Pyrrha Ω Gameplay Discussion / Q&A

6B BE has pretty niche uses, I barely ever use it. Though on NH, the second hit can't be GI'd or JG'd so you can use it as an i13 punisher to break guard. For example, say you're fighting Cervantes. It's the last round and his guard is flashing red. You block a 3B. Why not punish with 6B BE and instead of your usual AA for a free guard burst combo.

2B BE is actually pretty good imo, you can use it to fish for counterhits since it's CH confirmable. Plus, you tend to get a little fear advantage when it's blocked. Again, it can be used to break guard since if the opponent doesn't respect the full string, they're eating a CH DNS B and if they do respect it then you can just watch their guard explode.

And you can punish Tira's 3A BE with FC 1B BE. I like doing that.

After actually loading up the game again it appears that 2BB and 2B BE have the same length input windows, so being CH confirmable isn't a special perk specific to the BE version of the attack. It can lead to up to 22 more damage (17 as Elysium) over non BE which is a bit meh as far as BE damage boosts go unless it clean hits, which isn't often. Anyway with that fact about the input window I find it harder to justify using meter for this unless I really want to pressure guard, as with 6B BE.

Also HolyCarp accept my PSN friend request. D:

Also HolyCarp accept my PSN friend request. D:
Sorry, I'm studying again now, so I won't be back on PSN until December.
He's so famous! (That 100 friend limit is so silly)
Ah yeah, I remember you wanted some games before I left, so sorry about that too.

I feel bad for leaving an irrelevant post here so here are some thoughts of the day:
  • DNS goes under all of Raph's post-prep attacks except for SE K. If you can react to the SE transition and interrupt him, this should be a decent option to DNS B punish all unsafe transitions into prep.
  • After using B+G on Hilde, use the 2B followup. Hilde has to stop charging in order to break throws so if you landed a B+G, chances are she tried to break A. Using the B follow up will force her to stop charging B too.
  • If your opponent has no meter left, try to GI them. If you're successful, that's a guaranteed DNS B.

Here some online casuals matches on PSN with french Patroklos player Ryukozan.
(who made in top 8 of the ROF tournament )

We stopped at 15-10 for me.

Sorry, I only could have recorded the last 8 matches. =(

What I think about the Omega - Patroklos MU :

- Patroklos can move whenever he wants all the time ;_;
- I always get stabbed by 66B, what the hell is that ;_;
- He's just doing whatever he wants ;_;, he can.

Just kidding, just attack like a fury and here the results. Lol.

Anyway, just have fun watching, though maybe Alexandra's siblings' fights are not interesting, I guess.

Come on, just enjoy the blood.

Another video.

I'm quite generous.

Here's a FT5 between Minato78 (Hilde) and I.

Unfortunately, I couldn't record all the matches. But it's nice to see Hilde vs Omega.

PS : Here's the second.

Last edited:
When testing stuff for Elysium, there are almost certainly parallels drawn to Pyrrha Omega, so I'll drop this here, too. I was doing some ring out range tests for Pyrrha Omega's and Elysium's stab ATs since their capacity to do so is quite different.

The clip rundowns are as follows:

Clip 1 - since Pyrrha Omega's NS B AT launches so strongly to her left, its RO range when facing the edge directly is somewhat weak. Her AT launching this way means that any prospective wall combos must have a wall to her left to work to their best.

Clip 2 - when the edge is to her left, her AT launching this direction will allow its RO capacity to shine through. This is pretty much the maximum RO range you can get out of it.

Clip 3 - Unlike Pyrrha Omega, Elysium's NS B AT can only RO with the just input version, and it can't generate any wall combos whatsoever. On the upside, Elysium's does more damage, and this AT's ability to RO when facing the edge directly is rather strong since it sends almost directly outwards, and does so quite far. Both NS B's and DNS B's ATs actually launch the victim very slightly to Elysium's right, but for the most part send/RO almost straight outwards.

Clip 4 - Elysium's DNS B just input AT can RO unlike Omega's, but slightly falls short of doing so at this range after having the training dummy scoot forward a half step. However...

Clip 5 - After having the training dummy scoot a whole front step away from the edge starting point, the NS B:4 AT can still RO where the DNS B equivalent cannot, showing that Elysium's NS B:4 has a bit more RO range than her DNS B:4.

