Patroklos Match Up Discussion

Are you on PSN? Can you upload some replays to Youtube?

Some videos would help diagnose your troubles.

I play on the XBOX360... but I'd love to figure out how to record and upload gameplay. I just cant afford a video camera right now, but I want one. I really could show you some injustices that would turn you white.

Pats 236B is i15 so any move -14 or lower on block will recover fast enough to block it every time. Without more specific scenarios that's all I can really say.

so what your saying is that I should be using the A, AA, and 3K obnoxiously. But what I still don't get is, if I'm already landing my attack, what does it matter how fast my opponents attack is? Im just puzzled about the fact that no matter were they seem to be in their attack, they always seem to be blocking.

so what your saying is that I should be using the A, AA, and 3K obnoxiously. But what I still don't get is, if I'm already landing my attack, what does it matter how fast my opponents attack is? Im just puzzled about the fact that no matter were they seem to be in their attack, they always seem to be blocking.
No I'm saying that if your opponents standing attack isn't at least -15 on block then you will never land 236B after you block it. If opponents are blocking too much then you always have grabs to discourage that.

If opponents are blocking too much then you always have grabs to discourage that.

ah yes, which leads to another issue I notice. When I use an NC and it gets guarded I end up right their for them to grab me, or attempt to grab, -that i can pretty much telegraph. that's not the problem. The problem is when I block their NC they always seem to end up just conveniently out of range of my grab. How do you make that space coming off a combo that's just been blocked?

How do you make that space coming off a combo that's just been blocked?
You have to step forward (6) or run forward (6[6]) and grab.

That's dependent on your opponent hesitating. If they attack you'll probably get hit, as moving forward eats up your advantage frames.

1K has a little more range than a grab. Are they out of 1K range, too?

I have trouble using 1K because even though its a low hit, people seem to block while standing. or maybe the recovery is so fast it doesn't seem to faze. On the Frame Data there is the GB column, which I'm assuming means Guard Break, do those numbers have to do with the guard burst?

I have trouble using 1K because even though its a low hit, people seem to block while standing.
?

You can't block 1K if you're standing, you have to crouch and block it. 1K should damage them right through their guard.
If they are ducking you can use BB/3B/1B instead.

or maybe the recovery is so fast it doesn't seem to faze.
It only gives +2. You are supposed to attack immediately after landing it.

On the Frame Data there is the GB column, which I'm assuming means Guard Break, do those numbers have to do with the guard burst?
Yes, a number under GB means that if you do that move that number of times (and the opponent blocks it), their guard will burst.

Missed this, for some strange reason... it seems obvious when I look at it, but I didn't realize it before???

vs Astaroth's 3KA, you can block the 3K and immediately 236B. You'll duck under the high and interrupt the charged mid. (If you can JF 236B for more range, that'd be best, as nothing will happen if you're too far away, or you'll get hit by the mid when you whiff.)

Of course, if Astaroth just does 3K and you 236B in response, you're on your own.

That would be interrupted by the charged A, I believe. I haven't tested that in particular, but 3B is the same speed and lost to the charged A.
Yeah you're right I didn't realize charged A turned into a mid

EDIT: It looks like if he 3Ks you on block at max range, Patroklos gets pushed back out of Astaroth's A follow up. If he continues the sting you can get an A+B

?
It only gives +2. You are supposed to attack immediately after landing it.
I read that 1B works well right after a 1k. But sometimes the 1k isn't effective enough and they attack right through it. what are some other good follow ups?

So what's the most effective technique to overcome being stunned? Some matches i find myself flashing yellow and helpless round after round, Usually against Astaroths and Nightmares; but really it could be anyone. For instance, when I play mirrored matches, Patroklos catches me a lot with the 66B+K, 236B BE. Now I use this combo myself here and there; I'm pretty good with it. But when I do it, people seem to be conscious enough to escape. When it gets done to me, my Patroklos is like unresponsive. I just can't escape the hits. What's the trick?

What's the trick?
Stuns usually can't be escaped in this game. In rare instances, like Mitsurugi's CH 3A, you just hold G to "escape" though you're still at heavy disadvantage.

66B+K (assuming you've hit it off of 66B?), 236B BE is a guaranteed combo. Describe how people are escaping it, at what point does it go wrong? What happens exactly?

66B+K (assuming you've hit it off of 66B?), 236B BE is a guaranteed combo. Describe how people are escaping it, at what point does it go wrong? What happens exactly?

well, I've seen things happen at all different stages. I've had a Mitsurugi stand right up into guard after being grounded and block my 236B. But now you got me thinking because i'm not sure if it was after a 66B or 6BBB or maybe even something else. Also, a lot of times on 66B+K they will maneuver around at the launch causing my 236B to whiff or at least air control causing my BE to whiff.

I know there's something to it because when ever I have a collision with someone, and it happens often, they manage to get to their feet quicker than me.. What are they doing with the controls?

Sometimes hitting off axis with 66B makes 66B+K do a weird hit where they don't get hit by the second attack. Or if they ukemi into guard its usually due to you not imputing 66B+K fast enough. Its guaranteed usually outside of glitches or slow input. I've never seen someone get up and block 236B though so it may just be slow inputs

I know there's something to it because when ever I have a collision with someone, and it happens often, they manage to get to their feet quicker than me.. What are they doing with the controls?
Probably teching (tech roll, ukemi). Tapping G and a direction immediately after being knocked down.

66B+K's launch shouldn't be air controllable...

This really would be easier to diagnose with some video...

Back