Votes: 29 17.7%
  • New School

Votes: 13 7.9%
  • Both

Votes: 107 65.2%
  • Anime? What's that?

Votes: 15 9.1%

• Total voters
my gosh. if i would have known that there was so much sensitivity then i wouldn't have posted. but if i was serious then i would have addressed each of you individually. that's what i do. i don't group people into a collective group. but i think i only came off as being an "a-hole" to people that were serious. it was my mistake for posting that in the first place. sorry.

my gosh. if i would have known that there was so much sensitivity then i wouldn't have posted. but if i was serious then i would have addressed each of you individually. that's what i do. i don't group people into a collective group. but i think i only came off as being an "a-hole" to people that were serious. it was my mistake for posting that in the first place. sorry.
Indeed it was. Making assumptions of people for any reason is already bad, but telling it to them as a base for what you think is right or wrong is truly dumb.
Not to mention being wrong about one of those guys entirely because he was already making an attempt at a point against them.

You sir made no sense in posting that or reading the stuff before hand

Indeed it was. Making assumptions of people for any reason is already bad, but telling it to them as a base for what you think is right or wrong is truly dumb.
Not to mention being wrong about one of those guys entirely because he was already making an attempt at a point against them.

You sir made no sense in posting that or reading the stuff before hand
i thought i already apologized. what you just did is really shallow. i said sorry and you're like, "yeah, because that was really really dumb. you should feel stupid for what you did. etc, etc." can we move on now?

i thought i already apologized. what you just did is really shallow. i said sorry and you're like, "yeah, because that was really really dumb. you should feel stupid for what you did. etc, etc." can we move on now?
It may have been shallow because your apology didn't sound serious at all. You mini-insulted us within it, that's not an apology. Saying we are sensitive on a subject voids the actual apologizing portion.

It may have been shallow because your apology didn't sound serious at all. You mini-insulted us within it, that's not an apology. Saying we are sensitive on a subject voids the actual apologizing portion.
but the "sensitive" was going out that you attacked me after i said something that wasn't meant to be serious. and the fact that you did continue to rant on me after i apologized is kind of immature. and the fact that you are trying to make an excuse for it is kinda childish. not saying you are childish but the actions are. I thought we were grown men here.

I dont know what this thread is about but as far as Anime shows that I have really enjoyed, its the super funny dubs. The animes I enjoyed that WEREN'T just because they were funny dubs and besides the crap(entertaining shows) they showed on toonami.(Adult swim)
TTGL - Made me cry (tear up at least) TWICE
Bakemonogatari is amazing anyway I look at it. (including the prequel and the sequel)
FLCL - Short and sweet and one of the best stories around.
RahXephon - Its Evangelion except not boring (I fell in love with Eva due to Shinji whacking off). Side note, one episode is simply amazing how well it was done. Plus the movie was a great alternate and really well done.
ToraDora - An enjoyable ride (happy ending)
STEINS GATE - A show that literally gave me EVERYTHING I wanted by the end. (happy ending)
Future Diary - Got hard to watch but in the end I was satisfied.
Shadow Skill - The OVA's were good, the show's english dub versions decent but the final episode they were like "whatever lets say what ever the hell we want" Plus I just like the idea behind the front skills and the shadow skills.
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya - Just because... literally... I enjoy everything about it.
Record of Lodoss War - Its oldschool but I like how the main character grows from being a noob into being pro fo sho.
Ranma 1/2, Maison Ikkoku, and Inuyasha - Ranma was amazingly funny, Maison Ikkoku is a great love story and pretty funny, and Inuyasha started and ended well... Inuyasha sucked hard in the middle, for sure.
08th MS Team - Dude loses a leg at the end and was bitched at by his chick "You're heavy"and was like "we can carry the burden together" I liked it because it was the most realistic gundum series ever.

I could name tons more but these will do for now.

but the "sensitive" was going out that you attacked me after i said something that wasn't meant to be serious. and the fact that you did continue to rant on me after i apologized is kind of immature. and the fact that you are trying to make an excuse for it is kinda childish. not saying you are childish but the actions are. I thought we were grown men here.
We're on the internet, everyone is a child.

And no, your comment that i quoted said that it was a legit question, making known that you assumed us to be shounen fans AND that shounen fans seem to dislike GiTS, both of which are wrong. And your "just messing" comment either means you shouldn't take to heart anything we or i've said here to matter because you were joking, OR that you were trying to take back what you said because you were wrong.

Both of which means your original comment was dumb.
i_m_right_youre_wrong_any_questions_card-p137008174501030276en8ks_210.jpg

Hey let's end it here guys. Unless you're 14 years old or younger, differences in opinion are not subject to debate.

I'm more interested in getting some "good" recommendations instead, as there are a lot of new anime out.

I don't know about recommending things. But I give it up to JoJo's Bizarre Adventure this must be an old anime since I believe I have seen the title before. But it's a pretty good remake so far for a fighting geek like me.

An attempt at recommending...

Two very clear distinctions between the protagonist and antagonist. The bad guy here is such an asshole. But the good guy isn't some defeatist hopeless sob either. It's a manly show, for manly men. Fast paced action. And you feel "cool" watching it.

Only 2 episodes in, can't wait for more.

Jojo is one of those things I've completely missed out on, I know nothing about it beyond the title -.-

So, on the original...

What's the premise?

What's the style for the entire show? Wax philosophical like mad, fights at the drop of a hat, people slipping on banana peels, or...?

How's the characterization? Are the characters incredibly complex, flat yet effective in their purposes, or somewhere in between?

How about the score? What genre is it, what ind of instruments does it use?

I think I'll definitely go with the original over the remake, for now. But I'm curious anyways.

lol just wiki it or MAL it.

It's shounen. Very action. Kinda Dark. Kinda weird but not Nichijou weird where the show is random just design and conceptually weird.
Can't comment on music, don't have any real memories of it.

lol just wiki it or MAL it.

It's shounen. Very action. Kinda Dark. Kinda weird but not Nichijou weird where the show is random just design and conceptually weird.
Can't comment on music, don't have any real memories of it.
Have you watched Magi? If not, check it out. I liked the first episode......Pocky Yoshi needs to go watch the recent episodes kthxbai >.>;

Jojo is one of those things I've completely missed out on, I know nothing about it beyond the title -.-

So, on the original...

What's the premise?

What's the style for the entire show? Wax philosophical like mad, fights at the drop of a hat, people slipping on banana peels, or...?

How's the characterization? Are the characters incredibly complex, flat yet effective in their purposes, or somewhere in between?

How about the score? What genre is it, what ind of instruments does it use?

I think I'll definitely go with the original over the remake, for now. But I'm curious anyways.

It has the best dub ever. EVER.

It has some great lines like "... AN OIL TANKER *FOR-YOU*!"

And

"I have to damage... his HEAD."
"Tch... Jotaro has... DAMAGED my HEAD. Curse you, Jotaro."

But seriously it's good. The fights are anyhow. Character designs are weird (An orangutan with a captain's hat?) but the good guys are good and the bad guys are for the most part all bad.

It has the best dub ever. EVER.

It has some great lines like "... AN OIL TANKER *FOR-YOU*!"

And

"I have to damage... his HEAD."
"Tch... Jotaro has... DAMAGED my HEAD. Curse you, Jotaro."

But seriously it's good. The fights are anyhow. Character designs are weird (An orangutan with a captain's hat?) but the good guys are good and the bad guys are for the most part all bad.

As good a description as anyone could give. The heroes are very obviously the heroes, and you can spot the villains a mile away, but still love to hate them. It's very simple in design/theory, but amazing in execution.

Back