Proper Raph Guide

Step into A throw for a RO, darkfender. Or get R.S. grab for the same thing. Better to win the match outright than both of those. You're giving up a chance to be scary.

aside the fact that 4A steps far more than a regular step or anything....considering range etc it is much safer than a step .-. and if they try to catch your step it goes behind them...

actually 4a is a decent move to escape...i wouldn t spam it but in some circumstances is more than good.
imho.

I would hesitate to say that 4A is more reliable to evade than regular steps. There are some moves that it fails miserably (while normal step would have worked) and then there are situations where the opposite happens where 4A is the only way to evade a certain string.

i meant at a certain range ....

If you're playing against people that do moves that 4A is highly successful, then by all means go for it. However, I'm just making sure that no raph-newbie comes in and thinks that 4A is strictly more evasive than a simple 2_8.

I use 4A 70% for the tracking (knowing my opponent is going to move) and 30% for the evasiveness. It's an odd breakdown but thats how i feel currently.

There's also all the times when you want to step right. Which is what you have to do to beat:
<a lot of ****>
7/3 looks right to me for my use, too. And I gave its incidence in my games overall.

WARUI, I know about spacing 44B. I know. Trust me that I know. But when that range is the range that you don't have a clean answer to side stepping, 44B ceases to be anything to mixup with alternative actions; it's only something an opponent can forget about. He won't if he takes you seriously.
I don't see how to, say, take advantage of my opponent expecting a 44B and then not doing 44B. What do you do?
... I just had an evil idea. BRAINGASM. *runs off to Xbawks*

If you're playing against people that do moves that 4A is highly successful, then by all means go for it. However, I'm just making sure that no raph-newbie comes in and thinks that 4A is strictly more evasive than a simple 2_8.

I use 4A 70% for the tracking (knowing my opponent is going to move) and 30% for the evasiveness. It's an odd breakdown but thats how i feel currently.
yeah u r right my english sucks but against some stances is great really...

4A is quite good against relic for ex but also against some sieg, mitsu, ivy etc etc etc mixups and its a great RO escaper....a single step won't get you out of RO position but a single 4A will.

imho 4A is a solid move...its a quick solution to escape risky situations...

trust me that I know. But when that range is the range that you don't have a clean answer to side stepping, 44B ceases to be anything to mixup with alternative actions; it's only something an opponent can forget about. He won't if he takes you seriously.
I don't see how to, say, take advantage of my opponent expecting a 44B and then not doing 44B. What do you do?
... I just had an evil idea. BRAINGASM. *runs off to Xbawks*
if people are 8wayrunning/step like crazy I'll use either AA,44AB, or 3A

AA and 3A are okayish
44A(B) is pretty fucking legit when it seems all your other step kills fail

Ive been using 3A a lot more as of late and I'm picking up raph again
I even relearned 22B VE B:B people gonna get raped

Edit: lets not forget 22/88Bs seemingly random step kill
Edit Edit: WR A has always been pretty fresh in certain situations

before hating on 44A(B) learn when to use the move, not knowing the right time will get you CH'd. I used to despise this move but when I gave it another chance cause it looks fucking sexy I realized how amazing it truly is... 0 going into prep and forcing crouch is really good...they have to act almost immediately to interrupt SEA B or VE anything which forces them to play super predictable

Back