Old Man's Wisdom: Mitsurugi Combos

Sorry for not reading the whole thread, so just igonre of already known. I saw in first post you only listed 11BA Wallcombos when you hit 4K etc from Max range, but this seems pretty constant to me and havent seen it in your video:

3B~W!~iFC1B~11BA6~MSTB B+K BE~CE alone is 129 DMG. So better than the other ones you listed in first post.

But i feel like its worth to check.

Hey Doc, thx for your contribution. Its really interesting, but you got it all wrong :P
This is very consistant if you use 4K to throw into wall. It gets a bit weird/char dep with 4B and 3B.
So here is the trick to it
If 4K throws opp into wall from a distance FC 1B will not give a high wall splat, so instead, go directly for 11BA~MSTB+K,1A = 106 dmg
However, if you and your opponent are close to the wall, and you use 4K to splat, FC 1B gives high wallsplat and you can FC 1B, 11BA MST B+K,1A = 103 dmg :p

Have fun folks.

Hey Doc, thx for your contribution. Its really interesting, but you got it all wrong :P
This is very consistant if you use 4K to throw into wall. It gets a bit weird/char dep with 4B and 3B.
So here is the trick to it
If 4K throws opp into wall from a distance FC 1B will not give a high wall splat, so instead, go directly for 11BA~MSTB+K,1A = 106 dmg
However, if you and your opponent are close to the wall, and you use 4K to splat, FC 1B gives high wallsplat and you can FC 1B, 11BA MST B+K,1A = 103 dmg :p

Have fun folks.

My post was more about 3B as a starter, since iFC1B seems very consistent afterwards for some chars. Not really range dependent and you can followup with 11BA or 44B into Mist. For some characters it doesnt work, but for the other one it seems really like a solid combo after 3B W!....

Of course i know you Mitsuplayers like easy inputs, 2KB and stuff, so you probably will just do 3B 3B 3B in tournament as your BnB Wall Combo :P

CH 22K, CE is also a combo - not sure if it's mentioned on here. Not sure if it's the best one though following CH 22K?

FC 1bb natural combo against:
Algol
Alpha Patroklos
Astaroth
Voldo
Nightmare
Tira
Aeon
Ivy
Hilde
Raphael
Ezio
ZWEI

Seems to be random against:
Maxi

Works off axis against:
Algol

Works on crouch against:
Astaroth
Voldo
Nightmare
Aeon

I've been wondering that since I saw the french stream, where DTN used FC 1BB always to punish opponents high moves.
However its not really clear for me (I will test but what of the others).
Does this mean FC 1BB will not be usually guaranteed off axis, or on crouching opponents, but generally works on standing opponents?

Checked it out, very nice overall, but:
FC 1BB = 42 dmg , 46 dmg on clean hit - clean hit rate firly low (10% or less)
236B = 42 dmg, 52 on clean hit - clean hit rate is decent (20%)

236B can also be enchanced by BE, which I prefer, bringing damage totals to at least 56+ wakeup.
So it seems FC 1BB isnt that useful afterall outside of CH possibilities

Also I noticed a lot of people tend to throw out CE'e in combos. here are some numbers:

ch FC 1BB 66A+B = 87 / ch FC 1BB, CE,1B = 99. Only 12 dmg increas and 1B will not hit vs all characters, then its 91 dmg = 4 dmg gain. lol?
Against ALL characters you can also 33BB (or 99 against other) for 105 dmg. But, if you hit their side, second hit may wiff depending on the character size and hitbox.

So there is NO point in doing ch FC 1BB CE, except when you can RO or combo into a wall. That's pure waste of meter.

Overall, I think there is little point in enchancing combos with CE, unless you can RO, wall, or simply finish the round right away.

However, CE is amazing for catching rollers near walls or edges. Risky of course, but it catches all rolls. I won decisive tournament match when I threw an opponent close to an edge and, afraid of powerful Mitsu RO game he started to roll sideway (most people do), while I used CE to RO and take the set.

this is my first post evar! :D
not sure if this is mentioned, 33b!, 11ba~mist, b b+k, *your time is up*
kthankxbye :D

"Against ALL characters you can also 33BB (or 99 against other) for 105 dmg. But, if you hit their side, second hit may wiff depending on the character size and hitbox. "

if possible can you please list the specific characters that combo will be guaranteed against? 105 is big damage! or do you guys just do 66 A+B for guaranteed damage?

