PS4 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're just waiting for E3.

pretty much. unlike Microsoft there's nothing truly controversial to talk about yet with Sony's product. We know what we're getting.

That, and there's nobody starting shit here. Aside from me bumping this thing up..

so.. just to add some topics for conversation

what game are you looking forward to the most? not just ps4, but ps3, vita, nintendo, what have you.

What do you think will be announced at E3? any new IP's or sequels? Any hopes and dreams?

How do you think the conference will be held? in terms of when they'll show what they show?

What sort of drinking game shall we play during the microsoft and Sony conference?

is anyone looking forward to Destiny's in game action?

That, and there's nobody starting shit here. Aside from me bumping this thing up..
Did some body call for some SHIIIIIIIT? Whaddup psosers? How about all that buzz we're hearing about the PS4Losers? OH THAT'S RIGHT, there isn't any! HAHA lololol... ehhhhhh.... *realizes as the owner of a PS3 he doesn't really care*

I'm not against any console, considering I owned every console from the last gen. That said I may not even get another console. It depends on what games are exclusive. The lack of backwards comp, and the fact I can still (and do occasionally) play my games from 2000 on my current PC weight heavily on my mind. And yet I know all my friends will have consoles and if I want to play with them I'll probably need one. Bummer.

What sort of drinking game shall we play during the microsoft and Sony conference?
I say we pick a corporate buzz word and we all take a shot when we hear it. My bet is words like "you" and "content" will come up enough times (in an attempt to let us know we are being empowered) to plaster even the heartiest of us.

is anyone looking forward to Destiny's in game action?
I am curious about it. Have you watched the trailers... it sounds like an MMO from the descriptions. Wanna see what they're trying to do.

Lemmie just leave this here for you boys:
Maybe we should go with.... "tv"?

Wait whAt

Sony is currently touting that they will have 40 games to show off at e3 this year. These games will be comprised of PS4 titles, PS3 titles, and PS Vita titles. We can already guess some of the games that will be on display, but that still leaves A LOT of room for speculation.

as for the last bit, I watch the superbowl for the commercials, but I don't get hype about the game itself. E3 is like my superbowl. I get hype about the conferences, games, lights, displays, shows. the whole 9 yards. I would love to go to E3, but I'm not in the game industry, even if I have friends in it... sucks.

still. I'm getting more hype at the prospect that there might be something about the Last Guardian this year... There will definitely be news about Final Fantasy vs Xiii.

Squenix is having a conference this year titled: The future of Final Fantasy. or something like that. GOOD GRACIOUS

I love an e3 when there's new consoles, it's just hella exciting. few more days!
Plus this:

pretty much. unlike Microsoft there's nothing truly controversial to talk about yet with Sony's product. We know what we're getting.

1) Because many of the players here (or a big percentage of) are PS3 players exclusively, so of course they'll hate on Microsoft.

2) People were hating on Microsoft's rumored "Xbox 720" after the PS4 was announced back in February, even though they didn't know anything about it or even it's name. I remember reading hate topics on Gamefaqs in March how people hated Microsoft, mainly due to the rumored "Non-used games" topic generating most of the fray.

3) PS4 and Xbox One are both equally great systems, both worth purchasing. Don't be scared to talk back to the Xbox trolls who have no intention of getting an Xbox One. And if you're complaining about having to buy games "new" then there is a strong chance you're a person who probably wouldn't go out and buy a new console anyways. (At least not for a year or more).

4) I enjoy Microsoft's premium servers, and I'm willing to pay money for that. It's much better than PC gaming in the sense that modders and hackers run rampant. You can't get away with that for long on a Premium internet access server.

1) Because many of the players here (or a big percentage of) are PS3 players exclusively, so of course they'll hate on Microsoft.
Actually I think thats incorrect to say. alot of us here(myself included) are both PS3 and XBOX360 players. We dont care about the company behind the system, we care about what the system offers us.
2) People were hating on Microsoft's rumored "Xbox 720" after the PS4 was announced back in February, even though they didn't know anything about it or even it's name. I remember reading hate topics on Gamefaqs in March how people hated Microsoft, mainly due to the rumored "Non-used games" topic generating most of the fray.
And if one console is offering used game sales, but the other wants to restrict it, yet its something that we already have current gen, why wouldnt they be upset?
3) PS4 and Xbox One are both equally great systems, both worth purchasing. Don't be scared to talk back to the Xbox trolls who have no intention of getting an Xbox One. And if you're complaining about having to buy games "new" then there is a strong chance you're a person who probably wouldn't go out and buy a new console anyways. (At least not for a year or more).
I dont think XBOX ONE is worth purchasing at all, and my argument as for why is because of DRM. I know alot of other people who DO buy new games, and new consoles - myself included, who feel the exact same way as i do. It has nothing to do with the amount of money we have to spend, it has to do with the moral ratifications and restrictions imposed upon us by the services that the XBOX ONE provides.

I disagree. The difference is that XB1 came out and gave us the worst Tech Reveal in the history of reveals. Giving nothing but terrible consumer news, annoying mechanics and TV, TV, SPORTS, CALL OF DUTY. funny video.....

