Pre Release SC6 Zasalamel Gameplay Discussion

AndyrooSC

IVE WAITED FOR THIS!!!
Lets have a thread for what we learn about Zasalamel in sc6 breaking down any trailer and gameplay featuring him letting us speculate. I mainly know SC4 Zas so will mainly be using that games notation.

Firstly we have this brief SC6 Battle Director comment:

' Zasalamel is an easy to use all-rounder who can attack with a wide ranged scythe that can pull the opponent towards him. For SC6, he can conjure up black magic attacks to 'curse' the opponent. From there, he can stop time to allow attack openings.'

Here is all his moves from his reveal trailer:

SC6 Zas 33B combo.gif

So the first attack looks like his sc4 33B, now his 33B nor his 33B4 gave a stun that leaves them standing for combo before so appears to offer more reward on hit. The second attack looks like his 3AB string but a slightly different animation maybe can delay the second hit. The last hit looks like some kind of BT K, maybe you could not do the BT K and have a BT B+K/Throw 50/50.
SC6 ZAS A+G.gif

Here is Zas doing his A+G throw which was in SC3 and SC4.
Soul_Calibur_VI_Ivy_and_Zasalamel_Reveal_PS4.gif

Here is Zas 6A from SC4 but the second hit appears to have a slightly different animation than before.
Looks like the Lethal Hit condition for it is the second hit to be CH. Then his 44B4 into BT B+K hold.
I couldnt get 44B4 to combo into BT B+K in sc4 but seems to be a easy link here.
Soul_Calibur_VI_Ivy_and_Zasalamel_Reveal_PS4 (1).gif

Here is Zas' left side throw back in from previous games.
Soul_Calibur_VI_Ivy_and_Zasalamel_Reveal_PS4 (3).gif

Here you see Rugi have these purple orbs floating around him, this must be the 'curse' mechanic previously mentioned. What moves from Zas that cause this curse isnt currently known or exactly how long it stays on the opponent for but it can be used to stop time to get a free attack in. Here we see Zas land a RE B on Rugi then tapped the ground with his scythe which caused the time freeze. His RE B without the opponent cursed looks like it might not lead to alot of damage but on the flip side if you have cursed opponent and they know RE B will cause time stop they can go for RE K which you could try to read your opponent.
Soul_Calibur_VI_Ivy_and_Zasalamel_Reveal_PS4 (4).gif

In this example Zas goes for a free A+K after the time stop. The A+K move in general will be a little more useful because of its ability to hit GI and RE. It also still offers a stun which Zas uses a mid attack to end combo that looks like the animation of SC3/SC4 WRB but without the attack throw.
Soul_Calibur_VI_Ivy_and_Zasalamel_Reveal_PS4 (5).gif

Here is Zas' Soul Charge and it is special in the sense that it brings the opponent towards him instead of pushing them away. Quite curious to see its max range could be used as a safe way to close the space against defensive spacers. In this example Groh blocks the SC and tries to attack but gets interrupted by the following string.@Frayhua pointed out that its the same animation as SC3 Abyss A+B.
Edit: Oofmatic has some speculation that this is not in fact his Soul Charge animation and we just see him power up then it's cuts to him using Abyss A+B seen by the camera angle and the soul charge flash under his feet.
Soul_Calibur_VI_Ivy_and_Zasalamel_Reveal_PS4 (6).gif

I dont quite recognise the string he is doing here but the last hit is a SC only move as we see the SC flash at his feet. Maybe a NCC combo and looks like you could get some extra damage after the floor splat.
Soul_Calibur_VI_Ivy_and_Zasalamel_Reveal_PS4 (7).gif

Here is the start up animation for his CE, I wouldnt say its very fast and wonder what the range on it is.

Any new trailers or gameplay in future for Zas I will post and breakdown here.
discuss away with your thoughts about him gameplay wise including how good his curse mechanic could make him.

Zasalamel lord of swag is back everybody :D :sc3zas1:

Attachments

• Soul_Calibur_VI_Ivy_and_Zasalamel_Reveal_PS4 (2).gif
    Soul_Calibur_VI_Ivy_and_Zasalamel_Reveal_PS4 (2).gif
    1.7 MB · Views: 491
Last edited:
I dont quite recognise the string he is doing here but the last hit is a SC only move as we see the SC flash at his feet. Maybe a NCC combo and looks like you could get some extra damage after the floor splat.

The 1st 2 parts of the string is Abyss' 3AK. The B ender is SCIV Zas' 33_99B4 It's a NCC without the stuns.
Abyss 3AKB.gif

So a easy duck second hit and fast interupt? Wonder if he will have 3ab for a way to get players to not duck 3ak

The 1st 2 hit's are NC. The 2nd hit can be ducked when the 1st hit is blocked.

