Votes: 29 17.7%
  • New School

Votes: 13 7.9%
  • Both

Votes: 107 65.2%
  • Anime? What's that?

Votes: 15 9.1%

• Total voters
may watch lain. already watched clannad and madoka doesn't look appealing to me.

Mirai Nikki I really need to finish though.

Is H.O.T.D worth watching despite the boatloads of Fanservice? Also, can anyone recommend an anime with a badass female character?

Meh, I got nothing to lose, I might as well check H.O.T.D out for at least a couple of episodes.

It's alright at first, goes off the deep end at the midpoint, then saves itself a bit at the end.

That said, about the strong female lead thing, Canaan and Kara no Kyoukai are good. Madoka Magica is also very good, regardless of any stylistic apprehension you may have.

If you want to see the creation of a strong female lead, though, watch Psycho-Pass. It's really damn good.

Is H.O.T.D worth watching despite the boatloads of Fanservice? Also, can anyone recommend an anime with a badass female character?

Regarding HOTD, I will say as somebody who hated the fan service that, yes it is. The first few episodes and the last three episodes are quite watchable and enjoyable. There's a lot of stuff in the middle when the gears get clogged up to shake your head at, but a few bright moments that may carry you through.

As for what brought me in today, here's the google translate version of a foreign Bleach fan page:

The gradual weakening of the target displacement of Kiev Saint Mary Chain. Espada number 7, but cheap beer Takuya. come help out. Unconscious body of Luna Kiev was used as a tool to fight it. Arabia Takuya. berserk and brutally Mary Chain Management. Blue Kiev was totally poor treatment of Isa revived. You see , you love beer. injury and knew that was protecting his brother again.

7 months after the battle with Eisen. Lou Kiev was promoted to deputy chief. She was sent to earth with angels was to help Ichigo. Lou Kiev sword thrust pressure souls. Ewe Kerwin. created stab Ichigo. behind the powerful god of Ichigo. restored.

Luke's Clairvaux fight me like a doll house, and was made ​​into the shape of a sword fight, you hare not. Kiama Blue is released from the doll and was beaten until unconscious before beer Takuya. would bring her body out.

One that i saw was Moribito, Guardian of the Spirit. Its about a female spear user who is protecting a young boy. It was pretty good.. Maybe you will like it.

So I just read all of Watamote or "It's not my fault I'm not popular!" that's available. My general position is that I liked it, a lot. The main character is an intelligent but odd and socially awkward girl named Tomoko who's just started highschool. She's inclined to live like a shut-in, happy to go home and play video games. She doesn't like most people whom she veiws as stupid or selfish or mean. It's a cruelty of the human heart that this doesn't stop her from being lonely and wanting to be close to other people though. She often contemplates how stupid she herself is. And it's a comedy! Lol. There are parts of it that really make you cringe and feel bad for her but most are still amusing all the same. For example anyone who has played a collectible card game like magic the gathering or yugioh knows that they are by no means "cool". Enjoyable maybe but not generally what society as a whole would consider cool and they probably never will be cool. So taking somebody to watch you play one in the hopes you will look cool? Ugh... Annnd that's just what she does. There are the moments she acts just too wierd, but I can forgive those. Conversely, sometimes she does adorable things. There are more good moments of writing than bad IMO.

Above all else I thought somewhere near the end of my reading that "Mokocchi", as her only friend calls her, is a believable person. This person with their neurosis, their joys and sorrows, desires and little defeats could totally exist, and could probably do with a hug. There's a part of it where she wants to go take her picture. But her only friend is busy that day, and her brother doesn't want to go. So she goes and takes it by herself. She steps out of the photo machine and she looks at her picture and the pictures other people have left behind. They're all in groups. Boyfriends and girlfriends, groups of guys rough housing, girls hugging. And there are no words on that panel. Just a shadow over her face. If you've ever gone to the movies or anything society has deemed a "group activity" alone then maybe you know just how she feels in that panel.

I won't keep going on because it's probably not for everyone. Some people might not like that the main character is an introverted, daydreaming weirdo. Some people might not like that she always seems to make some kind of mistake. I liked it though. Has anyone else read it?

Not really. I was waiting for the anime since it was announced and it piqued my interest. I'll probably read it after the show ends.

So... this season has been winding down, so here are some evaluations of the shows I've seen the endings to.

Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatteiru

The season's first big surprise. No harem twists, light in-series shipping fuel, solid animation, and an excellent cast. This is probably my #2 show of the season, and you need to see this if you haven't.

Valvrave The Liberator

This was only ever meant to be a pointless stuff-blows-up time waster, and boy did it live up to those expectations. The show is beautiful (as a Sunrise show should be), the soundtrack is alright, and the acting is solid. Just don't expect a deep plot or any answers until Season 2.

Attack on Titan (mid-season)

I figure that with the Trost arc over, it's fair game to discuss. I understand how Attack on Titan is the most popular show this season. It's beautiful to watch, it's got a nice cast of diverse characters, the acting is top-notch, and the soundtrack is godly. This show has serious pacing issues, though. While the major plot points are intense and when there's some down time for the cast, things slow down appropriately, you constantly get moments where the show takes 2 episodes to cover what could easily take one, or spends moments on unnecessary glamor shots, OR has excessively large "last time on..." segments. Don't get me wrong, it's still more deserving of the hype than SAO got during its run, but it's far from flawless. Probably my #3 of the season. Recommended easily.

Date A Live

I picked this one up late... and I'm glad I did. It's rather light in the plot department, and if you can't wrap your brain around the concept (think The World God Only Knows mixed with Fate/Stay Night, and you're only slightly close), you won't enjoy this. That said, everything else is top-notch. The art is amazing, the soundtrack possibly rivals AoT while used in-show, and the acting is still great. I would recommend trying this show, but it's not for everyone. Season 2 has been confirmed, and I am anticipating it.

Hataraku Maou-sama!

I love this show! How much? It's AoT's competition for #3. While it only scores an A- where AoT scores A+, it is such a better-paced show, and so much funnier! Another definite recommendation!

Still waiting to finish OreImo2, Gargantia, Crime Edge, and hit mid-season for Railgun S.

Okay, I finished Gargantia. My definite choice for Anime of the Season, and one of the best season/series finales I've seen since... maybe Fate/Zero. Definite recommendation for you all.

Valrave has been enjoyable so far, Gargantia is something I definitely want to get on after I finish Valrave. Date A Live keeps me intrigued like how Xernuht explains it, although I wait for a season 2. Yahari I need to get on since I am curious.

I don't think you'll be disappointed by either Yahari or Gargantia.

Although, with how things have been lately in his work, when is the Urobutcher going to start collecting bodies?

Madoka Magica Movie 3. Everyone dies. Calling it now.

Back