Possibles launch date for SCV

Many ppl have been asking when the Soul Calibur V will be relased, Well I must say, there are good news since Daishi Odashima revealed a few days ago this:

"People are asking a lot about the release date. I can tell everyone that it will be released in the 1st quarter of 2012 in the US and EU!"
So It will be soon :).

I got a feeling that it was too early but if they've been working on the game since last year now it should be okeyy i guess. I just don't want it to be rushed.

I Agree, but even if it is a little rushed, It doesn't matter, since they are planning to patch it as necessary as it would be.

Q1 would be Januaray to April, right?
That'd be cool if it was released on my birthday. :o
Do they use calendar year or fiscal year when they say Q1 2012? Because if they use Fiscal, then Q1 is October to January for most corporations.

Although it's somewhat of a ridiculous question since we know that the game is obviously not coming out in the next 3 months. lol

Either way, I'm thinking that it's not coming out until at least May or June. If it was coming out anytime between now and late March of 2012 I would imagine they would have already announced the release date.

Edit: Nevermind. I just saw MOLDAIVER's post about Daishi confirming a Q1 2012 release. :-) SCORE!

I got a feeling that it was too early but if they've been working on the game since last year now it should be okeyy i guess. I just don't want it to be rushed.
It was announced when? June? I would imagine the development started around the beginning of 2010. From articles I've read about games, they've usually been under some sort of development for at least a year before they're officially announced.

I Agree, but even if it is a little rushed, It doesn't matter, since they are planning to patch it as necessary as it would be.

A rush could hurt the game if something stupid develops quickly at launch. People may dismiss the game.
I'd rather see a delay in that case (unless KOF sucks, then I'll be desperate, AH can't sustain a man forever)

Someone at the GnouzCalibur playtest in France (one of the players, his name escapes me) said something about 7 months away, so that's aiming for a late March/early April release.

This is what I'd like knowing. Gamestop sez march for the U.S. release, Amazon has theirs for the new year (although I'm now I'm wondering if this is the Japanese version). IGN is clueless.

Back