Votes: 29 17.7%
  • New School

Votes: 13 7.9%
  • Both

Votes: 107 65.2%
  • Anime? What's that?

Votes: 15 9.1%

• Total voters
Beach, hot springs, X-mas, and/or new year's scenes. Majority of harem/romance anime always have episodes with stuff like that.

Ah yes and that obligatory scene, you know the one...

"H-H-HOTSPRINGS?!? B-BUT TH-THAT Means... MIZUKI... MIZUKI WILL BE IN A BATHING SUIT!!!"

Oh anime. I remember the first time I was scheduled to see a girl I liked in a bathing suit. It was a class trip to a water park and I was like 12. I think I was more focused on the water slides though. But in animes people are usually a big ball of nerves.

Ah yes and that obligatory scene, you know the one...

"H-H-HOTSPRINGS?!? B-BUT TH-THAT Means... MIZUKI... MIZUKI WILL BE IN A BATHING SUIT!!!"

Oh anime. I remember the first time I was scheduled to see a girl I liked in a bathing suit. It was a class trip to a water park and I was like 12. I think I was more focused on the water slides though. But in animes people are usually a big ball of nerves.
Ironically my kindred spirit, I always chuckle when I can predict what happens in a hot spring scene.

Generic spineless anime goody guy: Don't peek at chicks.
Pervy friends of anime goody guy: Stop being a wuss. Look at those boobs.
They get caught and abandon anime goody guy and he is clumsy to fall and land in a naked girl's breast.

I'm pretty sure you can predict the rest from there haha.

Started watching Amagami SS. Finished the Haruka arc, on Kaoru's.

It's unfair that I can like this so much... except for Junichi's bitch-ass sister.

Miya is supposed to be that cute annoying little sister you have to pat on the head...or hit her on the head(not too hard though) to discipline her.

Miya is supposed to be that cute annoying little sister you have to pat on the head...or hit her on the head(not too hard though) to discipline her.

Except I find she's neither. She's just annoying.
"NII-NII!" -> eardrums rupture. EVERY. DAMN. TIME.

Finished Kaoru's arc. So much awesome. Started Sae's, and have been giggling through the entire thing. Joji Nakata as a narrator is freaking awesome.

Also watched Tamako Market, premiere... and I still don't know what to think.

Does somebody know if Elfen Lied is worthy of watch? i tried to watch it a couple of years ago,but i felt that it was too gruesome for me by then.But now i feel like im ready.......lol

Does somebody know if Elfen Lied is worthy of watch? i tried to watch it a couple of years ago,but i felt that it was too gruesome for me by then.But now i feel like im ready.......lol
I can't watch it cause most of it is not surprising. A lot of the characters and plot points have been done before. It gives the feeling of "I see it this before" like in "I've seen this done in [insert story here]".
And
The girl kills the best potential of a villain in the whole series after he explains who he is. the professor, which is like in the second or third episode I think, kills him right then and there.

I can't watch it cause most of it is not surprising. A lot of the characters and plot points have been done before. It gives the feeling of "I see it this before" like in "I've seen this done in [insert story here]".
And
The girl kills the best potential of a villain in the whole series after he explains who he is. the professor, which is like in the second or third episode I think, kills him right then and there.

Been done before when compared to what?

If you watch a lot of psychologic and gory animes Elfin Lied is very tamed(even if you remove the gory ones). It tries to mind fuck and shock you but you see it coming. Somethings just fall short. Its a good series but its not great.
Well i do, but what other anime did what this show does before it did?

Well i do, but what other anime did what this show does before it did?
i definitely get what Morrows is saying. everything felt "done before". i can't point out exactly what at the moment but the fact that I even get that feeling means that I've definitely seen it before. Elfin Lied is over rated in my opinion. people thing it's amazing because it has more blood and gore than most anime series and has a the usual love triangle that many anime series have with the action and a little plot device going. the only unique feature about this movie is the girl's power which is kinda new but to me it got old.

i just didn't like it because of the super obviously forced and pointless perverted scenes, the characters that seemed like they were gonna have an impact on the plot but didn't because they were killed off as suddenly as they came in. the random kills. the killing that had nothing to do with anything. the main male character that i found annoying more than any other character. the same character that i hated because of his "rationalizing" is stupid and unrealistic. the main female character that i don't care about and only seem to hate more as I see her. and the cliche double personality thing got old real quick. (first episode quick).

not to mention i never have any fear for the main girl. she's like milla jovovich in Resident Evil: Apocalypse and Resident Evil: Extinction. She can't be beat. she makes all her opponents look stupid and unskilled no matter how much the movie tries to boast them or how skilled the show actually makes them out to be.

overall i give this movie a 4/10

music was okay.
artwork was superb.
characters were meh.
story was meh and not the focus of attention for most audience members. (wanting to see the next person die)
dubbing. Japanese: didn't watching it in japanese. English: well done.

Well this is a series, not a movie.
And that's not what i'm asking. When you say "it's been done before" and that's one of the main reasons you feel it's lacking, than you MUST show what did it before and better.
And if the examples you show came after it, and you just hadn't seen this yet, than that is not a valid reason. For this is the show that did it before, and not what you're saying did it before.

It's like seeing Dances with Wolves, from 1980, and sayin it was only OKAY but it was too much like Avatar from 2009. You'd be retarded because Avatar is like Dances with Wolves and is what the story came from and NOT the other way around.

Well this is a series, not a movie.
And that's not what i'm asking. When you say "it's been done before" and that's one of the main reasons you feel it's lacking, than you MUST show what did it before and better.
And if the examples you show came after it, and you just hadn't seen this yet, than that is not a valid reason. For this is the show that did it before, and not what you're saying did it before.

It's like seeing Dances with Wolves, from 1980, and sayin it was only OKAY but it was too much like Avatar from 2009. You'd be retarded because Avatar is like Dances with Wolves and is what the story came from and NOT the other way around.
I think this is a very good argument but it wouldn't change his objection to all the violence, AF.

Back