Patroklos Video Thread

http://8wayrun.com/media/【tougeki2012-preliminary-match-strike-in-gcp-scⅤ】cruna-ruka-pa-vs-ichikawa-mordock-ti.4698/

Pretty standard stuff from my perspective, the other guy got the %^&* rushed out of him. Lands a nice wrA+B in there.

I will have to test 3B, 236B BE, 3B sometime.

One game, single-elimination is still nuts to me. I don't like that at all...

3B, 236B BE, 3B works? Gonna test that later once I get home.

Anyway, good match awesome bulldogging...

Tested it... Character specific. Seems to work after 3B_33B_66B+K.

Only works on Tira, ZWEI, Dampierre, and Astaroth. Unescapable as far as I know, 3B is too fast.

Around 85-86 DMG, 92 with Clean Hit. In these 4 matchups it'll serve the purpose of increasing Pat's damage output, he can just spend half a bar for 86 instead of a full bar for 95.

You give up the backturned oki from CE but honestly it is not that great, I have been hit out of CE oki before.

I will repost in the combo topic.

Videos still trickling in from Tougeki preliminaries. Black Hand Crna Ruka and Uzu once again.

Crna Ruka has a... gift? for landing wrA+B. I've been trying for a little while, but I can't do it smoothly like he does. I have to wonder if he is premeditating his ducks into wrA+B and not doing it on reaction or something. Maybe?

Here it is used as anti-step. Really, it is not bad when compared to 236AB. I guess I should continue to experiment with it.

I saw walk back (hold 4), 44A a couple of times. Guess I'd have to try it myself, I don't know how effective that could be since 44A has short range... Maybe up close only.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good to see you're running sets.

3B, 236B BE, 3B is 100% guaranteed on ZWEI. Makes meter management a little easier.

Lotta people say ZWEI is crap but I still have some difficulty even after studying the matchup. Dunno who's right...

---

I hate A:6. That is all.

Good to see you're running sets.

3B, 236B BE, 3B is 100% guaranteed on ZWEI. Makes meter management a little easier.

Lotta people say ZWEI is crap but I still have some difficulty even after studying the matchup. Dunno who's right...

People say he's bad because his frames are bad even with EIN but I don't think he's as crap as people say. I've probably played over 100 games against that ZWEI and I still find it hard to stop his pressure sometimes, TC moves help avoid EIN a bit though. I will say that if we ever get a patch, ZWEI is one incorrect buff from being broken imo.

Last edited by a moderator:
People say he's bad because his frames are bad even with EIN but I don't think he's as crap as people say. I've probably played over 100 games against that ZWEI and I still find it hard to stop his pressure sometimes, TC moves help avoid EIN a bit though. I will say that if we ever get a patch, ZWEI is one incorrect buff from being broken imo.
As he is, Zwei has a lot of H's in his strings and he's fairly slow. Zwei has a ton of trouble getting someone off once they get in his face.

I have always had trouble with measuring the damage of his attacks...like which combo would be the most effective in terms of taking off health and breaking guards etc. it seems as if it varies depending on when and where you hit...here are a few vids of me playing and showing what im trying to get at...
at 1:07 I do a combo 6BBB, 66B+K, 1BBB, 236K....i always feel as if it doesnt do as much damage as shorter combos.

i know i most definitely lost here...but it was a good match regardless. Only question i have in terms of this match is: Is Patroklos' 6B(delay)BB a easy opening for the enemy to get damage in or is it useful for fooling your opponent?

I've merged your topic into the videos thread. Please put your future uploads here, thanks.

I have always had trouble with measuring the damage of his attacks...like which combo would be the most effective in terms of taking off health and breaking guards etc. it seems as if it varies depending on when and where you hit...here are a few vids of me playing and showing what im trying to get at...
at 1:07 I do a combo 6BBB, 66B+K, 1BBB, 236K....i always feel as if it doesnt do as much damage as shorter combos.
It does- 102 damage- but it's a waste, it's meter-inefficient. If you cut the 1B BE out, you get 92 damage. That means you spent a Brave Edge on 10 damage. That's not good.

