Pyrrha Ω Gameplay Discussion / Q&A

A+B is supposed to GI MID/HIGH verts, horizontals and kicks, right? I'm pretty sure the future press book said so.

..... but I've managed to eat every single horizontal and kick from Nightmare that he throws out. Lobbing verticals are easy, but I can't even A+B Nightmare's AA.

I'm probably doinitwrong, but um.... Does this thing work? Is the window for horizontals and kicks extremely small or.. ?

I assume that it works the same way as it did in SC4 where it GI'd all mids. I don't know what the guide says, but just from my experience in trying to use it I noticed that the window is smaller than what I am used to to the point where it's not even worth the risk for me to use because of how high damage is in this game. I'll have to play around with it some more tonight.

Is there some special effect to Oprah's FC 1B/2B Brave Edges? I really don't see the point in spending meter on them if not...​

I have been trying to find some uses for these brave edges, but I don't see the point in wasting the meter to use them, especially when Pyrrha Omega already hits like a truck. With her it's best to save the meter for her critical edge. I can't tell you how many comebacks I was able to make just for having a CE in stock.

I don't know what the guide says, but just from my experience in trying to use it I noticed that the window is smaller than what I am used to to the point where it's not even worth the risk for me to use because of how high damage is in this game. I'll have to play around with it some more tonight.

This.

I'm getting nothing but sadface trying to use that thing. I was originally trying to set up instances where I could tease attacks out of the opponent to try to A+B on anticipation rather than reaction, but I think I got destroyed by every damned Maxi I played trying that more than a few times each round.

I have yet to stop a horizontal or a kick. :\

The auto-GI of her A+B was nerfed severely during that pre-release patch. It also does not GI thrust attacks any longer.

A+B is supposed to GI MID/HIGH verts, horizontals and kicks, right? I'm pretty sure the future press book said so.

..... but I've managed to eat every single horizontal and kick from Nightmare that he throws out. Lobbing verticals are easy, but I can't even A+B Nightmare's AA.

I'm probably doinitwrong, but um.... Does this thing work? Is the window for horizontals and kicks extremely small or.. ?
Only mids, it has never done highs. Also after the patch (dont know about before) it does not GI moves the game considers "thrusts", a set of attacks made up largely of verts and some kicks.

Only mids, it has never done highs. Also after the patch (dont know about before) it does not GI moves the game considers "thrusts", a set of attacks made up largely of verts and some kicks.

Ha. No highs? Who has a keyboard and neglected to read that part before losing ranked matches trying to A+B highs?
<- this guy

I know about thrusts, but for some reason I thought it did highs.....

"thrusts" ?

You mean stabbing motions? like OP PO's 236B?

I normally only use A+B if I think my opponent will 2A as that can lead to CE. I did notice that not all Mids were affected by this and the timing is harsh.

You mean stabbing motions? like OP PO's 236B?

Ya. Thrusts, stabby mids, whatever you want to call them. There have always been a subset of moves that are verticals/kicks that don't count as normal vertical/kicks and go through GIs like A+B. 236B is usually one, but many characters have a 6K/6B/4K/4B that "looks stabby" and goes right through stuff like A+B.

Alight, I'm done working on her wiki for the most part for now. It's still missing some jG and the like. If anyone sees any typos or things they think are errors, please let me know. Mind you I've already been informed where the guide's frames differ from my testing and I've retested to verify their accuracy. Also keep in mind that some moves will apparently break gauge in training mode in different numbers, so as long as your results are within 1 of mine, we are on the same page. anyway here's a link for those who haven;t been there yet.

http://8wayrun.com/wiki/pyrrha-w-frame-data-sc5/

Yeah the A+B GI window is like so small, I find myself mostly using it in blockstrings.

Using it out in the open or even after being put at a frame disadvantage is kinda pointless (as in risky). Even if you succeed you don't even get that big of a damage opportunity....

So after playing the story and unlocking all the characters I figured I should pick one up as a secondary(too many people play Viola now, and she isnt really that great lol). I decided Pyrrha Omega looked pretty good, and I was right.

Does anyone else find the timing for 4B>CE really difficult? If I hit it usually it just does the first hit of the CE. Sucks too because that is a 110 damage combo turned into like 50 damage. I found that using meter on 2B,B BE is pretty awesome as well. Which one do you guys think is a better use of meter?

I also find her 4A+B isnt talked about much. I like it, it catches people off of their guard and it works as a nice punisher. It may have some fatal flaw I do not know about, who knows.

for 4b,ce ... you can literally just mash 236 and a+b+k [assuming u have the button assigned] and it will come out .. similar to just mashing it out like in sf4. pretty dumb mechanic, but I guess namco was trying to dumb down the inputs to cater to new players ?

Is there some special effect to Oprah's FC 1B/2B Brave Edges? I really don't see the point in spending meter on them if not...​

Pretty much what Suriad said, quite pointless as having 3 mimics in the game... >_< lol!

Having said that... I've been running her through training mode for a bit, and I've noticed that the BE variant of the 2BB4 series packs significant punch over its normal one... I mean, DMG of 120+ 112+ (off of a 4[A]) if you get the JF connected as well...

...imho, i think that warrants enough attention to use if you got meter to spare... because that's probably as close we're going to get to the damage of the old legendary sophie TASB (stun) into TASB:4! ^_^

What is the difference in the timing of NS B:4 and DNS B:4?

...no difference imho, i get flamey :4 on both NS & DNS when i press back near enough when she screams... my visual queue would be at the point of when her sword enters their tummy... my thumb should be pressing back.

Each to their own though... and you can only find your own timing through rinsing the move frequently either through practice or actual match.

Hope this helps.. ^_^

...no difference imho, i get flamey :4 on both NS & DNS when i press back near enough when she screams... my visual queue would be at the point of when her sword enters their tummy... my thumb should be pressing back.

Each to their own though... and you can only find your own timing through rinsing the move frequently either through practice or actual match.

Hope this helps.. ^_^
In training I can get it about 45%, in a real fight less than 10 >.< I've practiced it for quite awhile. Other odd thing is I'm more consistent with DNS B:4 than NS B:4. Maybe it's just a mental thing.

Varying buffer windows in the game change the timing you might be used to. I too find I am more accurate with DNS B:4 in training, but it's not borne out in matches.

Strange, that is the case for me too. Is the timing for DNS B:4 slightly easier, or are we just subconsciously trying harder for that extra damage? :P

Back