Pyrrha Movelist Discussion/Analysis

Status
Not open for further replies.
i wasnt trying to sound defensive and if i did my bad. I was just stating because i really havent messed with her backdash to definitively say its either just as good or better than 4...thats all i meant by it.

Also i now know from the stream last night that she can do 66B(BE) into 22BAK and it all links! fucking christ it does so much damage!

I think she should get Cassandra's Seraphim Hammor, it seems to fit her awkward fighting sense more then the crotch sit or fall-ontop-of-me nonsense.

You probably weren't backdashing correctly, cause her backdash is pretty fast.

You have to use DOA Backdash Cancel. I have a hard time explaining it in text, but they way you would BDC in DOA, which differs from other game's BDC, is like a series of double taps, but on the second tap you hold it back for a moment and then repeat.

@1:23 It will look like that.

wtf, is this new tech in SCV?

are you sure you can't just do it with a single 4-direction tap and cancel with G and repeat? Like in SCIV?

That method worked great for forward and back dashes with Yoshimitsu at SCR, as it does in SCIV.

wtf, is this new tech in SCV?

are you sure you can't just do it with a single 4-direction tap and cancel with G and repeat? Like in SCIV?

That method worked great for forward and back dashes with Yoshimitsu at SCR, as it does in SCIV.

Well, using Sophie in SC4, you could, but I always felt it was real stiff. (overall movement sucked in SC4) Doing the BDC method I use works really well in SC5. It's more fluent and faster than it was in SC4.

Me personally, I don't like the single tap to G method.

Well maybe its cause I for 1 dont use grapples as a main choice for dealing damage and often will finish a fight without using a single grapple. You can be competitive w/o being grab happy or an anklebiter. So if I dont feel like using 1 grab cause id rather my opponent be a female then so be it, I rarely use grabs anyway and theres other 1s to use besides that 1. And I never said I dont like all her grabs, I find the sword falling grab funny
Scrubbiest shit ive ever read on this forum. Ever.

Haven't played a lot of SC recently but got to play V tonight. Pyrrha seemed pretty good. AA,BB,66B,4K,6B+K, 236B,1A (think that was the low),1K all were really solid for me.

Never messed much with Sophie but did she have a command grab that she could combo after? Pretty sure I did 66B+G (maybe was 66A+B) grab (like Cassandras) but was in my last match and was a bit surprised when it happened.

Her B+G grab seems to deal really good damage for some reason : /

Didn't get a lot of chances to experiment because everyone was running Yoshi / Xiba who are really similar to their IV versions (well xiba as killik naturally).

So which Pyrrha is everyone going with? Omega or regular? I was thinking of going with both but I already plan to use Ivy and Natsu and don't want to stretch myself out too thin. Saw Omega in Art's stream this morning and she looked really solid. Not sure which one's better. I know Omega's got TAS, anything else that makes it worth switching?

Also, I wonder if I can re-color Omega Pyrrha to look like Regular Pyrrha. People don't usually look for the character's name and it would be funny if people were fooled by this...

I, for one, will be sticking with the Original/Regular Pyrrha. Omega Pyrrha is cool and everything and I will probably use Omega Pyrrha as my second main but nothing can beat the Original!!

I hear Omega's turning out to be broke. I don't know what Pyrrha has going for her over her omega version. If you know how to play one, you'll pretty much know how to play the other. This isn't the difference between Rock and Astaroth, or Cassandra and Sophie. This is Sophitia and SUPER Sophitia imo anyway.

Omega Pyrrha is pretty much Super Sophitia (or Evil Pyrrha) but she has got a few of Cassandra's SC4 moves, which slightly got me puzzled and I had to think whether or not if I want to main Omega Pyrrha because I used to play with Cass in SC4. But all in all, Pyrrha and Omega Pyrrha differences is slightly the same thing as Ryu and Evil Ryu differences, if that makes sense.

Again, I will be sticking with Pyrrha but If Omega Pyrrha is OP, then it is likely that she might be banned in tournaments.

Pyrrha and Pyrrha Omega are very different from each other. Right now I feel Pyrrha is stronger. We'll see what happens once I get some time to hit the lab.

I'm doing some frames now, they are subject to huge qualifications atm, but feel free to look

will update this post

i11 A
i12 FC A
i13 2A / 6B / K / FC AS B
i14 B / FC B / FC K / AS B/ CE (difficult to test, crushes everything once animation starts.)
i15 1B / WR B / 2K / WR K / 66K
i16 6K / 3K / 4K / BT B+K
i17 WR A / 3B / 1K / 6B+K / A+G_B+G / FC AS A
i18 4A / 3A+B / WR A+B / 66_33_99A+B / AS A
i19 3A
i20 2B+K
i21 6A
i22 JMP K / WR B+K / 44B
i23 66B / JMP B
i24 JMP A / 66B+K
i26 B+K / FC AS K
i27 AS K
i30 1A
i32 4B

A
G: -8
H: +2
CH: +2

AA
G: -6
H: +7
CH: +7

AK
G: -14
H: -2
CH: -2

6A
H: +6
CH: +6

3A

2A
H: +8
CH: +8

1A
G: -22
H: KND
CH: KND

1AA

4A Hits a frame later, recovers a frame sooner at tip
H: +4
CH: +4

4[A] Hits a frame later, recovers a frame sooner at tip
G: -1
H: STN (15)
CH: STN (15)

4AB
G: -14 (Opponent FrC)

4AA

4AAA

FC A

WR A

JMP A
G: -9

B
jG -15

BB
jG: -13
H: 4
CH: 4

BK
G: -10
H: 0
CH: 0

6B
H: 2
CH: 2

6BK

3B
G: -16
H: LNC
CH: LNC

2B

2BB
G:-20

1B

4B
G: 0
H: STN (30+)
CH: STN (30+)

FC B

WR B

JMP B

K

CH: STN

3KK
H: STN
CH: STN

G: -15
H: -1

G: -4

FC K

WR K
G: 0

JMP K
G: -4

3A+B

WR A+B
G: -12

WR [A+B]
G: +14
CH : KND

B+K
G: -12H: -2 (Opponent FrC)
H: -2 (Opponent FrC)
CH: -2 (Opponent FrC)

B+KB
G: -20

6B+K
G: -12

2B+K series
H: -6
CH: KND (-6 on CH of 2nd or 3rd hit, STN on CH of 4th hit only)

66B

66B BE
jG: -17
G: +10

G: -15

33_99K
G: -13

66_33_99A+B

AS A
G: -18

AS AA

AS A BE
jG -27 (or worse)
G: +8
H: LNC (with AC if 1st hit landed)
CH: LNC (with AC if 1st hit landed)

AS B

AS K
G: -27*

CE
G: -17
H:KND
CH:KND

/edit/ Ok I'm done with this for now. I'll come back later and add more if necessary, but I'm going to unlock Ω and start on her info.

did you calculate your frame or reference or just arbitrarily assumed something ?

Assumed 3 moves from the mitsu guide had certain properties, 22A is -1 on guard, A is i13, JMP K is 0 on hit. There are a lot of signs that its at least generally good though, for example 6K, sophie's old 44K has the exact same frames as it did in IV. This game is harder to test than IV because there are more trades and a few more random early/late hits.

/edit/ with some more data I should be able to base it solely on an assumption almost certain to be true, like that pyrrha's 1K is -1 on NH.

You mean from IV? In IV it was i14 from standing and i13 from crouch, same as I've found for V. If you mean before the 1.01 patch, I wouldn't know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back