Pyrrha Ω Gameplay Discussion / Q&A

[quote="...for comparison, pyrrha's is exactly when it hits them.[/quote]
huh?
I need some type of reference in her movement to do jf. Sometimes I did it in a row, but sometimes not. I figured some inconsistencies were due to the shitty d-pad of xbox controller being one piece so I accidentaly hit 1 or 7 direction.

66B, B+K spikes the opponent making them unable to tech. 66B is a must block after it (They can't roll it, stay down, or get up and GI/JG). You can also do throws (Tricky to time because it requires a delay) or 4B once they start getting up.

Not sure how well known this is, but I haven't seen it posted about before. This is great if the opponent's guard is about to break or if you just want to apply additional mindgame pressure.

66B and another 66B, opponent has to block also. Then you can mix the second 66B for a grab or a way to get closer. Simple mind game.

Thanks Jay. I was hoping if anyone knows her step or her shield position or whatever that I can reference to to input 4 for jf.

Ok, did anyone test out her A+B properties? I'm trying to use it against Maxi stance bullshit and it feels like it loses to everything

4K counter hit feels pretty good. So far, I haven't found a way to stack this stun (ala Natsu's meterless combos), with her other options. I don't think she has one.

From what I've found, Omega tends to have a lot of stuns on normal and counter hit. So it seems like the best strategy (outside of punishing) is to fish for counter hits with her wide variety of stun-based moves and follow up with her NS B and DNS B.

Question is... how do I get the enemy to attack when I have the advantage so they eat a counter hit? As far as I can tell, she doesn't have many options for frame traps/positives on block.

Question is... how do I get the enemy to attack when I have the advantage so they eat a counter hit?
Destroy their gauge or apply throw pressure (Especially her B+G grab since if the whole thing connects it's an untechable knockdown and you can do all kinds of stuff from those) if they don't want to attack. 66B and 4B are your friends. Start throwing out 4A stuff or throws once they start stepping (Or 66A if they have a TC option from 8WR). Remember to apply pressure on wakeup too with stuff like 66B, 44B+K, 8B+K, and throws.

As for CH 4K, you don't really need stackable stun combos when you can just do DNS B:4 after it for 90 damage (Or NS B:4 for wallsplat/ringout).

I learned that 3K is one good way to bait. It seems to have the advantage when blocked - whether it is minus or plus - it seems the animation ends faster to catch enemy off guard. If your 3K hits air it's even faster to follow with another attack. I.e. 3K ~ with BB seems working a lot of times.
4BK unblockable is also another way. This UB attack is so slow you will probably never hit the enemy with this attack. But the good thing is you have a lot of time to cancel the execution, depending on your enemy reaction.

Ok, did anyone test out her A+B properties? I'm trying to use it against Maxi stance bullshit and it feels like it loses to everything
Yes, it's a tiny window [4-9] and like pyrrha's it doesn't GI thrusts, but otherwise does all mids the same way as in 4(different response depending on type of move GIed).

Can I get some advice on oki? Whenever I get my opponent down I'll punish those that tech roll often or stay on the ground with a 66B or something. Some characters like Algol with a quick WR move though make me hesitate, and I end up guarding until they get up and I lose my 50/50. Are there some things I should be more threatening on oki?

Idk what the hell happened but my post got deleted. @Suirad Im starting to the I made a mistake about the Jf CE as I can't replicate it training. Im pretty sure I saw the white flash when I first saw it. If someone with execution that's not butt like mine could try it please.

For anyone having trouble doing DNS B on stick, I found a way to do it reliably:
2364236B
ever since I added the inbetween the steps I've had 100% execution with it. :)

Turn up the TV volume and then close your eyes and practice NS_DNS B:4. Now that you can no longer try to rely on a visual cue, you find - at least in my experience - that you focus more on the sound and rhythm of the control stick. Been doing this since the weekend and my success rate has shot up. Also, try doing things like QS > NS B, backstep > NS B, and crouch > NS B.

Just picking up this character, and I hate to be 'this guy', but DNS is a real bitch.

