Official Natsu 1.02 Patch Changes Discussion

roughly mid-range will do, but yeah it tends to whiff at any range less than that. in any case, tha_shogun reminded me that the old combo will work regardless (without the poison dart ender of course), so you can just use that instead.

ok ok here are some insights that should come in handy for post-patch natsu:

- a properly delayed 4A+B is a tech trap after 3KKK
- after 66B BE, 2A+B will cover right ukemi, while 4A+B will cover left and back ukemi.
- 44K and 8A+B (assuming the guard dmg didn't get nerfed) are good to mixup with 4A+B. 44K does decent grounded dmg, and don't forget 1A's dmg is nerfed.
- if an opponent eats 66B and techs, they have to block a followup PO rush PO B.
- 6A+B PO is +11 on hit.
- seven 6ABs will crush an opponent (it's an honest 50/50 with 6AK once 6A makes contact with the opponent).

honestly fishing with 6A+B was just way too easy. and don't forget for mid-range tools you have 66B, iWS K (-12 is annoying, but still acceptable), A+B and 2K. and at close range you have AAB, 3K series, A:6 (thank god nothing happened to this move) and 22A.

1A combos after 66B BE.
Its what I use when I'm not tossing bombs out for a mix up.
My bad, was sleepy and did it far too slow, so slow that Ivy ukemi'd up lol.

EDIT; Is it just me or can it be Ukemi'd to the opponents left? Ivy is getting up without getting hit by 1A.

Don't forget about 6A. Its definitely got some uses.

6A itself is safe on block. i17, -10
6AB does insane guard damage. I think it ring outs behind. -13
6AK is safe on block and ring outs to your right. -8

EDIT: Yeah, Ukemi left avoids it. I don't know if its just her or not. You can delay it a little and it will catch her, but it doesn't combo.

Ok, 1A seems to whiff against Ivy and Aeon if they ukemi to their left after 66B BE. I have a feeling this might apply to the characters on the list on the first page.

Oh she is still very good, but she will just be a bit more boring imo. She reminds me a lot of SC4 Taki. SC4 Taki was soild, but a snorefest to play.

Lol, in the course of messing around in training for Adam, I came across a weird situation.

If PO B catches an Ukemi left, the opponent doesn't get stunned and fall. They just stand there. It seems like the move becomes negative on hit. Not punishable negative I think, but negative nonetheless.

On topic: No more CE PO dash cancel A+B CE... :( I have a feeling you can't combo CE after A+B anymore.

Ok, 1A seems to whiff against Ivy and Aeon if they ukemi to their left after 66B BE. I have a feeling this might apply to the characters on the list on the first page.

you're right. there's something weird about their hitboxes. however, 4A+B will launch them if they left ukemi, so i doubt they'll do it. BUT for some reason if you catch them with 4A+B, PO airthrow afterwards doesn't work, so you'll have to do another variant instead.

Oh she is still very good, but she will just be a bit more boring imo. She reminds me a lot of SC4 Taki. SC4 Taki was soild, but a snorefest to play.

neoshinji: i have to admit that i do think the poison dart nerf is a step in the entirely wrong direction. they should have nerfed 44K's dmg or something. but otherwise i don't think the other nerfs are necessarily making natsu less fun, unless you just enjoy doing the long combo after a randomly fished CH 6A+B (which i admit i do enjoy, haha).

any character gets weaker immediately when its players stop playing, experimenting and trying things out. i kind of regret not researching more and making more noise about the weird hit issues for ivy and the rest, especially if it doesn't get addressed in this patch.

Well, 1A is supposedly going to hit grounded more reliably. So that issue might be fixed.

It was just fun/effective to dart people that just lay on the ground.
Dart into 2A+B... they lay there... dart again.

And yes the long combos were very fun to do haha.

you're right. there's something weird about their hitboxes. however, 4A+B will launch them if they left ukemi, so i doubt they'll do it. BUT for some reason if you catch them with 4A+B, PO airthrow afterwards doesn't work, so you'll have to do another variant instead.

I usually try it anyway.
If it fails I'm in BT right in front of them and they're on the ground.

9/10 times I can connect BT A+B on them waking up with something. Even if they know I like to do it.
If not, oh well, BT A+B is an insanely safe mid at -3.

Wait, I just noticed 77_11K is so safe. -7. Bible doesn't have impact, but I assume its i17 like BT A+B. Its got decent guard damage, too.

Actually, its still a good move. They didn't change anything but the launch height.
It currently combos into A:6, 66B, and CE. Curious to see it after patch.

BT A+B combos into A+B. Sad that 11_77K doesn't :(

Last edited:
any character gets weaker immediately when its players stop playing, experimenting and trying things out. i kind of regret not researching more and making more noise about the weird hit issues for ivy and the rest, especially if it doesn't get addressed in this patch.

This.

Also, they seem to be able to avoid 4A+B by using ukemi to their right, so i guess it's a 50/50... if they even decide to ukemi that is, which would be not worth the risk unless they do it to avoid certain death.

Well, 1A is supposedly going to hit grounded more reliably. So that issue might be fixed.
Might be it, but i'm not happy until i know that all her hitbox issues and the airthrow glitch is fixed. I doubt either of those were meant to be that way.

This.

Also, they seem to be able to avoid 4A+B by using ukemi to their right, so i guess it's a 50/50... if they even decide to ukemi that is, which would be not worth the risk unless they do it to avoid certain death.

Right ukemi doesn't beat 4A+B in true tech traps such as A+B 4A+B.

It does after 66B BE vs Ivy, would not be suprised if Aeon and a few other could do this aswell.

66B BE sends them too far away which is why the issue occurs.

Most people just lay on the ground anyway so I don't think its that important. There's a lot of information about Natsu's tech traps that you have to keep track of and its probably (always) safer to just wait and see what the mix up is going to be instead of risking an Ukemi.

they already said the stun on CH 22K is less, so we dont know that. same thing with WS+K if its less safe on block it could stand to reason that the CH recovery is worse as well. the window to hit 6A+B might be gone

Hm, I usually try to read patch notes or changes in the mindset of what Namco wants this character to play like. Does this change to CH combos, imply that they want Natsu to be a whiff punishment character? (lol 66B). Her oki mixups seem weak without poison darts, and 1A can be blocked on reaction.

Back