"Please look forward to collaborations with other works!" - Guest Character Speculation Thread

I am absolutely BEGGING for bayonetta especially because shes from the same time as this games taking place. I also think geralt or even another witcher character like yennefer which would be a pretty bitchin playstyle would be pretty nice to have in, but I definitely think Bayonetta's got a pretty good chance.

I am absolutely BEGGING for bayonetta especially because shes from the same time as this games taking place. I also think geralt or even another witcher character like yennefer which would be a pretty bitchin playstyle would be pretty nice to have in, but I definitely think Bayonetta's got a pretty good chance.
Rumors say that she was considered by Project Soul, but her attacks ended up way too over the top for the series. I guess I agree, even when you compare her to Darth Vader and Spawn, she is all about summoning giant hands and feet to attack her enemy, it would be either outright broken or incredibly underpowered. Not that I'd mind having her anyway...

I highly doubt there will be console specific guest character. Bamco will market SC6 as a e-sport title. Cause we all know where the money lies right now.

Also, am I the only one here who wants to see a Belmont character?!! Preferably Richter Belmont will do :) I also think a samurai spirits character will be great. Hanzo, Charlotte or Yoshitora will be great.

But, to be more logical... I think the guest character will come from a currently new and live title. Producers don’t have much to say about who they should be putting in the game. It’s the marketing department who have the say. Putting a guest character just for the sake of the original fans is not happening. Guest characters are for drawing new blood to the game and hopefully they can make them fans of the series in the process.

Here are my choices:

- William Adams - Nioh
- 2B - Nier Automata
- Between Haohmaru, Nakoruru, Genjyuro or Charlotte - Samurai Shodown
- Cloud Strife - Final Fantasy VII
- Tidus - Final Fantasy X (long shot)
- Dante - Devil May Cry
- A Monster Hunter - Monster Hunter
- Someone from the Tales of franchise.
- Aloy - Horizon: Dawn (PS4 Exclusive)
- Jago - Killer Instinct (Xbox One Exclusive)
- Between Chrom, Lucina, Marth or Ike - Fire Emblem (if there is a Switch Version)

Last edited:
I'd like someone like Yoshimitsu, who fits well and is so awesome that he or she stays in Soul Calibur, like Yoshi did.

*Cough*Kunimitsu*Cough*
She actually already has a foot in the door, with her connection to Yoshimitsu, when you think about it.

Last edited:
He was in Tekken before he was in Soul Calibur, makes him a guest character to me and a very good one at that.
Through the proper introduction in the lore you mentioned and his perfect fit, it seems like he belongs in Soul Calibur.
Namco please do that again!

Last edited:
He was in Tekken before he was in Soul Calibur, makes him a guest character to me and a very good one at that.
Through the proper introduction in the lore you mentioned and his perfect fit, it seems like he belongs in Soul Calibur.
I normally define a guest character as someone who is there from another IP and isn't integrated into the lore. For example, I don't consider Ryu Hayabusa to be a guest character in Dead or Alive, either.

They're not guests, the Yoshimitsus from SC (now only one, since the Yoshimitsu from SC5 was apparently deleted from lore) are ancestors to the Yoshimitsus from Tekken.

I normally define a guest character as someone who is there from another IP and isn't integrated into the lore. For example, I don't consider Ryu Hayabusa to be a guest character in Dead or Alive, either.
Ryu's ancestor was also in NiOh, so, that connects Ninja Gaiden, Dead or Alive and NiOh in the same lore.

Here are my choices:

- William Adams - Nioh
- 2B - Nier Automata
- Between Haohmaru, Nakoruru, Genjyuro or Charlotte - Samurai Shodown
- Cloud Strife - Final Fantasy VII
- Tidus - Final Fantasy X (long shot)
- Dante - Devil May Cry
- A Monster Hunter - Monster Hunter
- Someone from the Tales of franchise.

- Aloy - Horizon: Dawn (PS4 Exclusive)
- Jago - Killer Instinct (Xbox One Exclusive)
- Between Chrom, Lucina, Marth or Ike - Fire Emblem (if there is a Switch Version)

I have decided to color all the bad ideas in red. Some are only partially red, as there may be some good ones in there elsewhere. Sorry to say, but I would take Vader again over most of those... and I would take Yoda over Tidus...

Maybe there will be a new Chrono Trigger game/remake and they'll have a cross promotion with that...

