Pascuzzi's Blog Posts About Nothing

Didn't expect Shovel Knight to be so popular, but I won't complain. Thanks for looking!
Looks like he's still waiting for word from the NCCA.

They also avoided the horribly accented, sultry, conniving Dragon lady trope which is typical for Chinese women in anime (e.g. Shampoo, Shenhua). Did you know this trope originated from Japanese soldiers' interactions with comfort women in WW2? Fucked up.
Actually, it seems like the NCCA's declining to spend any time on the matter, so it seems things will go forward as planned.
https://instagram.com/p/0_9MvopOQm/

I didn't know that about the dragon lady trope. I'm sure the negative connotations that come along with it come from the Japanese soldiers' accounts, who were their enemy at the time. But, they say stereotypes are based on truth. I would infer that their accounts were so negative because the comfort women were engaged in acts of resistance. Am I far off the mark? If that's true, then that actually sounds quite admirable on the womens' part.
I had no idea she was controversial in the country she's meant to celebrate.
Don't get me wrong; it's not like everyone's up in arms about it. Most people either like it or don't care. It's just that the minority of ultranationalists and overly concerned academicians are particularly vocal.

Some very solid entries from the Judge ! You have been working your CASe allright :)
I did not quite catch all the subtleties on Hamby, now it makes sense with all the design notes.

I'm going to be away from my PS3 for several months, so I thought I'd post my latest CaS before I run out of time.
Pyrrha 3P Justice.jpg

Creation notes:
- Instead of Patroklos' wildcat pelt, I tried something different and went with more of a bird-themed construction. Eye Protectors and a pair of horns on the left shoulder make up the bird head, a helmet ornament on the right shoulder for the tail, and a wing sticker over the back.

- An inverted, bump-mapped star sticker was used as armor plating on both the front of the shirt and each boot.
Pyrrha 3P Shy Gal.jpg

Something of a tribute to the Minus8 design. I made this into a Pyrrha 3P instead of an original because I thought Pyrrha's animations and voice fit well.

Creation notes:
- All special equipment slots were used to make the mask. A Ball blocks out the face, a Heart turned on its front makes both eyes, and a Bolt was used for the mouth.

- A buttoned pocket sticker at max size comprises the belt strap and a denim pocket sticker over that was used for the buckle.

Happy Holidays, everyone! Yes, I'm back with new SC6 CaS, some you may have seen before, some completely new. As it's late here right now, I'll be finishing this post later with write-ups. For now, I'll just post pictures.
Kenji.jpg

This CaS is the latest iteration of my self-insert. Previous versions went by Pascusio, but I thought that name was silly, so I changed it.
- The hand gun is elongated and used here as a scabbard.
Celia.jpg

This CaS is a revisit of one of my favorite designs from SCV.
- A pocket sticker on the Baihu Coat combined with the Ceremonial Sleeves makes a short jacket.
- Two Hand Guns are used here as epaulets on the shoulders.
- A max size, upside-down butterfly sticker adds detail to the otherwise plain front of the coat.
Dr Action MD.jpg

Between SCV and SCVI, I started medical school, and so I wanted to make a variation of my self-insert about that.
- White Brim + dual horns + single horn = stethoscope
- Peep the flag on the back; it's the doctor's prescription pad, full of stereotypically unintelligible handwriting.
Jayanti.jpg

This is my LoS character. One of my favorite things about SC is that it draws from weapons and fighting styles from all over the world. However, SC has never had an Indian character, so with LoS starting in India, I wanted to make a character from that setting.
- A max size, angled pocket sticker on the Chiton is used here to make a sash. Butterfly stickers on the upper body and hip add detailing.
Groh Edgelord.jpg

Yup, he's an edgy anime boi.
- In SCV, I made fedoras with the Fez and Cone. Neither are in VI, so I made due with the Tyrolean Hat and Turtle Shell.
Groh Squall.jpg

Like I said, edgy anime boi. He's one gunblade away from being the next guest character.
Ivy Censored.jpg

This is a revisit of a 3P I made for Elysium in SCVI, though it arguably suits Ivy better.
Mitsurugi Knight.jpg