Clip 6 - This is approximately the maximum range at which Elysium's DNS B:4 AT can RO. As with her NS B AT, the non-just AT cannot RO, and Pyrrha Omega herself cannot RO with DNS B ATs at all.

Nice Omega! Why not just run rush-attack? 66B and 66A. Blocked 66B has more guard damage than blocked DNS. 66B is a little slower (-2 only on block!), but if you mix it with 66A, they'd have to think twice to side step your rush attack.
And 88A - this has a long range, long enough for most people to underestimate. So if you add it with your 66 rush you would add distance to it and it would hit the opponent from his left side without much notice.
4A is not so bad in catching some sidesteps or if they are not doing anything but sidestepping trying to escape your verticals. Advance players would duck both of these moves but if you do it sparingly, I think it would be safe.
Of course, easier said than done. I'm just not good at 236236 motion and tech trap techniques, so I do these simpler moves more often. Just sayin'. Just sayin'.
I'm a scrub on XBL hehe.. but I play for fun. And Omega has some powerfull moves I don't need many hits to kill.

Congratulations to Partisan for his 2nd place in the NEC Tournament.

Shoutouts to you, dear friend. You did really well. A really nice and inspiring Pyrrha Omega for everyone.

I'm really happy to have seen you played again. It gave me motivation to play her again for tournaments in France as well.

Hello guys :)

I have a question about connecting 236236:B after NS/DNS A.

When am I supposed to be doing the 236236 motion for this combo? Everytime I try it, it always comes out as 236. Same think when I try to combo it with 4B+K.

Also, what's the match up between aPat and Poe?

Hi, Pyrrus.

Mmmh, I'm sorry, it's kind hard to tell exactly when you have to do the 236236.
But I do think you might be do it too early. You ought to try different timings.
I learned it only with training, so I won't be able to say it in theory. Haha.

For the Alpha - Omega MU, I believe for a 6-4 for Alpha.

Hi, Pyrrus.

Mmmh, I'm sorry, it's kind hard to tell exactly when you have to do the 236236.
But I do think you might be do it too early. You ought to try different timings.
I learned it only with training, so I won't be able to say it in theory. Haha.

For the Alpha - Omega MU, I believe for a 6-4 for Alpha.

You were right. I went to training and what I noticed is that you have to wait till the animation for 236 A is done and then go for it. I like to buffer it a tad bit early so I can be sure to get DNS. It's so easy to screw up though haha.

No wonder fighting aPat is such a bitch. Have you got any anti apat tips?

No wonder fighting aPat is such a bitch. Have you got any anti apat tips?

I'll try.

Zone him (preferably out of 8A+B,A range if possible). Nothing's going to get you and you can whiff punish with DNS B. Of course this relies on the Alpha player being terribly impatient (>_>). If that's not the case then you're both not going to hit each other anyway.

If you're in 33B range generally you'd want to step (left, things don't track well that way). His verticals are more painful than his horizontals + kicks. Beware full meter though. His CE connects with some on CH.

And if you're in Throw/1A range use a jump attack (instead of ducking). Not really much he can do to counter those without being massively unsafe.

I agree with thenewperson, the best option is the zoning and to poke againt Alpha.

In theory, he has best mix-up, more damages option, better throw, better RO ability, safe, better in poking...which are compensated by the extreme execution requirement.

Try to upset your opponent so that he'll miss the JF for the combo ! (Lame right..but I can't think of better things!)

Oh yeah, in order to increase Omega's potentiality, try to JG Alpha's FC 3B:B, or to step his FC3B:B BE.

In final rounds, always stay out his 2A or jumb ! Don't give him free rounds with his 2A CE ! Like thenewperso said, Alpha won't do huge damage when he gets counter on jump moves.

Yea very frustrating playing against good Alpha. I just play patience and keep distance and try to reach in with DNS B and 88 A. In another word, play turtle!

It's still very hard for me to connect DNS B after the A (or after 88/22 B). I just do NS B 4. If you're close enough, wouldn't NS B 4 get more damage?

It's still very hard for me to connect DNS B after the A (or after 88/22 B). I just do NS B 4. If you're close enough, wouldn't NS B 4 get more damage?

No, DNS B will do more on the off chance that it hits properly (ie DNS B4 + AT). But yeah, use NS B if you can get the AT consistently. It has more dmg potential anyway.

Back