Wouldn't it be funny if we get Star Wars characters again?
I actually liked how they implemented them with tons of recognizable attacks from the movies and The Force Unleashed, but i hated Yoda in SC xD

Wouldn't it be funny if we get Star Wars characters again?
I actually liked how they implemented them with tons of recognizable attacks from the movies and The Force Unleashed, but i hated Yoda in SC xD
Speaking of Star Wars...
They did have an Ivy Weapon in the new Star Wars movie which was amusing, with the sword turning into a whip. Its actually plausible we may get more Star Wars stuff, at least in skins.

I would like to see some Tales characters.

Sophie from Tales of Graces F.
Sorey from Tales of Zestiria
Cress from Tales of Phantasia

I could go on but someone might hurt me.

I have decided to color all the bad ideas in red. Some are only partially red, as there may be some good ones in there elsewhere. Sorry to say, but I would take Vader again over most of those... and I would take Yoda over Tidus...

Maybe there will be a new Chrono Trigger game/remake and they'll have a cross promotion with that...

Well, I personally don't expect Tidus which is why I stated him as a long shot choice in my list.

What is your choice of guest characters?

You know, I looked at alerts, then looked at what you were quoting from me... and wondered if I somehow got SUPER blackout drunk, turned into Nyte, and went bonkers...

Please quote responsibly... nearly checked myself into a mental asylum there... Note what I did above :)
I have no clue what this is even supposed to mean.

Imagine if we had cross platform support... and they allowed Guest characters to duke it out online against each other... Link and Kratos going at each other. That would sell a lot more than any other game... for both platforms. And to top it off, they could create a special version of the game on the side for tournaments that allowed all of them to be played locally, like some mini arcade version...

Of course, Sony will block it. Killjoys :/
This is literally impossible unless they program all guest characters onto all consoles. Then they either wouldn't be console exclusives (good luck with that) or would have to be locked out from being playable on the consoles they're not making a guest appearance on, yet still be in the code (also good luck with that).

I think you're talking about the FFVII remaster.
It's a remake. The difference is that they're not just taking FF7 and enhancing it, they're remaking it from scratch. Even though FFX/FFX-2 Remastered had to be remade mostly from scratch due to Square Enix losing most of the original files, they still made the game look and play mostly like the original only with enhanced graphics. FFVII Remake will not even be using the same battle system as FFVII.

Actually, Bayonetta takes place during the present day. The flashback portions take place roughly 70 years before the start of the Soul Series timeline, though.

I highly doubt there will be console specific guest character. Bamco will market SC6 as a e-sport title. Cause we all know where the money lies right now.
Besides, console specific content are a thing of a past. Almost nobody does it anymore and gamers have mostly moved on from it.

Also, am I the only one here who wants to see a Belmont character?!! Preferably Richter Belmont will do :) I also think a samurai spirits character will be great. Hanzo, Charlotte or Yoshitora will be great.
Castlevania characters would be a great fit for the Soul Calibur series. Unfortunately, I don't see this happening because the Castlevania series is basically dead, now existing only as the reboot with its plot-twisty main character and Konami are more of a pachinko company than a videogame company nowadays, so they probably don't want to do cross-promotion events. But a boy can dream.

What you would take or not doesn't matter, and honestly, if you think William Adams or Cloud are bad ideas, then you definitely don't have a good judgement.

What you would take or not doesn't matter, and honestly, if you think William Adams or Cloud are bad ideas, then you definitely don't have a good judgement.
I find most of the fanaticism bleeding from FF7 into other games to be rather gross and annoying. As for Adams, I don't see anything really iconic involving him that would make him stand out in a good way.

When it comes to guest characters, you should not expect them to fit with the setting perfectly - so whether they come from the future, past, or some odd magical world should not matter. Their playstyle from their original setting has to work in the new SC setting too, and only a few of the guests have satisfied this. That is my criteria, that is why I red out the ones that did not fit to those rules.

Ryu Hayabusa would be a suitable addition. He's not too different from the cast, already has an established moveset with his sword, and if it matters has been on all the major consoles in the past. William from Nioh also fits but I would rather have Ryu. No idea how the relationship between TN and the Soul team is though.

100% agree with Max on this one.
wXdFt4v.jpg

Fits the universe really well and would probably have a bunch of fun moves to learn. I would pick this boi up in an instant.

Back