Patroklos Video Thread

Angry Wu, tacos on the line, America's Hero, diversify yo bonds.

I've been thinking about this for some time now. Even at the World Championship people were making rookie mistakes... Not because of lack of prowess, I would think, but because of the environment...

I've been focusing on how good characters are when played at their worst.

I think Patroklos will probably take a good amount of practice to play unconsciously. You're attacking all the time, but you have to be smart with your frame advantage (which may not be there at all when the pressure's on). Rapidly changing the methods of attack and staying unpredictable takes some foresight... It's easy to lose momentum if you're not careful, and he lives and dies off of momentum.

The worst case scenario, I think, is when you forget about spamming 1K and the other guy just blocks everything... I've had that happen too many times...

The music and top tier outfit made the match for me. Justice!
Thank you sir, I try.

Ive gotten into playing a bit more on line and I had an HD camcorder i wasnt using, so I decided to start recording my matches! let me know what you think

vs Maxi
I dont know what the hell I was thinking with my round openers lol. Im normally not like thatw

vs Siegfried

(embed function wasnt working for me)

Good patroklos DrakeAldan

search for the japanese player "CRNA RUKA" he have a very good patroklos too.....;)

Just tap 4, yes. Tap and release, no double tap, no holding.

Pat's backdash is OK. It does its job... It's spacing dependent and frame dependent. If you're in the other guy's face, backdashing can become a liability very quickly.

Seems like you could do with some matchup data, but you did pretty good. Your whiff punishing could use some work, but that should come with time.

Try not to hang out on the outside too long. Damn near everybody in the game has longer reach than Pat and that means they are going to beat you to the punch- so if you are on the outside or if you are running in you are technically on the defensive.

That being said, you need to run in until your opponent consistently proves that they'll hit you for doing so. If you run in and the other guy is moving back or guarding, he's all yours.

Remember 44B after A+B. Most of the time it's little risk for throwing it out, unless you're close to the wall in which case you should use 236K.

If you land 236(A)B, you can 3B or CE afterwards. Illegitimate, but you should know it.

Try... not to use 66B+K outside of combos. That's really risky...

66B, 66B+K, CE should be used only if it will kill or ring out. What you can do, is use 236B BE for wall carry instead, since the stakes are higher near edges.

Try not to use 1B BE outside of combos, it's.. kinda bad.

If the other guy is missing attacks in front of you, that's a good spot to use 66B.

Yoshimitsu's CE is unsafe when blocked. Punish immediately with wrKA.

Yeah, it's pretty nasty. You can block low after the "flash", so if he uses it out in the open (and you don't get caught by surprise) you wanna discourage that and punish hard.

At least my combos are smooth now.
Back then I'd go so rigidly they could get out of them.
That second round was so tragic.
Of all the times a Guard Impact would have been useful.

Back