolly Death Note and Deset Punk. Should've made a top ten.

how was i being an A-hole? i was just asking a legit question. and it wasn't to be mean. i'm just messing.
well for one you need to understand what you're reading before talking.

I was commending GiTS for being amazing yet you threw me in with the two guys i was talking too that disliked it to ask me if i was a shounen fan. Makes no sense.
I'm an everything fan btw, i watch everything because there is no genre that i dislike.

GiTS SAC does a great job of pulling you into it's world, but only after you get through all the characters which takes half the first season to truly start getting good.
And then there's 2nd Gig which is fantastic all around.

Back