Pyrrha Movelist Discussion/Analysis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe 4K is +1 on block because it doesn't force crouch like 4B did, which was -1. Give and take.

I just don't see how Pyrrha is better than Sophi in any aspect. It's like we can only be glad she still has all her tools, but that's it. I don't think having a new super counts, since everybody has a new one.

At least from SC3 to SC4 we could be happy there was the addition of 236236AA, a very useful tech crouch attack. But SC5? What tech crouch do we have now? Nothing safe. Unless 3B is mostly safe.

Maybe 4K is +1 on block because it doesn't force crouch like 4B did, which was -1. Give and take.

I just don't see how Pyrrha is better than Sophi in any aspect. It's like we can only be glad she still has all her tools, but that's it. I don't think having a new super counts, since everybody has a new one.

At least from SC3 to SC4 we could be happy there was the addition of 236236AA, a very useful tech crouch killer. But SC5? What tech crouch do we have now? Nothing safe. Unless 3B is mostly safe.

4K also doesn't place you right in front of them from a relatively long distance for free like 4B did. As far the two moves giving similar advantage due to 4B giving force crouch, well, 2As from crouching are 1 frame faster (i13), so it mostly hurt instead of helped except against Taki, Sophie and X who need to be standing for options that are faster than FC A (their fast standing As).

Yeah, no way Pyrrha is better than Sophie. TAS B tipped or not was just amazing since it was safe to everyone but Taki and Yoshimitsu (fucking Lolo punishes me with iMCF). For a safe tech crouch I heard Pyrrha has Sophie's 4B+K somewhere in her movelist. Otherwise, yeah, interesting lack of useful TC.

i was looking for 4B+K but couldnt find it! its now her UB (SC4 44aB)

66A Tech crouches A LOT! and is like +6 on ch and only -11 on block so only taki can punish it.
44A tech crouches and on CH gives you a launcher that gives you CE or w/e you want
2As DO tech crouch in this game

Also i think 66B(BE), 66B, 236K is a combo if not then 66B(BE), B+K, 236K def is!

Ramon (or anyone else), which of Pyrrah's moves does stun to the opponent? I play with Cassandra in the SC4 and yeah, Cassandra plays nothing like Pyrrah lool. I don't really use Sophie that much. So, I don't really know what are Pyrrah's best stun moves. Also, after you do stun the opponent, what combos (Or something else) can you do afterwards?

well i dont know any stun moves (nor do i think there any good...) but if you wanna play some1 like Cass, play Patroklos! He plays just like here even if it doesnt LOOK like he does!

well i dont know any stun moves (nor do i think there any good...) but if you wanna play some1 like Cass, play Patroklos! He plays just like here even if it doesnt LOOK like he does!

Patroklos does seem good and there were some players that said that He plays similar to Cass but he doesn't really interest me that much. I really do like Pyrrha more to be honest. I played with her a few weeks ago at some SC5 tournaments and I am really liking how she is looking. So, I will probably start playing around with Sophie for a month or so until SC5 hits... Thanks for the advice

Pyrrha PLAYERS! ATTENTION!

6:10 you will see a flash of green light as she does her CE...now look at what it says under pyrrha. Thats right ...Guard IMPACT! it has its own gi frames! your welcome!

WTF? That super was already really good. Interesting how the GI happens after the super flash instead of before like the Xiba and Nightmare. That's probably the best CE so far

Well that's awesome.
With that and 4K, I don't think I'll see her as a watered down Sophie anymore.

Ramon, Dina said her back step wasn't as good, did you feel this at all?

Its good enough! nothing on her should be a complaint! her backstep may not be AS good but everything else is better. Just remember guys...she may play very similar to sophie...but shes Pyrrha! look forward!

Its good enough! nothing on her should be a complaint! her backstep may not be AS good but everything else is better. Just remember guys...she may play very similar to sophie...but shes Pyrrha! look forward!

You probably weren't backdashing correctly, cause her backdash is pretty fast.

You have to use DOA Backdash Cancel. I have a hard time explaining it in text, but they way you would BDC in DOA, which differs from other game's BDC, is like a series of double taps, but on the second tap you hold it back for a moment and then repeat.

@1:23 It will look like that.

well i only said i MIGHT not be that good because i havent tested it...but i know how to back dash cancel :) its how i won in SC4!

Haha, I was only commenting on the fact that it was done a different way than the traditional way of BDC. You don't have to get defensive mang, we know you were a.... winner?

BTW, when you said "MAY" after you pretty much already marked off her backdash as "It's good enough" does not match your meaning of "might" the way you are trying to pass it off as. Now I'm telling and showing you and everyone else that her backdash is good and we can leave it at that. Wasn't trying to argue or prove anyone wrong. haha.

Pyrrha is sounding really good. I just hope that she has got some good stuns attacks and some of her moves have got decent range. But My gosh, She's sounding amazing!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back