Here is the combo topic, along with damage values.

http://8wayrun.com/threads/patroklos-combo-tech-trap-list.12641/

i know i most definitely lost here...but it was a good match regardless. Only question i have in terms of this match is: Is Patroklos' 6B(delay)BB a easy opening for the enemy to get damage in or is it useful for fooling your opponent?
Depends on who you're fighting. Some people can duck the second hit and punish every time. Some won't punish 6BBB at all even if they block the whole thing.

Use gimmicks freely, but stop using them on someone (and just that person) if they don't work.

Anyway, if you're CH fishing, you should be doing 6BB(delay)B instead. If you delay between the first and second hits, that's not hit-confirmable.

I've merged your topic into the videos thread. Please put your future uploads here, thanks.

It does- 102 damage- but it's a waste, it's meter-inefficient. If you cut the 1B BE out, you get 92 damage. That means you spent a Brave Edge on 10 damage. That's not good.

Here is the combo topic, along with damage values.

http://8wayrun.com/threads/patroklos-combo-tech-trap-list.12641/

Depends on who you're fighting. Some people can duck the second hit and punish every time. Some won't punish 6BBB at all even if they block the whole thing.

Use gimmicks freely, but stop using them on someone (and just that person) if they don't work.

Anyway, if you're CH fishing, you should be doing 6BB(delay)B instead. If you delay between the first and second hits, that's not hit-confirmable.

Thank you i didnt see this video thread.

Ahh well dang i guess its not as useful as i thought then.
And the you are right about who i can do the delay against.....it just depends. lol i tend to "mistakenly" keep using the delay tactic on people who know the delay....idk y either.

question tho...what if i use B+K to launch the opponent and connect BB as a small combo and incorporate a CE at the end would you think after the second hit they'd be able to move away or no? ....ive done it on the cpu at times but never tried it on an actual human player.

question tho...what if i use B+K to launch the opponent and connect BB as a small combo and incorporate a CE at the end would you think after the second hit they'd be able to move away or no? ....ive done it on the cpu at times but never tried it on an actual human player.
Do you know how to use training mode?

You can do two things to test combos:

1) Set the opponent to:

Movement 1 Stand Normal
Movement 2 Stand All Guard

Set the Aerial Control settings to Back, or Left, or Right. Stress test combos to make sure that they work in multiple situations.

2) Pick Patroklos vs Patroklos. (A mirror match.)

Use the record function, and record yourself doing the combo. Play it back and get hit by it, then try to escape.

If you can escape, that means it probably won't work on real people.

Do you know how to use training mode?

You can do two things to test combos:

1) Set the opponent to:

Movement 1 Stand Normal
Movement 2 Stand All Guard

Set the Aerial Control settings to Back, or Left, or Right. Stress test combos to make sure that they work in multiple situations.

2) Pick Patroklos vs Patroklos. (A mirror match.)

Use the record function, and record yourself doing the combo. Play it back and get hit by it, then try to escape.

If you can escape, that means it probably won't work on real people.
i guess i sound somewhat new when asking that question.......the mirror match seems like what i need to do.

Here's a few videos of me playing at jaxeldome.

me vs bibulus. for some reason he picks edgemaster. i also test out my asta first game. turns out i can only get away with online bulshit with him really lol

me getting my ass kicked by thermidor. anyone have any tips on this matchup?

me vs jaxel. pretty solid set

me vs jjj. also any tips on how to approach mitsu?

Nice use of 4K. You've been representing since day one though, I think.

me getting my ass kicked by thermidor. anyone have any tips on this matchup?
Block and punish. 236AB will go right through NSS and GS transitions, like wrB~NSS. (If Nightmare is in stance, 236AB is your go-to move. Try it out.)

Part of it is also unique to Thermidor. He plays real aggro, and you were coming in too and clashing. Let him come to you.

Um, off 66B+G, instead of using 3K, how about 2K? Usually has the same effect, and if they stay on the ground it still works. If they start blocking low you get free mixups.

me vs jjj. also any tips on how to approach mitsu?
Like porcupines mating.

V-e-r-y-c-a-r-e-f-u-l-l-y.

um, JJJ seemed pretty solid. You might have missed a few opportunities to duck and punish MST KB, that's 50-100 damage for you if you get the punish.

You can't really have an answer to mixups all the time. I think you maybe needed more 1K, try to "play your game" instead of "playing his game".

You can't be too passive against Mitsu. Trust me, I know from experience ._.

Back