Official Natsu 1.02 Patch Changes Discussion

Not really.

They're also almost entirely worthless damage and frames wise.

+4 on hit and -6 on block is nothing to sneeze at. considering even her normal pokes (AA, BB, 3KK) only give +2 i'll take +4 anywhere i can get it.

Are the cancels really +4 on hit?
Doesn't ever seem like it.

Hm..
I think I need to take a look at the bible again :S

Hm..

Once you become more and more aware of other characters frame traps, i8 becomes more useful. Its not a huge counter but a bit more jarring to them when you knock them out of their frame trap set up. Plus if you think they are going to duck you can always just do 2b.

When they block PO B you can get 2B~A for free. The time is a pain for me though and usually you are better off doing a mix up. But if all it will take is a sliver of health to finish the match then I guess this is an option hah.

Also, on a side note. This is always a suggestion I give to other taki/natsu players. But one way to improve you overall skills with her is to beef up your spacing and defense game. I personally use Asta to help with this. IMO they play very very similar range wise and to a degree offensively.

Asta's Headbutt = Natsu's PO B.
Asta's A+B = Natsu's A+B
Asta's 66K = Natsu's 66B

Asta will teach you how to land throws more as well as how to punish from mid range. For people that are having trouble adjusting to the new patch of Natsu or those that mainly play online this is a very good way to improve your overall game defensive wise.

Depending on Natsu's speed has always been a very narrow way to utilize her and the game in general.

Somebody told me that spacing is what really separates the better players from the rest.
In fact, playing Pyrrha next to Natsu helps me see things in an entirely different light.
I am also interested in Asta though.
And I was instinctively planning to play him next... I_I

Hm..

if the info in the bible is correct. 2Ba and 2BA are both +4, 6KA is -4 on hit so thats kind of garbage, PO A is only + 2 and it doesnt have the info on bomb cancel A but from my playing it definitely is some kind of + between the 2 and 4 range.

on a side note my my theory of ending a combo near a wall with 3KKK, WS B4A+B is working out really well, you can usually catch somebody with it the first couple times you use it, if they stay on the ground and eat the bomb tack on a FC K or FC A+B into 2A+B. once they see they can commit to a low block to block the bomb you can really hit them hard with a mid up against the wall.

oh oh and i did something awesome this weekend that showed me FC A+B still has some use, although its super situational.

against NM or xiba if they are fishing for reverse RO with B+G/FC B+G and 1A+B respectively you can punish on block with FC A+B into A:6 for a RO. i did this twice in match this weekend and you should have seen the look on the other guys face.

FC 2A+B, A:6 RO
Awesome stuff, this should also work on anyone who tries a throw or any high attack with the back to the edge.
You crouch, they whiff their grab/high, you punish with FC 2A+B and bam.
Mix it up with 8KA/A+B and 66B BE/3B and they don't want to attack at all in fear of whiffing and getting ROed.
Or they do a move that tracks all but is unsafe to plain A:6.

i need to learn to get inside better, I lose half my health trying to get inside.

Against which characters?
You can't learn to get in on Nightmare- only guess right two or three times before you can even hit him.

I don't really see a problem with anyone else unless you're just pressing buttons at the wrong time.
Most of "getting in" is character knowledge. Just study/play against them some more.

Back