Online leavers : something needs to be addressed

Gokudo

[08] Mercenary
Where should i go to say that i m very angry with the actual ranking system.
Every 85% + players that i have encountered is a fucking mother fucker leaver.
Where can i go to address the issue ?

Yeah, you can amputate half of online play which doesn't seem like much of an answer. You can submit a player review on XBL for quitting early. It says that person will be an avoided player but I haven't really had it actually avoid a player. So, just be thankful that your ego is not so fragile that you have to cheat strangers at a video game. I've learned to take rage-quitting as a compliment and sometimes even send the quitter a "Thanks" message. It's worse now than it ever was, but those people will always be pathetic. They won't be able to improve while you take your licks and get better from it. Just be glad you don't spend your time on this game in such stasis.

Yea. It's getting pretty brutal. I had contemplated starting a thread here listing XBL names of everyone who's rage-quit on me. I've loosely been keeping track just for myself so I don't accept matches when I see their names pop back up later. Maybe the community could start some sort of initiative like this where we are keeping track of who not to play on our end.

Yea. It's getting pretty brutal. I had contemplated starting a thread here listing XBL names of everyone who's rage-quit on me. I've loosely been keeping track just for myself so I don't accept matches when I see their names pop back up later. Maybe the community could start some sort of initiative like this where we are keeping track of who not to play on our end.

Listing names doesn't do anything since you can't see the name of the person that you're playing until after the match has been accepted, and people don't pay attention to those lists anyway. Just find people on here who are good and play player matches.

Listing names doesn't do anything since you can't see the name of the person that you're playing until after the match has been accepted, and people don't pay attention to those lists anyway. Just find people on here who are good and play player matches.

You can see their names before you accept when you're in random - but yea, point taken. Maybe it's just a lost cause.

Anyone who plays Online Ranked and looks for higher ranked people isn't going to play Player Matches. Player Matches lack win percentage (a numerical value for so-called "expertise"), and often imply successive matches, where the normal player wants to simply beat a particular opponent once and carve that notch into their shillelagh, never to allow a rematch (that day, anyway).

The person who wants to actually improve their character repertoire and matchup abilities will, eventually, migrate to player matches, either by themselves or through friends, and start building a network of people to play against. Anyone who creates a thread like this is not seeking to move to Player Matches, sadly.

Anyone who plays Online Ranked and looks for higher ranked people isn't going to play Player Matches. Player Matches lack win percentage (a numerical value for so-called "expertise"), and often imply successive matches, where the normal player wants to simply beat a particular opponent once and carve that notch into their shillelagh, never to allow a rematch (that day, anyway).

The person who wants to actually improve their character repertoire and matchup abilities will, eventually, migrate to player matches, either by themselves or through friends, and start building a network of people to play against. Anyone who creates a thread like this is not seeking to move to Player Matches, sadly.

SCV keeps track of your win percentage in player matches also. Plus you don't know for certain what the OP wants to do. We all start from somewhere. Even I started out playing ranked in SC4. It's a gradual process.

Oh, that changes things. I haven't played online yet so that was a horrible assumption on my part. Apologies. In this case, play Player Matches, OP!

85% means prbably you have a closed NAT issue
And YOU should set your console port in DMZ or open scV ports (google that).

The only thing with player matches is the match-ups becomes monotonous. Fighting the same characters by the same user over and over again...Yeah, it's frustrating when someone quits. But you deprived them of all hope of victory so maybe they just saved you some time. You were going to win anyway right?

I usually end up with someone leaving right before I beat them. It's such horse shit, nobody actually wants to play anymore. Everyone just wants to annoy people as much as they can and or not accept the fact that you loose sometimes.

Pretty much whats happened with me. Used to play ranked exclusively on SC4 as you could easily match against the same person numerous times if they wanted to.

Gravitating towards player matches now since I hit A1 and playing ranked defeats the object, my only complaint (if thats what it is) is you constantly have the majority of peoplewho just uses their one main character and they happen to be winning a lot. They don't let go of their 'winner stays on' position so its a mind numbing process of wait a few fights then fight em, maybe win only for them to come around again with same char/tactics.

Of course it's no crime to use one character but goddamn it's fucking boring.

I'm one of those one character users. At least until I'm satisfied with my knowledge of that character. Then, I start adding others in the mix. I'm learning Viola so it's going to be a while before I start adding anyone else...that's why I've been sticking to the Colosseo and Rank. Well, Collosseo until I get a network error, then to rank until a network error, then back to Colosseo. Then bed.

Sounds like..........XBL. I am 193-13 on ranked this happened to me maybe twice.
same...

I got to A5 finally (because i liked the gold tag XD) and met not more than 5 people disconnecting.....
I did disconnect once due to 1,5 second lag but was in coliseum....

Instead met lot of people turning on emule on round 2 if the lost round1 badly.

People that rage quit on me are mostly E rank and some D rank. It seems less people quit out as they get higher since the amount of points you lose for quitting is way more than losing once you hit D rank.

I use to get upset about people quitting but I've gotten use to it. It's funny to see what they have to say if you send them a message afterwards. Even if you say something nice, they are still pretty salty.

Back