They deserved to be shit one because to this day they keep giving us more and more news, and EXPLANATIONS, that are attempts at justifying their decisions and are NOT WORKING. Whether or not this is a move by them or the developers, they are making one hell of a bad PR move and equally one hell of a MEME and JOKE HUB.

PS4 on the other hand had quite a damn good reveal. Giving us a lot of stuff we wanted, new ideas we didn't think of as well as TV and what not.
HOWEVER, unlike XB1, they didn't give us the terrible DRM news or used game limits or anything that XB1 did that just ruins everything in a gamers mind.
Sony not saying these things was the best move ever in terms of creating a positive look and hype for their system.
The thing is they didn't DENY it. They just didn't bring it up. So whether or not Sony does these things, as of THIS MOMENT they are winning in every way because they kept all news given positive.

It will be AFTER E3 that we will truly see where the next gen, as a whole, is going and whether or not it's just Microsoft being greedy ass-crackers.
I suspect Sony will crush dreams at E3, but they're still better.

On the other hand, game wise. GIVE ME MOTHER FUCKING FINAL FANTASY VERSUS 13 OR 15. Whichever name it has, and make it a god damn launch title.

I dont think XBOX ONE is worth purchasing at all, and my argument as for why is because of DRM. I know alot of other people who DO buy new games, and new consoles - myself included, who feel the exact same way as i do. It has nothing to do with the amount of money we have to spend, it has to do with the moral ratifications and restrictions imposed upon us by the services that the XBOX ONE provides.

DRM or Digital Rights Management isn't even worth complaining about, and here is why.

1) All you need to do is sign on once every 24 hours to verify your license to the product, it's nothing inconveniencing because hell, you need to have an internet connection in the first place to even complain about the Xbox One! You sign in - it's verified - game on.

2) People who hate DRM the most are pirates, hackers, and people who want to rent games. Hackers hate DRM because it makes the game harder to mod. Pirates hate it because they can't pirate the game and put it up for Free Download on bit torrent sites. Renters hate DRM because the obvious, you can't resell the game after you purchased it, you're the exclusive owner to the product.

3) It's not even worth bitching about because it's going to be just like how Steam works, and the Xbox Marketplace has worked the past few years. Instead of a game disc, you're basically going to get an install disc. People who say "I have to be online to verify my rights to it though!" That isn't hard at all, I'm sorry if you're playing in Iraq or Africa, but it's not a problem for 99% of gamers. Being online and having an internet connection to play games? IMPOSSIBRU!!

P.S. There is nothing 'morally' wrong with cutting renters out of the equation, as there is nothing 'morally' justified by renters playing games that they didn't give the developer one cent for. There will always be free games to play, and people love them.

BAD SLAYER! did you learn nothing?!?! leave the troll alone!

having said that...

I could have sworn it was the opposite. I know a lot of folks around here who's preferred system is the 360. Not many people I know around here who play games on the ps3. That and who said anything about hating on Microsoft in here to begin with? no honestly, I'm not really paying attention to other people's posts unless i'm quoted or alerted somehow.

people are gonna hate. regardless of what is, when it is, why it is. That's just life. Hater fathers marry hater mothers and have hater kids. in the end. No one really gives a fuck. play with your preferred system and who gives a fuck what other people think? does it matter? not really. and if it bothers you, why let it? MS kinda laid out their plans for all that, so it either causes an uproar or it doesn't. no sweat off my back. I'm not gettin an xboxone. not yet anyway.

3) PS4 and Xbox One are both equally great systems, both worth purchasing. Don't be scared to
talk back to the Xbox trolls who have no intention of getting an Xbox One. And if you're complaining about having to buy games "new" then there is a strong chance you're a person who probably wouldn't go out and buy a new console anyways. (At least not for a year or more).

seems to me like you got a lot on your chest. Who is this directed to exactly? is this directed towards me? cause, I don't see how this applies to me. so it can't be me.. but then.. why mention this at all?

4) I enjoy Microsoft's premium servers, and I'm willing to pay money for that. It's much better than PC gaming in the sense that modders and hackers run rampant. You can't get away with that for long on a Premium internet access server.

That's all well and good. see me nod. would you like a pat on the back? there you go. just imagine me patting you on the back.

movin on.

DRM or Digital Rights Management isn't even worth complaining about, and here is why.

1) All you need to do is sign on once every 24 hours to verify your license to the product, it's nothing inconveniencing because hell, you need to have an internet connection in the first place to even complain about the Xbox One! You sign in - it's verified - game on.

2) People who hate DRM the most are pirates, hackers, and people who want to rent games. Hackers hate DRM because it makes the game harder to mod. Pirates hate it because they can't pirate the game and put it up for Free Download on bit torrent sites. Renters hate DRM because the obvious, you can't resell the game after you purchased it, you're the exclusive owner to the product.

3) It's not even worth bitching about because it's going to be just like how Steam works, and the Xbox Marketplace has worked the past few years. Instead of a game disc, you're basically going to get an install disc. People who say "I have to be online to verify my rights to it though!" That isn't hard at all, I'm sorry if you're playing in Iraq or Africa, but it's not a problem for 99% of gamers. Being online and having an internet connection to play games? IMPOSSIBRU!!