I enjoy alternate origin 3Ps (e.g. Japanese Siegfried). I still have trouble adding detail to armored designs, so this one is a little on the plain side.
Raphael Brown and Black.jpg

I'm not a fan of Raph's thigh-high boots, so I replace them with the Purge Leggings and Ranging Seas Boots.
- The unpatterned areas of the pants were blocked off with square stickers on both legs and the hips.
Raphael Navy and White.jpg
Raphael Mariachi.jpg

The Strategist's set has been used in such themes as pirate, etc., but it turns out it can do mariachi just as well!
- In SCV, I made a sombrero with a tall hat and the Turtle Shell. That hat isn't in SCVI, so I used the Tyrolean Hat instead.
Raphael Christmas edited 122718.jpg

What can I say? I fuck with Christmas heavy. Most wonderful time of the year, all years.
- The sword's shape kind of reminds me of a Christmas tree, so I colored it green.
Saucealamel.jpg

This might have been my entry in the Zasalamel round of the one-shot contest. In this design, Zasalamel is reincarnated in the modern day as a college student working part-time as pizza (SAUCEalamel? get it?) delivery to support her studies. She's working on publishing a thesis about Soul Edge and Soul Calibur.
- A max size, upside-down pocket sticker allows color sectioning on the White Shirt.
- Leopard print on the Katzbalger shield turns the shield into a pepperoni pizza.
Sophitia Justice.jpg

Patroklos became my main in SCV, but now that he isn't around, I have to get my pompous, elitist douchebag jollies elsewhere.
- The multi-width stripe pattern is used on the pants, then squares on both legs and the hip block off the unpatterned areas.
Sophitia Mario.jpg

Sophitia is arguably the best character to use to learn the fundamentals of SC. Since Mario fills that role for Smash, I thought it would be fitting to have her cosplay.
- Cyclone Hat + White Brim = baseball cap
- The sword is colored gold as an allusion to a star, while the shield makes reference to a koopa shell.
Talim Maharlika.jpg

Originally, the Filipino term "Maharlika" referred to the vassal warrior class, but in modern parlance has come to mean royalty, nobility, and the upper class. With this design, I drew from elements of Filipino dress during the Spanish colonial period, specifically the light pastel colors, lacy, airy textures, and the use of the shawl. See the spoiler below for an example.
La_Bulaquena_by_Juan_Luna.jpg
- When I got the idea for this design, I thought of flowers or plants caught in a whirlwind, so I used that pattern on the dress and ribbons.
- The blue portion of the snowflake pattern can be color-matched to skin to approximate lace. This is seen here on the Zephyr sleeves.
- In SCV, I made fans with the Cogwheel and a helmet ornament; that specific helmet ornament isn't in SCVI, so I used a White Brim on its own instead.
Talim Platelet.jpg

I'm not actually specifically fond of loli, but as a med student, I am a fan of Hataraku Saibou/Cells at work, including the Platelets. It logically follows that I would make the loli cosplay the loli.
- Cyclone Hat + White Brim = baseball cap
- Thief's Belt + Hand Gun = messenger bag
- The yellow flag on the back is her caution flag, which she can be seen waving in the anime.
Xianghua Christmas edited 122718.jpg

I'm honestly the type of guy who would put Christmas trees in every room of the house during ANY time of year.
- I find that the blades of the weapons in SCVI mostly aren't patternable, so it's kind of difficult to add significant detail to them. Fortunately, the Sapara is an exception. The shape kind of reminded me of a candy cane, so I gave it the red-and-white stripes.
...and that should do it for this post. Nothing more to follow. Thanks for viewing!
Captain Fabulous.jpg

Ladies, gentlemen, and everyone else, your captain has returned! I suppose I can't make a comeback post without including the good captain.
- The leaf-and-roses stripe pattern on the boots is sectioned off by square stickers placed by projection to cover the toes and by rotation to cover everywhere else.

Attachments

• Raphael Christmas.jpg
    Raphael Christmas.jpg
    301.2 KB · Views: 207
  • Xianghua Christmas.jpg
    Xianghua Christmas.jpg
    385 KB · Views: 202
Last edited:
A fantastic SC6 gallery there friend, loved every bit of it! Favorites of mine are all of Raph's palettes, Knight Mitsu, Sophie's Patroklos 1P, Jayanti, Ivy and Xmas Xianghua, simple designs but awesome nonetheless :)
A question, if I may? Was Kenji inspired by Pascusio? They look similar.

