"Please look forward to collaborations with other works!" - Guest Character Speculation Thread

That quote we are getting in all Soul Calibur VI reveal videos: "Perhaps it was fate..."
Now I get it.

Destiny always has been an esential part in The Witcher saga.
Geralt doesn't want to believe in fate. He tries to fight against it. But in the end he is forced to believe in "something" (ironically).

Rejection and strong denial that slowly melts.

He must be in SCVI. Makes sense.

Last edited:
I wonder if cd project red is teasing Geralt because he's going to be shown in the next batch of reveals. I mean why tease something like this if the reveal is going to be months away.

Last edited:
I wonder if cd project red is teasing Geralt because he's going to be shown in the next batch of reveals. I mean why tease something like this if the reveal is going to be months away.
My thoughts exactly. From what I know, it didn't take too long before they revealed Ezio in SC5, it could be the same for Geralt.

We'll have half the roster revealed by then... GDC seems like a convenient time to reveal him.

Also seems like a funny coincidence that the last two reveals have utilized portals in varying techniques. We didn't even get a teaser. Hmm... Someone must hate those.

Surely this has to be Soul Calibur 6. I can't think of any other franchise known for doing crossovers where Geralt would make sense, unless it's an all new IP. And since Geralt isn't tied to any platform, that makes me think he'll be available on all platforms, which I think is the best solution.

But the biggest question is... will Ivy be a romance option!?!?

Here's hoping. Wouldn't the licensing be an issue?
They'd have to figure out licensing no matter what guest character they went with. CD Projekt is a relatively small company (small compared to stuff like Nintendo, Microsoft, EA, and Ubisoft) so I doubt they'd have difficulty making a deal with them.

Also didn't detail-oriented people/ conspiracy theorists figure out something in the IV and V logos that connected to Star Wars or Assassin's Creed? The guest is always on the cover regardless.

I really don't know anything about this character nor have I ever heard about this game series either. Hope he is not a guest character.

Was that soul edge scene in the end of the video the same one from the second trailer, before Kilik SCed into Evil Seed Kilik?
Why would they even bother doing that? Just 'cause the story or lore revolves around that sword?
I'd imagine if we didn't get Nightmare's reveal, then ppl would go nuts with that, but he is revealed. New Villian? Groh's Daddy perhaps? Inferno? Am i reading too much into those 2 seconds?

1kpnfhw460dz.png

There's also God of War and Monster Hunter: World (via DLC) as options. Sounds a bit too good to be true. Let's just do what should be obvious.

@Vergeben What's your take on this?

Also, I feel there might be a theme to the reveals so far in that:
  • Mitsurugi & Sophitia are iconic characters you'd first think of.
  • Kilik, Nightmare, Xianghua, and Groh look like central characters to the story.
  • Ivy and Zasalamel are associated with magic. Also we haven't seen much of them and what a better way to introduce Geralt through those things he hates- portals?
Also I'm thinking Taki (Geralt is associated with sexy women and both slay monsters/evil spirits) is also a likely reveal.

Last edited:
Back