It IS worth complaining about and here's why:

1) a. i have to sign in once every 24 hours to verify.
b. with no internet connection i cannot do this. believe it or not some of us rather enjoy playing our games while not being connected to the internet, and our lives do not revolve around networking.

2) a.I hate DRM, and i am none of the sort. What happens when 10-20 years down the road i still want to play my old games with my old console, and I cannot because the servers that i require to sync my game go down?
b. What happens should they ever decide that i no longer have the right to access their service for whatever reason? Then i lose all access to ALL of my purchased content and have to re-buy it all over again.
c. it prevents me from having the ability to do what I want with MY Purchased product. Because of DRM i do not own the game any longer, instead I am essentially paying $60 to have the right to RENT the game indefinitely. I cannot lend it to friends, I cannot resell it, I can't even play it on a different machine in the same house. whats more is i cannot do whatever i want to the owned product because gain, it is rented.
d. did i mention that I can lose access to all of my stuff at any time?

3) And I dont buy games on steam either, reason being because of the DRM. I DO NOT WANT digital downloads, I want a physical retail copy of which i can do what i please with. Even with an install disc at least i can install it on every computer in my house(although i cant play online with all of them at the same time, but im ok with that - thats how CD keys work and rightfully so.(but thats not to say i cant play lan))

and again, i DONT WANT to be online at all times. I dont like being online if im not doing something that justifies it, such as playing online multiplayer. if i'm playing my single player games, i will go out of my way to disconnect my ethernet cable from my system because i find it distracting to be online, even if i am set to offline. Also being online while playing something singleplayer sort of defeats the purpose of it being singleplayer.

Not to mention with being online all the time comes the monitoring and all sorts of other stupid crap. and in short term things it can cause extreme inconveniences for people - like when i moved to my new house and didnt have internet for a week - oh too bad, there goes my ability to play games!

DRM is the worst concieved idea on the face of the planet. you want copy protection? fine by me, but dont charge me retail price for a product that i cant even claim ownership to.

EDIT: and as stated before, I would GLADLY pay more for my games if it meant DRM did not have to exist.

BAD SLAYER! did you learn nothing?!?! leave the troll alone!

having said that...

i'm sorry madnis!!! but i feel extremely strongly about DRM!!! it wouldnt matter of it was ishimaru, or some random joe blow off the street tbh. but also i felt like what he was saying was an incorrect interpretation of the population represented here, so i wanted to add my two cents lol. Forgive Me! XD

DRM stops modders, hackers, and pirates from destroying the game, or selling it online for free, like they've done with many other bit torrent sites.

If you Slayer prefer not to be online to play, then I'm so sorry for you, and you only. If being online is such a big problem, then you why are you even online now? Clearly connecting to the internet is not a big problem. And you're lying when you said:

"If your internet goes out while you're playing, game over! You can't play!"

Wrong, completely incorrect. You only need to be signed in once every 24 hours, so no, you'll still have another good 19+ hours of game time even while playing offline. You're making a mountain out of a mole hill.

DRM stops modders, hackers, and pirates from destroying the game, or selling it online for free, like they've done with many other bit torrent sites.
First of all, im gonna stop you right here - not all modders and hackers are pirates. many of them just create additions and modifications to games to enhance their experience(although this only really applies to PC in most cases)
If you Slayer prefer not to be online to play, then I'm so sorry for you, and you only. If being online is such a big problem, then you why are you even online now? Clearly connecting to the internet is not a big problem. And you're lying when you said:
Why am i online now? because being on a forum and chatting with others is an activity that justifies having an internet connection.

"If your internet goes out while you're playing, game over! You can't play!" Wrong, completely incorrect. You only need to be signed in once, every 24 hours, so no, you'll still have another good 19+ hours of game time even while playing offline. You're making a mountain out of a mole hill.
Actually i believe my quote was:
"Not to mention with being online all the time comes the monitoring and all sorts of other stupid crap. and in short term things it can cause extreme inconveniences for people - like when i moved to my new house and didnt have internet for a week - oh too bad, there goes my ability to play games!"

because you have to sync every 24 hours, but in alot of cases that is simply not possible.

have fun getting monitored, and not having an unconditional guarantee to be able to use your products indefinitely, for whatever purpose, and in whatever fashion you choose.

First of all, im gonna stop you right here - not all modders and hackers are pirates. many of them just create additions and modifications to games to enhance their experience(although this only really applies to PC in most cases)

If you're defending modders and people who hack games, then you must not be a big PC gamer in the first place. Hackers made old CoD games virtually unplayable until they introduced DRM. All game pirates are scum in my eyes, because they're literally robbing the developer.

have fun getting monitored, and not having an unconditional guarantee to be able to use your products indefinitely, for whatever purpose, and in whatever fashion you choose.

You have to sync once every 24 hours, once you log back online - license verified - free to game on. It's not like it vanishes off your hard drive. And if you aren't able to log on physically once every 24 hours, then sure complain, but that just means your personal internet is horrible and you need a new service provider. Or you live in a 3rd world country. Either way, it won't effect me, or millions of others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back