Patroklos Match Up Discussion

I think what may be happening is after 66B hits, the opponent techs and gets hit by another 66B, which causes the stun to be voided and the 66B+K followup to not work.

I've never seen someone get up and block 236B though so it may just be slow inputs

I play on-line so it's very possible. Which was pretty much my above point: some people are getting to their feet and blocking, before I can input an easy 66B+K. That's some pretty quick recovery.

Probably teching (tech roll, ukemi). Tapping G and a direction immediately after being knocked down.

That may be it. I'll try that.

66B+K's launch shouldn't be air controllable...
This really would be easier to diagnose with some video...

I'm only trying to remember now. who it was against. It could have just been the CPU [in that case all logic goes out the window], but I'm almost sure it was an online opponent. I fought a lot of matches. I can't remember.

I may get that recorder device, it just depends on how important it is to me to prove that I'm not crazy.

Near walls the axis of 66B+K gets shifted sometimes. I've had the second flip completely whiff on me, so I've seen in happen.

I really like using Pat, but I'm not good with him. I have to play him differently than any other character I play. The matchup that makes me pull my hair out is Omega. This one's got me by the balls.

I thought the Sieg/NM VS Omega matchup was bad, but somehow this feels a lot worse, mostly because as opposed to Sieg/Nm I HAVE to play in her range this time. Pat's grab range is horseshit too.

I know he isn't low tier, I just need to step up my game.

Maxi's profile updated.

Punishing RC AB with CE is something I haven't thought of until now (I wonder why...)
Punishing 6A with CE sounds brutal, but I bet it's very hard to actually pull off.

Punishing 6A with CE sounds brutal, but I bet it's very hard to actually pull off.
Interesting. I hadn't considered that Pat's CE tracks to the same direction RO AK tech steps.

It's a pity that isn't true for WR B+K though. A+B gives Pat a pretty good answer to that as well though. Mmmh, this matchup.

hello thread, here are some things i have trouble with, maybe someone knows: against a grabbing CE (eg. Ivy, Astaroth) is it better to crouch or grab break and is it the B+G or A+G grab. Also, what are we supposed to do when Ivy does her Unblockable whip? My best guess is to run in and hit her, but I'm always too far out of range. I did manage to 8B+K once, but I got lucky

hello thread, here are some things i have trouble with, maybe someone knows: against a grabbing CE (eg. Ivy, Astaroth) is it better to crouch or grab break and is it the B+G or A+G grab. Also, what are we supposed to do when Ivy does her Unblockable whip? My best guess is to run in and hit her, but I'm always too far out of range. I did manage to 8B+K once, but I got lucky
with pat, most times that unblockable won't be so far away that you couldn't 66b Ivy. Not so sure about the CE, I usually duck and punish

I swear I duck that CE(Ivy's) and it grabs me, same with Asta. With her UB whip I either get scared and take it like a man(NOT recommended) or mash BB/AA. I'm really bad against Ivy and recently found out even worse against Asta too. lol

You can't break or react to a grabbing CE, you have to duck in advance or it grabs you so yeah....duck in anticipation. When she does her unblockable whip mid (she has a few others which you can duck or whatever), you have three options: Hit her, back up out of its range or JG. If you fail to do any of them, you get hit by it.

hello forum

here's my list: I don't expect someone to anwser all of these. Pick which ever one you know.

how to stop Leixia's GB stun combos,
-same thing with Hilde,
-what to do about Viola's never ending combos,
-and I'm really having trouble with a Natsu who loves to do the UB ground strike, a lot
i mean really loves it. I know to ukemi back, but what if she chases along the floor
and keeps doing it over and over and over, like its the only move she knows?
-Also Nightmare's BE where he charges in and scoops you up when you're down,
I can't seem to roll any which way to get away from that.
-and one Patroklos question how to evade the 66BK, I'm a good Patroklos, I've beaten many Patroklos',
but ironically they all know how to evade the 66BK, and I don't.

that's it for now -thanks

hello forum; Ima Bitch!
1. Lol At Lexia And Hit Her.
2. See Above.
3. Man Up And Jump It.
4. Mash G And Tech. Unless In A Combo. Then Play Dead And Let Scaling Do Work.
5. You Mean 66B+K? After 6BBB Or 66B Its A Combo. Who Would Just Throw It Out? Unless You Played BBB. That Guy Throws Out Random Ass Moves Like I Throw Out 18 Year Old Girl Over The Dam.
6. Stop Being A Bitch.

And Lol The Pat MU Guide. "Whiff Punish" Is On Everything.

Thanks for that eloquent reply.

1. I'll keep trying to strike into Leixia, but she's fast and her GBs overpower my hits.
and Hilde's got that range.. too bad Pats [2]B+K whiffs on everything that's not laying completely still.
and any of the 66s are too slow.
2. Jumping is a good tip for Natsu, but doesn't help me when I'm already grounded, she chases me on the floor and wont let me up.
3. Is mashing G the key to a quick recovery? cause I have to work on that.
4. LOL how did you know that I use the bitch? I always fight with a chick version of Pat (he's hotter that way)
idk who BBB is, but I fight the same way. Memorized combos are for children with cheat codes.
TEKKEN bores me too tears because of that. People who fight me, never know what they're going to get hit with. Intuitive, that's the way real fighting works.
too bad NAMCO can't figure that out.

This Is Why You're Bad.

I didn't say I was bad. I'm not perfect. I beat 9 out of 10 people i play. with this knowledge I will beat them all, my way. Of course I hit combos, you have to do something.. but never the same thing twice in one match.. We're talking about thousands of matches.. I don't know how you do it.
You probably don't live by me.. but if you did, I have some paint drying I'd like you to watch.

Back