OmegaDR Wins Final Round 15 in Atlanta!

With 251 entrants, Final Round 15 in Atlanta, Georgia, may have been the largest Soul Calibur tournament on American soil in the history of the series! Huge congratulations to all the placers!

Top 8 are as follows;

1. OmegaDR (Nightmare- Miami)
2. Hawkeye (Natsu- Chicago)
3. Thuggish_Pond (Leixia- Chicago)
4. Wing Zero (Xiba- Atlanta)
5. Sword Lord (Pyrrha/Leixia- Atlanta)
5. Lolo (Yoshimitsu- Mexico City)
7. Dreamkiller (Natsu/Leixia- New York City)
7. EMP KDZ (Astaroth/Seigfried/Maxi- New Jersey)

Great show put on by all here. My mind was blown a couple times there. The Ryujin vs Link fight, crazy mind games. Hawkeye snatching Yoshi out of the air over and over again was nuts. The entire top 16/top 8 was great.

The level that people have reached already is amazing but I know their only getting started.

Wingzero, as a long time Kilik main I've always had respect for your game and you are as solid as ever. One thing though definitely use 3BKK as your go to whiff punisher, I think it would have been a difference maker during a few matches but awesome stuff as always. You've definitely given me more to think about when using Xiba.

Really sweet tournament, congrats to all participants.
I enjoyed the stream as well, only that damn marvel casuals on chat were annoying like shit. So i just switched to full screen at one point.

Funny to see KDZ play Siegfried at the beginning like "i am going to prove to all of you how good he is" lose all his rounds and then be like " fuck it, i am going to play maxi now" and win like a boss.

Also some really great Natsu playing from Hawkeye.

I dont get the bashing on the commentary. Give it time instead of crying meeeh NO HYPE MIMIMIMI.

You are basically blaming guys for not beeing able to do something a few months ago nobody even expected to see. Nor could they really know what people expected from them. Some people actually hate the constant filthierich screaming....

This kind of commentary is quite new actually, Asenka again does this since almost 10 years now...

Now every tournament and their mothers stream stuff, so of course you can not expect them to be on top every time.

I think a MIX of Hype and analysis is the best, something like Husky and Artosis, lol.

Why not make a contest? Take the three finals and people can submit their commentary...community chooses the best.

Final round was amazing. Although next time headphones might be a good investment. Shout out to all the epic casuals I got to play, DK, Phil, Tim, Thuggish Pond, Juan, Shinji, Hates, Nick, Benji, Mick, and Norman.

P.S congrats on winning Final round Norman your name still doesn't suit you at all though. :)

Congrats to Omega for winning Final Round and to everyone who attended. Good to see so many people coming out for SCV.

Commentary for SCV being horrendous? It wasn't that bad. Plus you have a mute button. Plus the majority of people watching SCV were waiting for Marvel to come on, so no matter how amazing the commentary would be, it wouldn't have made much of a difference. But there's nothing stopping someone who didn't like the commentary from flying their ass down to Final Round and getting on the mic themselves. Doing commentary isn't easy.

I'm sure Bibulus and Hates would have preferred to be on the mic with someone who could bring the hype, but at these tournaments, there's alot going on and people are playing matches. It's not like we have someone whose sole job is to do commentary. This ain't eSportsssssss.

Nightmare being top tier? Who's not great in this game, but lets not forget the amount of work that these players put in to get where they're at, especially Omega and Keev who grinded it out for years with low tier characters, or the amount of work Omega put in just to get ready for Final Round. More people need to see how much work these players put in instead of being dismissive.

For many old and new players - TOURNEY RESULTS = TIERS

They all never seem to realize the ability of the player. This aint Marvel where you just need one Combo and one Unblockable set up to win. It requires you to outsmart your opponent more than twice.

Nightmare doesn't outsmart opponents. Players do.

Nightmare did not win Final Round, nor TTT, nor WGC.

Omega Won.

Partisan Won.

Keev Won.

With that said, it seems we need a tier list if people want to play our game. Seems alot of people won't even TOUCH the game, because they want to make sure to invest time in the right character. This is a good thing and bad thing.

Next Tourney I will show you how to be HYPE and INFORMATIVE for Sc Streams.

firstly, congrats to my fucking brother, Norman Sainz, aka Omega fucking DR, kicking asses and showing the meaning of what true level is, and for the old Hilde Players, eerrrmmm....... sorry, sadly there is no more super broken shit for you to spam like SC4's Hilde stupid charges in this game ohh i feel so sad bout that, you can find highly strong chars that even should be nerfed a bit in SCV (Natsu, AlphaPat, Pyrrha, Etc.) but nothing compared with that stupid retarded shit out of sense of spamming charges to 1 Hit RO that Hilde had.
that make me laugh when people that just search for stupid chars to take advantage of em to win in a game got its shit removed, WHERE ARE THE HILDES NOW??? hahahahahahhha.

secondly, greetings to my great fellows Dreamkiller and Lolo, and congrats for both of you, good job.