By the way, Pascusio is one of the few of your designs I've seen from your 5 gallery, I have to find some time to check out the rest 'cause I've heard great comments about you and your work from many here! :D

Was Kenji inspired by Pascusio? They look similar.
I used to call my self-insert CaS Pascusio, but I think that's kind of a silly name now, so I changed it to Kenji. Kenji is the latest iteration of that CaS.

Anyway, I'm glad you enjoy my work! Please feel free to browse the rest of the thread at your leisure. You'll find that I explain the more technical parts of my designs in order to contribute knowledge here-and-there to the CaS community. Speaking of, I updated my latest post with said technical write-ups for each CaS, so check that out if you like!

I used to call my self-insert CaS Pascusio, but I think that's kind of a silly name now, so I changed it to Kenji. Kenji is the latest iteration of that CaS.

Anyway, I'm glad you enjoy my work! Please feel free to browse the rest of the thread at your leisure. You'll find that I explain the more technical parts of my designs in order to contribute knowledge here-and-there to the CaS community. Speaking of, I updated my latest post with said technical write-ups for each CaS, so check that out if you like!
Haha yes, Kenji sounds a tad better.

That sounds great! If you don't mind, I'll be noting down your write-ups somewhere, they'll surely be useful for when/if I get SC6. And I'll be sure to check out the rest as well! :)

I've been wondering, is that SCII Nightmare's Wooden Oar on your profile pic? If I know my history well, it's a reference to Musashi Miyamoto's duel with another fella at an island. He fashioned the oar from the boat in which he arrived there as a weapon.

I've been wondering, is that SCII Nightmare's Wooden Oar on your profile pic? If I know my history well, it's a reference to Musashi Miyamoto's duel with another fella at an island. He fashioned the oar from the boat in which he arrived there as a weapon.
Yeah, those are both true. I just miss it and the other joke weapons from SCII. Some of them had neat sound effects on hit, too; the wooden oar specifically made ocean noises.

Yeah, those are both true. I just miss it and the other joke weapons from SCII. Some of them had neat sound effects on hit, too; the wooden oar specifically made ocean noises.
Nostalgic feels right now, I'd definitely play SCII again on the spot, such a great game it was, I remember I spend hours on II's Weapon Master and III's CotS.
What a great childhood, and what wouldn't I give to relive those days :)

Hello, friends! Hope this year's end has been kind to you! Tonight, I have two originals and an addition to my holiday suite. You'll notice that the originals follow the theme of the elements or natural phenomena. It's a favorite theme of mine, so I may or may not make more CaS in the same vein. It depends on whether or not I can think of something I might actually like using. Happy viewing!
Yugen.jpg

Yuugen (n., Japanese) - a profound awareness of the universe that triggers emotional responses too deep for words.

Even though I'm training in a scientific field other than astronomy and physics, I've been deeply fascinated by those subjects ever since I was young. Different concepts from those fields were in my mind as I was designing this CaS. You might consider this a revision of one of my SCV designs, though I actually like making these kinds of ghostly designs.
- One thing that might strike you as an odd choice is the goat feet. One reason I chose them is for their shape: I thought it would be good to give the lower limbs a wispy shape. The other reason is that I sorely wanted to use fuzzy textures on the body to give it a more ghostly, deep appearance with undefined borders.
- I was trying to incorporate some kind of asymmetry into this design, but I couldn't really think of anything I liked other than the stola. Admittedly, they don't work too well since they're symmetrical in shape, but they can at least be colored differently. Here, I color them to represent the concepts of spacetime and energy.
Sprezzatura.jpg

Sprezzatura (n., Italian) - studied nonchalance; the ability to make one's actions seem effortless or to disguise one's true desire, feeling, or meaning.