FC 1bb natural combo against:
Algol
Alpha Patroklos
Astaroth
Voldo
Nightmare
Tira
Aeon
Ivy
Hilde
Raphael
Ezio
ZWEI

Seems to be random against:
Maxi

Works off axis against:
Algol

Works on crouch against:
Astaroth
Voldo
Nightmare
Aeon

if it" works on crouch against"......then shouldn't it work against all the charactes on the very top of the list? since it's natural combo?

It seems sort of random. just tried again on NM and it didnt work. Dunno whats up with that.

FC 1BB causes the ground stun you usually get on CH if you hit them at tip range. At the very tip sometimes you don't get the stun though. Only really tested it on Astaroth =/

On NH in situations where FC 1BB isn't a combo, the second hit is still a causes a forced-block situation. If they don't want to get hit, they'll have to stand into your mixup, since it's hard to read whether the second hit is coming or not during the window where you have to press G to block the second hit. So I prefer FC 1B as my FC punisher unless I really need the damage.

FC 1BB causes the ground stun you usually get on CH if you hit them at tip range. At the very tip sometimes you don't get the stun though. Only really tested it on Astaroth =/

On NH in situations where FC 1BB isn't a combo, the second hit is still a causes a forced-block situation. If they don't want to get hit, they'll have to stand into your mixup, since it's hard to read whether the second hit is coming or not during the window where you have to press G to block the second hit. So I prefer FC 1B as my FC punisher unless I really need the damage.
No. Its random. Doesnt depend on range. Or anything. Mitsu can always block. Nm can almost never block. Maxi can block half of the time or more often. Etc. still builds hell of a meter and breaks armor fast.

New post GI
sorry for mistake last time. Somehow, I messed up the testing or whatever.

fast option 236B hold
slow option 6B+K,MST A+B

fast option is guaranteed if they don't GI back, 236B is 26 frames and after GI u have 27 frames.

so for the slow option I guess it will work if they GI back right away? I should use that, big dmg!

So here is the last thing i will ever add:
66A CE on counter attack and doesnt work on max range.
89 damage. looks like mitsu is not that weak after all.... still not a top tier in my opinion

New post GI
sorry for mistake last time. Somehow, I messed up the testing or whatever.

fast option 236B hold
slow option 6B+K,MST A+B
I've been using 3B as my fast option and 236(B) as my slow one. The moves are 8 frames apart, so I doubt one can GI both with the same timing. Both fit within the window, and in the current metagame people will probably think the defensive mixup is GI or don't GI. Often I run into players that never re-GI as well. And this way I don't need to check whether they have meter or not.

Adding MST A+B will be a good addition though, as it makes it a 3-way mixup, but I'll only add it in once they've started to GI every time.

If they mix up 50/50 between re-GI and no re-GI (really 50/25/25 for the two GI timings):

-doing 3B or 236(B) mixup 50/50 you'll guess right 3/4 of the time. Half the time they won't GI and get hit by either of your two choices and for the other half I'm assuming they'll naturally mix up their GI timings 50/50. If you're lucky they'll be fixated on only one GI timing, which actually seems to happen more likely than not. For this reason I use fully charged 236(B) which works 100% of the time if they aren't used to doing such slow re-GIs.

-doing 3B, 236(B), MST A+B mixup 33/33/33 you'll guess right 2/3 of the time. 1/6 of time MST A+B will hit for big damage.

If they do the "correct" mix of 1/3 fast re-GI, 1/3 slow re-GI, 1/3 no re-GI:

-doing 3B or 236(B) mixup 50/50 you'll guess right 2/3 of the time. 1/3 of the time they won't GI and will take damage, 2/3 of the time they'll re-GI, missing their re-GI half of that time, getting hit by either one 1/3 of the time.

-doing 3B, 236(B), MST A+B mixup 33/33/33 you'll guess right 2/3 of the time, but now you have 1/3 chance of doing big damage with MST A+B, while being safe if you guess wrong (unless they do stuff like step which complicates things further)

So mixing in MST A+B depends on how they do their post-GI. Really though, most players you'll face will be fixated on one post-GI strategy, which is usually either "always re-GI" or "never re-GI." So that stuff I posted above rarely matters. Just look at what they do and counter it. It's difficult for most players to adapt in the post-GI subgame because it's so startling it elicits a knee-jerk response that's done without thinking.

Back