Like, I can do it with 100% consistency on the 2P side of the screen. 100%. But on the 1P side of the screen I have a literal success rate of 0%.

On the 2P side, with my 100% success rate, it says my inputs are 236233A/B/K. If I do this thing on the 1P side, the inputs read the same, but the results I get are either just a single step or fucking nothing happens at all. I'll do the input and just get a shuffle or something.

I don't get what the fuck is going on and it's making me excessively furious because it makes effectively zero sense. And the 236~5~3 input tip for it isn't helping, nor is 2364236B

Since I've gotten used to throwing out DNS B all the time and at high speeds, this move feels really broken. 80 damage plus great wake-up from a fairly long ranged fast move. It can even re-track if you do it right (It can also tech crouch and even super tech crouch before the B is input). There is pretty much never a bad time to do this move.

Actually, as a whole, PO seems ridiculously good now that I've gotten reasonably good with her. Where would you guys put her in the tier list? Her only weaknesses IMO are her poor throw range and risky step catchers.

Oh, and does anyone here use her 4K? I almost never use it.

Nine-L I have a similar problem with DNS attack inputs from 1P side. It owes largely to how I hold the D-pad. With practice and over-doing the motion(try to start your motion say from 1 instead of 2) you can decrease the side-dependency significantly. It also seems like changing thumb placement on the d-pad can help too, but I won't get too much into detail with that since its probably a person by person thing anyway.

Paragon. It's still somewhat early to be getting to tiers I think, not only has the game been out for only a couple months, but it was patched recently too. I suspect that when the dust settles Ω will be a high-mid tier character like sophie was in IV, running train over unsafe lower tier characters with her powerful punishment game and having to work significantly harder versus characters with good movement, general poke safety and block mix-up potential because of the strength of the guard button against her. I don't think she can be lower than mid tier because she hits too hard and solid damage output almost uniformly makes a character viable(for example SC IV Cervantes).

I'm not sure how jG will play into all that though, she appears to be a character that can take advantage of more jGs than other characters can, owing again to good punishment options, but might be somewhat susceptible to random jGs herself.

As for 4K I don't think very much of it. The reward is too low for use outside of CH and i20 linear highs aren't really the prototype of a good CH garnering move. However, Bean has in the punishment thread a couple situationally useful places for it from what I gathered skimming his posts.

Nine-L I have a similar problem with DNS attack inputs from 1P side. It owes largely to how I hold the D-pad. With practice and over-doing the motion(try to start your motion say from 1 instead of 2) you can decrease the side-dependency significantly. It also seems like changing thumb placement on the d-pad can help too, but I won't get too much into detail with that since its probably a person by person thing anyway.

Thanks for the response. Unfortunately it's not entirely applicable to me since I play on stick... Never really tried to play this game on pad. But I'll try your advice of over doing it.

I don't really get it though, the speed with which I execute it feels exactly the same. I almost think I'm like one frame off when I swing it to the right as opposed to the left and I just can't clear that hurdle or something.

Strange, I find myself more confident with 1P side, failed DNS Bs usually occur on 2P side for me. Sometimes I just practice nothing but the 236236 motion for a few minutes, on both 1P and 2P sides, though I generally try to practice more on my weaker side.

As for tier placement, yeah, too early I think, especially given the patch. I think we'll have a good understanding of things by the time EVO rolls around, though. I don't think she's as straightforward a character as some might think.

omega is very good.

throw a lot, especially b throw. 2k a lot. 11a is also good.

make them crouch. then hesitate and go mid. 4b is good for this. as is dns b. i try to use 4b as much as i can get away with, its a powerful move. guard crush is crazy and +2 mid. another underused move is 9 b+k...does a lot of guard bar and gives free stab on quakestun. basically safe as well, like -12 and forces crouch...

if they wanna step do dns a. 22b is a good move to use when at slight disadvantage/advantage, does lots of guard damage & is safe & u get free dns b or 66b at max range, yeah its a high but who cares, if they start ducking do dns b and put the fear of god into them.

Back