Patroklos Q&A/Discussion Thread

Doing directions (rotating either d pad or analog) does give you extra damage.

In my opinion though the most consistent way of getting it is mashing all directions while mashing A, B, G, K

Pretty sure it doesnt...

Then again Ive never tested doing the throw and only rotating the stick...

The guide clearly says mash to increase damage rotate to decrease if getting thrown.

Pretty sure it doesnt...

Then again Ive never tested doing the throw and only rotating the stick...

The guide clearly says mash to increase damage rotate to decrease if getting thrown.

if you are talking about 66B+G throw....yes....doing fast circular motions like 23698741.....etc.....alone will give you extra damage, if you mash buttons the animation of the knee hits will go faster.

if you are talking about 66B+G throw....yes....doing fast circular motions like 23698741.....etc.....alone will give you extra damage, if you mash buttons the animation of the knee hits will go faster.

I think you guys are high... but Ill check ;)

I did some "soul searching" the past couple of weeks. (Ha, ha, get it?)

Patroklos is very strong. Much stronger than I previously thought he was.
The brilliance lies under the surface. Definite upper-mid.

Do not sleep on this kid...
haha same here except replace "soul searching" with "getting ass kicked by Xeph online"

Been looking into high crush frame data. Weak start, but I can see that any move that is -6 or less on block (-6 example is 66A, closing the gap), B+K will duck quick enough to crush any high I've ran across, yet. Awesome damage and can CE afterwards to extend ring out range.

Kinda slacking due to a lot of the game surge that came in the past weeks. ugh then RE raccoon city and Tales of graces and.... ninja gaiden 3... le sigh..........

Would be pretty sweet if Patroklos got a couple "buffs" (even if small) in the upcoming patch. I do feel he's decently solid now, but certain things like giving 66B+K a better hitbox to always land post 66B would be nice. While that's more of a fix, maybe a neat buff would be to make WR K, A safe. Muhahaha.

Kinda slacking due to a lot of the game surge that came in the past weeks. ugh then RE raccoon city and Tales of graces and.... ninja gaiden 3... le sigh..........
Eheheh.

Patroklos is at real danger of getting spaced out... doing the punishment lists I've noticed multiple instances where unsafe moves used at tip range against Patroklos means he can't do anything.

Feels like you're always holding forward. Always playing catch-up. Can't be content to hang back and 66B whiff punish, that just makes you really linear. Something you have to get used to.

I don't like that he gets mediocre stuff off of -14. I don't like that CE sometimes isn't an appropriate punish for -14.

Balance, huh.

He's damn good if you can just get on the inside though. Sometimes it's paralyzing because he has so many options on the inside that it's like "What do I do now?"

GI sniping and initiating GI wars seems like his true power.

btw guys, have you noticed that Patroklos throws dont work on Nightmare ^_^
I mean hitbox is so strange throws wiff unless you're at closest range possible. A few pixels off throws pass right through NM's body.

I have come here a couple times to see what you guys have to offer. I like pat and so I learned him on my own no vids no nothing....I thought he sucked then my mind has recently changed.

The reason I picked him up is because I turtle. I play NM, I play Raph, and Algol...I really liked the concept of playing a rushdown character that had the Yun Seong type arrogance. I loved him against characters like NM, but then I was kind of lost against faster characters like Natsu. Because usually I space and runaway from such bitches. But with pat I have to get in and compete with their speed. I thought that was awkward.

However, pat is legit. I like rushing people down and instilling fear in them... I like bitch slapping their step and highs with 236AB.

I like that with pat you have to make a commitment and stick with it. This character has helped me mentally than no other character has. With pat you have stand your fucking ground and grow some balls. You have to press forward not backwards. (I play guile)

If you don't step up you can't force any mixups, your throws won't reach, you lows won't either. I don't really know about his tier placement nor do I relatively care. He's a good character that teaches you good fundamentals.

If I wanted a buff, it would be his shitty left sidestep, dude can't step that side for shit.

btw guys, have you noticed that Patroklos throws dont work on Nightmare ^_^
I mean hitbox is so strange throws wiff unless you're at closest range possible. A few pixels off throws pass right through NM's body.
that's true. it happens at wall too sometimes, gettin' me crazy :/. it's like the game wants to say me to use less throws lol

Patroklos seems to have some small buffs. B+K launches higher, 66B, 66B+K supposed to hit more often.

66B+G from 75 to 65 but most good players mash out anyway.

Not bad at all.

Im happy hes not changing much. I think hes a pretty ballenced character. His range kinda sucks but its not that big of a deal and hed probably be OP if he had longer range.

66b+g is not that nerf, i always considered a+g throw the best pat throw on open space(not at wall or for ro obviously)
b+k seems very interesting, maybe now ce will always connect and maybe we can combo with 66a+b or jsb or similar too. 66b+k was necessary, it's crazy sometimes you're about to win and you whiff it :/. the only thing i'll adjust more is 6bbb hitting in ch always not randomly like now :/

It will be interesting to see if the fix for 66B+K caused any unintended buffs. It may tech trap now or something if it's hit box is improved.

Wasn't expecting the buff to B+K might give me more cause to use it. Since the CE combo does so much damage, I wonder what damage we might be able to get off any new followups.

Anyway can't wait to see how the other characters changes affect Pat, normally I'm not for such early patches but this game had obvious issues that needed to be addressed.

Ya im glad with the patch in terms of Pats game. For example I could NEVER connect B+K, CE on Pyrrah. Granted I didn't really try much except in actual battles but I always considered it char specific and only pulled it out on large characters.

I doubt they will make anything else connect off of B+K though. An almost safe, ridiculously TC'ing, MID for 60+ damage is already great as is. Plus it has a great push-back and GB damage. If anything else connects it'll be OP.

Back