I've been playing a lot of Xianghua recently; inspiration for this design came from her CE, which has a lot of water animations associated with it. I wish I could show you what this design looks like performing the CE, but I'm having trouble posting gifs.
- I colored her skin with max size square stickers. However, if you're observant, you'll notice some irregular, patchy discolorations throughout her exposed skin. These are from the last dirt sticker, which I placed under the square stickers. Having them placed under other stickers tones its effect down; were they layered above, the patchy discoloration would be less subtle, which I was trying to avoid.
Christmas Fabulous.jpg

The holidays aren't over yet! He still waits under the mistletoe...
- The Santa Hat is composed of a Tyrolean Hat, Heart, and Apple.

Paz your xmas suite is hilariously good and i like your take on xmas hat...interesting spez too, first one a bit hard 2 read but i like the story behind it. I am very much into astrophysics myself , i find it fascinating and wrote several space op novelettes with scientific background or should i say backdrop...and you are probably right, my english isn't as stellar as i'd like but still way better than my greek :) know about hb189733b ?

Sprezza is one of the best CaS I've ever seen, it has my favorite colors, theme and patterns. Yuugen is also very well-done, the ideas and concepts behind this design of yours are very interesting and intriguing. And, I can see why you chose the goat legs. Aside from the two reasons you mentioned, it also represents how space, in its entirety, can take many forms, but it can also be formless, seamless and without bounds, if I'm not mistaken or far off. :)

know about hb189733b ?
I had to look it up just now, to be honest. A planet where it rains glass...I bet the sunrises, sunsets, and rainbows are amazing, but it probably isn't a pleasant place to live!
Trippy but I like your water elemental.
I shore am glad to sea that you are shrimpressed by Sprezzatura!
space, in its entirety, can take many forms, but it can also be formless, seamless and without bounds
That's a good point. Rather, the scale of the universe is so vast that we may never really fully understand it. Nevermind that it would still take us forever to travel any astronomically significant distance even if we were to travel at the speed of light. Our experience as human beings is limited to three dimensions of space and one dimension of time, but string theory predicts AT LEAST TEN dimensions of space. Perhaps I'm too simple-minded, but it boggles my mind to think about how one would prove that scientifically, much less whether or not people will advance to a stage where we can directly perceive these additional dimensions. Assuming we get there, will we be satisfied or unsettled by what we find? That's what I was thinking about when I was designing Yuugen.

Kenji: Awesome military-style CaS. Very dashing. I like the custom scabbard. However, you’re still using the Filipino colors, so “Kenji” sounds kinda strange. Unless there’s it’s a common name in Tagalog.

Celia: Love them custom epaulettes. When you’re using white as the default color, the pocket sticker’s weird border disappears.

Dr. Action: Nice find with the stethoscope!

Jayanti: Still my favorite character of the batch. Especially those bold colors. I should brighten up my own creations a bit.

Edgelord: Reminds me of your fisherman character from way back in the day. Oh god, the neckbeard, ponytail, and fedora is real. The tacky flame stickers for extra win.

Censored Ivy: Haha. In perfect alignment with her character too. I personally never found Ivy attractive for whatever reason. Proly cuz I like to do the dominating :P

Mitsu: Classic knight design. Very much like Fire Emblem.

Saucealamel: Damn. That pepperoni pizza.

Justice Sophitia: Very faithful to the original design. You might actually be able to make a decent lynx/cat with SpecEq though.

Mario: Actually best way to learn Smash is nailing Melee Fox’s drill shine infinite.

Maharlika Talim: Really pretty. The pink and green look great together. I also really like how you took elements of traditional Filipino attire for a unique look.

Platelet: Nice custom hat!

Biker Cpt. Fab: Just like what you’d see at the NY pride parades. Terrifying.

Yuugen: Inspired by your Soul character from back in the day. I like the concept, but I would have liked it more if you brought elements of the previous design here, like the ghostly white robe and the custom eye. The cosmic angle here is pretty cool, and you can play it up more by giving some more structure to the body. Like a ghostly set of ribs, skull, etc.

Sprezzatura: Lovin’ the strong water theme. Tira’s shawl thing actually looks like splashing water. I guess the only thing I’d add is some color on the shoes to match the shawl and the bra.

Christmas Fab: Very sexy hat and exposed back.

I can’t wait to see whatever new sidearms or crazy constructions you come up with next!

Back