I think that's 6AK in SCVI. You're right the B changes in Soul Charge Mode. Zas definitly got better.

SCIII Abyss 3AKB & Zas 6AKB

Abyss
Abyss 3AKB.gif

Zas
Zas SC 3AKB.gif

Zas/Abyss 33_99B Evolution

SCIII Abyss
SCIII Abyss 33_99B.gif

SCIII/SCIV 33_99B & SCIV 33_99B4 & The Last Hit of SCVI Soul Charge Mode 6AKB
SCIV Zas 33_99B & 33_99B4.gif

SCVI 33_66_99B is +20. I hope bK is in as well as 4B+K for a stun combo.
SCVI Zas 33_66_99B.gif

Zas 4A from SCIV & SCVI

SCVI Zas' 4A
Soul_Calibur_VI_Ivy_and_Zasalamel_Reveal_PS4.gif

SCIV Version
Zas 4A.gif

4A CH Versions
Zas 4A CH 1.gif

Zas 4A CH 2.gif

Zas/Abyss 66B Evolution

SCIII Zas
SCIII Zas 66BB.gif

SCIII Abyss
SCIII Abyss 66BB.gif

SCIV Zas
SCIV Zas 66BB.gif

The 1st part of Zas' old 66B is in the RE Attack Phase
SCVI Zas RE B.gif

View attachment 48540
Here is Zas' Soul Charge and it is special in the sense that it brings the opponent towards him instead of pushing them away. Quite curious to see its max range could be used as a safe way to close the space against defensive spacers. In this example Groh blocks the SC and tries to attack but gets interrupted by the following string @Frayhua pointed out that its the same animation as SC3 Abyss A+B.
I think we may be misled here. If you look at the stage positioning, it appears that this is video editing, and we don't actually see Zas' soul charge state, but rather it cuts to Zas doing Abyss A+B (which may be a move he acquires in soul charged state).

I think we may be misled here. If you look at the stage positioning, it appears that this is video editing, and we don't actually see Zas' soul charge state, but rather it cuts to Zas doing Abyss A+B (which may be a move he acquires in soul charged state).
Yes I also believe that this particular attack isn't the push-back from the soul charge

You defo have a good point here also when he does Abyss A+B also has the glow under him like any other in soul charge attack. This is arguably even better as it's a very good tool to close the space and could undo the distance made by SC activation.
Can't wait for a playable demo so we can see some gameplay and get many more answers

I'm going to Ring Out in San Francisco tomorrow; If Zasalamel is playable I will test out as many of these as I can and try to record footage on my phone or otherwise. Sure hope he is; otherwise getting SC IV two days ago to learn some moves was a waste!

zasalamel_h_6_20180213_1519145152-jpg.48439

So this is one of the screenshots that was shown when Ivy/Zas was announced what now feels like all them years ago lol.

Most of his other pictures look to be intro or win poses but this one could potenially be showing a move that puts the 'curse' onto the opponent.

Looks sort of similar to his CE animation from the trailer but doesn't appear to be as the background hasn't changed and Mitsu is definitely getting hit by it here.

It really could be anything but looking at that purple aura there it's very similar to the floating purple auras around Mitsu in the trailer where Zasalamel uses them after RE B to freeze opponent.

It sort of looks like SC4 Zas B+K with the still animation which would give it some more legitimate use as a punish.

What do you guys think?

I am Andrew Smith on the youtube comments I have commented the moves we see him use on both videos that he in.

Didn't have time to GIF each move but as we know we will get better gameplay at E3 with none button mashers so looking forward to breaking them down.

This looks so epic. It means time stop can turn certain unsafe moves, like 66A+B, safe and even allow you to continue your pressure. On hit it opens up higher damage combo's.

@Mantis2K @Evil_Zutus @M.o.D @WuHT @Frayhua

Hey guys so I'm fortunate to be asked to go with some invited UK players to play SC6 demo this Thursday, sounds like it is the E3 build that's what the other dudes have been told.

We have 5 hours with the demo but will be sharing it with press and other players so I may not get a lot of time on it. I'm gonna be playing as Zas to get you guys footage and I wanted to ask anything you want me to try and find out? Can't promise I will get all answers but I thought its better to ask in advance just incase I get the chance.

Oooeeh lucky you, foremost enjoy your time with the game!

Concerning old moves: does he have scIV BT B+K, 6B+K, 6kB?
How is his general safeness, specifically pimp hand, draw moves on block. How strong is pimp hand to frametrap after draws?
I've seen gameplay where he charges the pimp hand and it would apply 3 curses at once, but is hella slow, could things like juggle, slight charge pimp hand work?
You could try figuring out which moves allow time stop after it, does it lead to guaranteed damage?

That's about it :)

Back