Votes: 29 17.7%
  • New School

Votes: 13 7.9%
  • Both

Votes: 107 65.2%
  • Anime? What's that?

Votes: 15 9.1%

• Total voters
Yeah, it was pretty awesome. Then again, I have yet to watch a show by Studio Shaft that I could say sucked.

Recently finished Tsuritama, and just completed Gurren Lagann last night. I'm... not really sure what I just watched in either case, but I liked them. XD

Recently finished Tsuritama, and just completed Gurren Lagann last night. I'm... not really sure what I just watched in either case, but I liked them. XD

In Gurren Lagann's case, pure undiluted Gainax awesomeness that IMHO still sets the bar for anime badassery.

In Tsuritama's... dunno, never watched it.

Jojo is one of those things I've completely missed out on, I know nothing about it beyond the title -.-

So, on the original...

What's the premise?

What's the style for the entire show? Wax philosophical like mad, fights at the drop of a hat, people slipping on banana peels, or...?

How's the characterization? Are the characters incredibly complex, flat yet effective in their purposes, or somewhere in between?

How about the score? What genre is it, what ind of instruments does it use?

I think I'll definitely go with the original over the remake, for now. But I'm curious anyways.

What do you mean original or remake? this is the first ever Jojo TV series, the other stuff was OVA for part 3. This starts from the very beginning of part 1 so there's no better place to start for jojo anime. The manga is split into "parts" where each part has a different main character. part 2 hero is part 1's grandson, part 3 hero is part 2's grandson, etc. The manga series is over 100 volumes long and is incredibly good

Jojo is not terribly philosophical. Part 1&2 (which this current anime season should cover) are very hot blooded late 80s/early 90s style shounen. Strength is important but the fights in the series are won moreso by wits than brawn in general. The battles become increasingly clever as the series progresses. Characters are generally not terribly deep but they are likable and very distinct from one another.

As for me I've started watching Psycho Pass and Robotics Notes. Psycho Pass is really awesome so far

I just started "So I Can't Play H". I'm only two episodes in but I've laughed my ass off so far. "He saw her red string"? Still not sure exactly what that means, only where.

I feel so unmanly... Episode 6 of Little Busters! had me tearing up... and then Chuunibyou Ep. 7 drove another stake through my heart.

Goddamn it, anime. Why u so good this season?

Don't worry about it man. I don't know myself if I lost or gain a lot of manliness by watching the whole K-ON series and enjoying the hell out of it. I just don't care.

By the way my favorite anime of all time might probably be School Rumble.

Finally! Evangelion 3.0 hits Japanese theaters TODAY! Been waiting for this one since 2010.

I heard everyone I thought was dead is in fact not dead. Good to hear. Even if the hero falls into the classic "Shit how badly I want to slap him" vein.

The new Hayate just took a weird turn of events...

i caught up this weekend as i was working from home.. What they are doing is using some material from the Manga and adding the new story as well. Episode 3 was clearly the manga with alterations. Since it seems that this is only running for about 12-13 episodes we will see what will happen.

Back