PSN/XBL Ragequitters

I don't play online (anymore, been so for a while), so I obviously don't know, but are they that prevalent?

I also find it funny that some people are saying 'play the game for fun, not for a ratio,' well, if someone's spamming moves or whatever, how is it fun to beat them? I'd just see that as too easy (so not fun) or tedious (also not fun). Maybe it's fun for some people, but I don't really see anything in that. I haven't really played a spammer in a while so I don't exactly remember how it was to beat them, but it doesn't seem like it'd be any fun.

It's hella fun to beat a spammer. You've got a punching bag to punish for being so shitty at the game.

And if you're losing to a spammer, that's fun too, because it's like a game to see if you can figure out how to defeat the move they keep spamming.

What Cloukyo said. Its really fun backing up with Nightmare and going "lol :3::B:" on people who just don't get it.... like a good majority of Ezio players too.

Maybe :3::A::A: as well.

PS I love these notation smilies.

There's one custom Xiba player in the London Global Colosseo that I've fought five times in random match over the week, and they quit in four of the matches just before my victories were counted. I pressed said player a little about why they did it, and apparently I'm annoying to play. Therefore, I now save myself the trouble by hitting the B button when their tag comes up.

Since we're just dishing on ragequitters, I'd like to post something that just happened to me.

Apparently people get so salty over this game they PREEMPTIVELY ragequit. I had commented on some ragequit footage over at YouTube when someone replies to my post like this:

Yeah, people like you are the reason why I never got back into fighting games. Internet anonymity mixed with relative exploits to piss off other people always end with someone getting their sense of accomplishment from spamming the same controls over and over while someone else moves on to get their sense of accomplishment from this other thing called a "life".

I haven't played this guy in anything, yet he sent me something that sounds remarkably like what people send post-ragequit.

Least I know what to expect if I ever did run across him...

I guess.

So far no one's ragequit against me for real, though...feel kinda sad (it happened a fair bit in Soul Calibur IV).

I've found two kinds of people who've taken ragequitting to a whole new level.

There are two kinds of these people on ranked, and they quit before you can even fight them.

1) People you beat badly. When they see you on ranked, they'll avoid you at all costs, and won't play you again. Notable in that searching for a match sometimes takes a while, and someone just refusing to fight you wastes your time. Its just cowardly, honestly. I don't even teabag, and people still do this.

2) People who beat YOU badly. These are the people who wipe the floor with you, but at the same time, refuse to fight you again, for whatever reason. Either they don't want their precious record ruined since you know how they fight now, Or... they just feel like insulting you in an immature and childish manner. Either way, its just rude. : /

Also, amazingly, I've won most of the matches against A-ranked people I've had. Not amazingly, they were Natsus. But they didn't ragequit, and took their Nightmare beatings like champs, and I respect that.

Never, EVER give me advice after you beat me.

To do so is to be the lowest of scum. I CAN GET BETTER ON MY OWN, DAMMIT.

No, ZWEI can't be judged so easly. He is surely not a Top Tier. But he can't be low tier, especially with the latest found with him. And he is still my main. I tooked Xiba for the last two match of the launch tournament because Zwei hasn't got the recent patch modification and because it was easy to deal Sieg or Leixia with Xiba.

ZWEI has a huge learning curve. I'am confident about doing good with him at the end. He is not cheap or TopTier at all, so don't except that a ZWEI player win a tournament so early in the game or even after.

Anyway, see you at Cannes. I will try to show, some broken shit with ZWEI... haha

After having fought this ZWEI personally, you're right - he has problems, but some of those setups? FUUUUUCK!!!

Ragequits are a sign of respect. It's just like a lengthy game of Chess or Go where a player realizes they have made a very bad mistake or simply aren't a match for the opponent. They concede the match.

Never, EVER give me advice after you beat me.

To do so is to be the lowest of scum. I CAN GET BETTER ON MY OWN, DAMMIT.

But.... aren't you responsible for the way you play now? :P

I'll send people messages about "jump the quake" or something and they always get pissy. I don't so much mind it if people shoot me the same message.

2) People who beat YOU badly. These are the people who wipe the floor with you, but at the same time, refuse to fight you again, for whatever reason. Either they don't want their precious record ruined since you know how they fight now, Or... they just feel like insulting you in an immature and childish manner. Either way, its just rude. : /
I never take it as an insult. I see it as fear. It's somewhat disappointing when it happens, but it still boosts my ego.
Of course it's different if they clearly were at a whole different level.

On topic, so far I rage quit once in SCV. I was fighting a Mitsurugi. I don't remember if I was winning or losing, but on the third round, just like magic, the match became very laggy just as the Mitsurugi decided to go in full offense mode.
So his 1As that hit like a truck became unblockables. Yeah... /quit.
But I suppose there was no "rage" in that.

I never take it as an insult. I see it as fear. It's somewhat disappointing when it happens, but it still boosts my ego.
Of course it's different if they clearly were at a whole different level.

On topic, so far I rage quit once in SCV. I was fighting a Mitsurugi. I don't remember if I was winning or losing, but on the third round, just like magic, the match became very laggy just as the Mitsurugi decided to go in full offense mode.
So his 1As that hit like a truck became unblockables. Yeah... /quit.
But I suppose there was no "rage" in that.

Shouldn't have confesssed to that, you're now considered to be the bane of online gaming no matter what your reasoning is.

Honestly, when I get screwed over by massive lag I can see at the beginning of the match, I just quit right there. Or suicide. Or just let them kill me. I dislike frusteration at lag. Its not playing the game if you're playing with 1+ second delays.

The only rage-quitters that get under my skin are the ones that wait until the last hit of the 6th round. I wish I had a button that would make them fart blood for two days. Other than that I've learned to take it as a compliment. I even thank some of them. "Thanks - rage quitting means more to me than a victory!".

Pocky Yoshi never says anything to ragequitters. If they ragequit because of him, Pocky Yoshi usually just chuckles and moves on to the next best thing. He won't rub salt into their wounds because there is no need to. Unless they start raging at him, Pocky Yoshi won't speak to them or ridicule them.

Pocky Yoshi never says anything to ragequitters. If they ragequit because of him, Pocky Yoshi usually just chuckles and moves on to the next best thing. He won't rub salt into their wounds because there is no need to. Unless they start raging at him, Pocky Yoshi won't speak to them or ridicule them.
Well, if they've made it to the final blow of the sixth round there shouldn't be much of a wound. They turned a valiant effort into a hissy-fit. They should be mocked.

Back