ESE ES EL NIVEL BILLY COÑO, EL VERDADERO PAWAHHHH THE ESTA SHET Y YA DEJAME IRME A MATAR AL MESS QUE TOY JARTO DE ESCRIBIR, DK AQUI ESTA NANDO QUE VENGA QUE TE TIENE PAR DE FOTOS DE EL EN CALZONSILLOS =D, QUE SAQUEN DEL RING AHORA =D

Norman - Great job taking the tournament. You have always been playing the game at such a high level since I met you in SC3. Keep up the good work!

Chicago - Good job guys! See you at the next gathering at Malcolm's..

-Philip

First at ALL, Congrats to all the placers but specifically to OMEGA who really did his best effort to be ready to tournaments; he spend a lot of hours training and watching matches and studying the game, so no matter the character he was ready and prepared...

Second, the commentary was good all the way, Bibulus, Hates, Jaxel, etc did a good job trying to explain the game and its new mechanics; Filtierich do an awesome job within the HYPE department, while Markman did really good analysis and explanations all the way... Markman said: "Omega is my favorite to win, he was really consistent since his first match in knowledge and technique" and guess WHAT? Omega won and Markman said first.

In third topic, tiers are not game related this time; is "training relate", a lot of people use Leixia and Natsu but most of the players attending were ready to face those characters; only perfect timing, distance management, to take every chance at is fullest, and know how to play in every stage/situation/style is the key to win.

Nightmare is not top tier... is solid mid... as Siegfried, Astaroth, Xiba, Patroklos, Pyrra, Yoshi, Cervantes, Ivy, Tira, Leixia, Raphael, Voldo, etc etc etc...

Sieg is not mid Strkyer but lets not get into that.

Omega felicistaciones, desde q te vi en el line up tenia la seguridad q tu o Lolo iban a ganar, no me tomo por sorpresa. Lamentablemente no pude verte jugar por que tuvimos una actividad aqui en Costa Rica, espero q suban videos pronto. De nuevo te felicito, siempre has sido de los mejores en el mundo y espero q ese DLC de Zasa salga pronto para verte ganar con Zasa y dejen de hablar mierda q ganaste por q NM es top tier.

Great tourney and stream. Personally, I felt RTDs Mitsu was point on and sick. Ive "known" Rob since SC2 (TTT even) and he's always been a solid spacer/turtle player. Just a solid fundamentals guy, and combined with X, he was THE guy to beat. If you could beat Rob, you were top tier. Anyway, watching his Leixa was solid typical Rob, bu his Mitsu had all that plus aggression? Quite sick. I certainly hope Rob sticks with him, I think he could be the top dog again playing Mitsu like that. As a Xiba player, he made a few mistakes that were very avoidable against his match with Wing Zero (I believe the fight that eliminated him) as in aggression at the wrong moments to get CH (which is what Xiba heavily relies on).

The other guy who impressed me a lot was Thuggish Pond. I've heard his name but had never seen him play. IMO, he was the guy who had the best/strongest fundamentals of the game. Made very little technical mistakes and was just spot on with his pokes, judgement and spacing. He's the type of guy who will always place high in majors, if not win them, because of play strength. It's crazy for me to be most impressed by an X player (sorry Leixa) because I hate her with a passion =P He's someone I'd never want to face in a tourney.

Finally, without surprise, mad props to Omega. Just wow man, I remember watching this dudes Zas in SC3 (him and KayzieCD were the most impressive SC3 players IMO) and he here goes pulling the same exact stuff in SCV. Just impeccable spacing and poking. Mad mad props.

No one's trying to take away from OmegaDR's skill or time spent learning and practicing, but let's stop pretending this game is completely balanced. I'm sorry your favorite game that you've waited years for isn't perfect, but crying "nah it's the player skill!" doesn't magically make the game balanced.

Congrats to Omega and all others!!
Zero Alpha Pat,Pyrrha Om,Cerv in TOP8 proves how stupid the ''Tierlist'' is!

Wait. Hold on. Are you implying that Nightmare is TOP TIER?!?!? That he has amazing Frames and can Punish Well and has Big Damage? Because what he really has are Good Setups.

Man so many dumbasses...Can't not post...ugh

Live streams

1 Viewers
xomegathedeityx
xomegathedeityx
relaxing with games while on break from the lab

This week's events

SoulCalibur VI EVO Japan side event
Ariake GYM-EX, Tokyo (Tokyo Big Site)
3-chōme-11-1 Ariake, Koto City, Tokyo 135-0063, Japan

Forum statistics

Threads