Pyrrha Ω Gameplay Discussion / Q&A

I'm really sad that they took away 4 B+K from SC 4 sophitia's, it was such a good tech crouch plus wall splat/ ringout move. Any alternative?

I'm really sad that they took away 4 B+K from SC 4 sophitia's, it was such a good tech crouch plus wall splat/ ringout move. Any alternative?

I'm sad too but it's a new game and have to learn new things. I been using 22B as the replacement, especially with how strong verts are in this game.

3A+B has the majority of the good properties 4B+K used to have, use it instead. It does a little less SG and a little slower TC, but has a little more range, slightly faster and does slightly more damage. Also 2 hits are good, opponent trying to jG, if that ever becomes something to worry about, must jG it different from other moves cause of 2nd hit.

I have tried to perform dns b after ns a or dns a but it always fails to connect, even ns b has trouble hitting cause I think it's due to ns a's push back. Any recommendations to the buffering to make dns b hit? I've also have problems doing dns b after wr b and 6K, generally all the dns b follow ups.

hkw. im maining omega atm. come down for sessions and id show you!

i recommend using 66B for combos to drive ppl to the wall. the wall is where omega is a mopsnter

Here's guard crush data. Darius, I wasn't sure where exactly you'd want me to put this so I decided to go with General/Q&A. For now I'm going to stick with mostly the safe moves, with a few unsafes in there.

4[A]A - 5.5
8B+K - 7 (Opponent must block the actual attack, not just the quake)
B+KB - 7
4[A] - 8
4AA - 8
4B - 9
66B - 9
22B - 9
44B+K - 9
6BA+B+K - 10
B+K - 12
6B+K - 12
44A - 12
3A+B - 12.5 (Work a gauge with this, but lay off it when they're red unless you can get a RO)
22A - 13
DNS K - 13
1B - 15
9B - 15
WR K - 15
6K - 16

her AA is plus 8 on hit.......im just gonna let that sink in.....

in other news how do you guys feel about her anti step game? i feel its pretty solid and forces them to be stationary if they are step happy. just curious on others opinions ive been playing algol and that man is step bait outside of just spamming AA and 2A. but Oprah over here has 66a and thats a godsend compared to what ive been having to use

Sorry to ask such a stupid question, but I've been struggling while doing NS_DNS B4 to get the 4 part 100%. I think I've sort of realized you do it as the move hits, but I wondered if there was something I am missing, or a helpful trick other people use. The in-game move list describes a little but I don't find it specific enough to help. If there's nothing to it, I'll just keep practicing but I don't want to find out later that I could've made it way easier on myself hah.

If you can't tell, I'm new to playing SC "properly", but I've been competitive in 2d games where I'm from for awhile.

to get the 4 follow up i have been doing the motion 236 b and as i hit b i let the stick go to neutral then i hit 4 quickly.... there is timing to it but it just takes lots of practice and perseverance

Here's guard crush data. Darius, I wasn't sure where exactly you'd want me to put this so I decided to go with General/Q&A. For now I'm going to stick with mostly the safe moves, with a few unsafes in there.

4[A]A - 5.5
8B+K - 7 (Opponent must block the actual attack, not just the quake)
B+KB - 7
4[A] - 8
4AA - 8
4B - 9
66B - 9
22B - 9
44B+K - 9
6BA+B+K - 10
B+K - 12
6B+K - 12
44A - 12
3A+B - 12.5 (Work a gauge with this, but lay off it when they're red unless you can get a RO)
22A - 13
DNS K - 13
1B - 15
9B - 15
WR K - 15
6K - 16

Thank you sir, I've been posting what I've checked into the wiki page, which I don't think can be navigated to normally yet for some reason (It's here: http://8wayrun.com/wiki/pyrrha-w-frame-data-sc5/ by the way). To the extent I've tested the moves you listed I have similar results. The numbers are not 100% for some reason and I can't figure out why yet. For example I've been able to make 66B break in 8 and 9 in practice, and predictably either way, but again no good reason has come to mind. For now, as long as two results are within 1 of each other I will take the one that is created by repeating the move against opponent's block as fast as possible.

her AA is plus 8 on hit.......im just gonna let that sink in.....

in other news how do you guys feel about her anti step game? i feel its pretty solid and forces them to be stationary if they are step happy. just curious on others opinions ive been playing algol and that man is step bait outside of just spamming AA and 2A. but Oprah over here has 66a and thats a godsend compared to what ive been having to use

I have it as +7, but I'll check again. Anyway I think Ω's anti step is pretty good, she has both the relatively safe poke options to beat it like AA and 66A, which are both relatively quick for the type of tool they are and give a lot of plus on hit, and the unsafe but high damage CH anti step options like 4AB(combos to 83 on CH) and NS A(into CE). I don't think her options debilitate the opponent's step exactly, but they are definitely a cause for their concern.

yea i am of the opinion that step is a lil too strong in this game, thats why im trying to find a char that butchers step prety well. so far im actually liking her and she has enough anti step to keep me satisfied....for now.

Question.

Does DNS B on tip hit cause the same unshakable stun as SCIV TAS B?

I cant test this until I get my copy (12 hours)

...been trying last night, I'd say no... on shallow hit DNS B doesn't DO stun anymore... and will instead 'fall over' stun too quickly for a DNS B:4 to hit. =(

Although from reading bits from this SA... it seems possible to connect a DNS B:4 straight after a DNS A... will test it tonight if I'm able to go on the xbox... >_<

These things you say are mostly correct. I believe after NS A DNS B hits ground hit, but it might be a character by character thing.

...just been trying out the NS A DNS B thing...

...so far, its easier to throw out NS A to NS B..

not been able to pull a DNS B after the NS A, much less a DNSB:4.. >_<

...it could most likely be due to a strict timing after the NS A.. I've just not got the hang of it yet.

Overal, I'm finding the NS/DNS B:4 timing in general is a lot lenient compared to how it was in sC4 though...

A+B is supposed to GI MID/HIGH verts, horizontals and kicks, right? I'm pretty sure the future press book said so.

..... but I've managed to eat every single horizontal and kick from Nightmare that he throws out. Lobbing verticals are easy, but I can't even A+B Nightmare's AA.

I'm probably doinitwrong, but um.... Does this thing work? Is the window for horizontals and kicks extremely small or.. ?

Is there some special effect to Oprah's FC 1B/2B Brave Edges? I really don't see the point in spending meter on them if not...​

Back