Pyrrha Ω Gameplay Discussion / Q&A

Here's something I haven't seen anyone mention before:

The "Jump K" on 236 5 2_8 K is different than regular 7_8_9K. When used out of the sidestep, jump K gains a few interesting properties.

Firstly, it causes a techable knockdown on both NH and CH.

Secondly, it causes a Force Crouch on block.

The default "direction" for this kick seems to be equivalent to 8K, which is to say that the attack has no inherent forward movement built into it.

Leads to a few small tech traps near walls and edges. Nothing terribly exciting in terms of damage.

Maybe it's just me, but I find buffering DNS B really awkward from FC (like after blocking Yoshi FC 3K for example). I tend to get NS B or a load of random twitching into NS B.

Had a play in training and realised it's easier to DNS B punish lows if you duck using 1G instead of 2G.

Using 236B4 is sometimes tricky for wall combos because it requires a frontal hit in order for the attack throw to connect.

After some lab time, I believe I have found the optimal non-stab, meterless ender for wall combos.

(Stuff), w!, 6K, 88B+K

The 88 is important here because it tech traps all directions for decent damage on a no tech, and around 40 damage against a tech.

An easy way to remember the correct direction is to always quickstep towards Pyrrha's shield side.

Share your ideas so we can find the best combo possible!

If you catch a tech with 88B+K near a wall you should be able to combo DNS B off it for more damage.
What about stuff W! → 66K W! → 66B+KAB → DNS B?

It's worth pointing out that after a stab wallsplat, you have time to take a quick sidestep before the second stab, allowing you to realign yourself to the ideal position and end the combo with something decent. In other words:

236B > W! > 85236B > W! > 66B+KAB etc

You can also use 852BB for a bit of extra damage. But be aware that these combos become more awkward on the 2P side.

Also bear in mind that if you get the JF stab (236B:4 > W!) you can end the combo with 4B even if they get splatted face first.

However if you do get the non-JF stab and they're splatted face first then I have no idea what the best option is. I'd generally end the combo with 66B since (I think) it does more damage than 6K if they don't tech (88B+K is my standard follow up to CH 6K so my opponents generally won't tech here).

One final option (which I never use but it seemed viable in training) is to use 88K for a reset, making sure to step in the correct direction to have the wall face-on. 88K keeps them backturned so you can either go for a grab or try to wallsplat them again with 663K if you think they'll duck, or 66K if you think they'll only twitch duck or mash out BT B+K.

What about stuff W! → 66K W! → 66B+KAB → DNS B?
Seditious was referring to that awkward angle at which "stuff" wallsplats them face first and far away. 66K would either fail to wallsplat or just whiff.
Unless you were just suggesting that in general you substitute your second stab with 66K (though I'd use 66B since 66K has a tendency to randomly decide not to wallsplat in combos, and moar damage)? But you often don't need to do this if you're confident with sidestep into stab/2BB.

tl;dr - there is no tl;dr, maximising W! damage is situational and requires a wall of text.

Last edited:
If you catch a tech with 88B+K near a wall you should be able to combo DNS B off it for more damage.
stuff W! → 66K W! → 66B+KAB → DNS B?

I'll give that a shot in training mode today.

It's worth pointing out that after a stab wallsplat, you have time to take a quick sidestep before the second stab, allowing you to realign yourself to the ideal position and end the combo with something decent. In other words:

236B > W! > 85236B > W! > 66B+KAB etc

You can also use 852BB for a bit of extra damage. But be aware that these combos become more awkward on the 2P side.

I didn't know it was possible to sidestep here. That's pretty handy for landing the second NS B if the first one was perpendicular to a wall. I'll definitely practice up on that.

However if you do get the non-JF stab and they're splatted face first then I have no idea what the best option is. I'd generally end the combo with 66B since (I think) it does more damage than 6K if they don't tech (88B+K is my standard follow up to CH 6K so my opponents generally won't tech here).

3B, DNS B does more damage than 66B, I believe. 6K, 88B+K does slightly less damage, but gives better wakeup in my opinion. Since there is no air control, the opponent must have the presence of mind not to tech until after 88B+K connects (and Pyrrha can still use throws to tech trap here).

One final option (which I never use but it seemed viable in training) is to use 88K for a reset, making sure to step in the correct direction to have the wall face-on. 88K keeps them backturned so you can either go for a grab or try to wallsplat them again with 663K if you think they'll duck, or 66K if you think they'll only twitch duck or mash out BT B+K.

I like this setup on paper, but I think I'd rather use 66A for a reset due to the amazingly good frame advantage, plus it keeps Poe right up next to her opponent, rather than at that hazy "throws might land" range that 88K can leave you at.

Seditious was referring to that awkward angle at which "stuff" wallsplats them face first and far away. 66K would either fail to wallsplat or just whiff.
Unless you were just suggesting that in general you substitute your second stab with 66K (though I'd use 66B since 66K has a tendency to randomly decide not to wallsplat in combos, and moar damage)? But you often don't need to do this if you're confident with sidestep into stab/2BB.

Right you are.

It's usually obvious whether or not NS B is going to fail to land frontally, so it's entirely possible to hit confirm into a different string in this case. Practice is key.

Last edited:
3B, DNS B does more damage than 66B, I believe.
Just tested a few different wall combos and 66B as an ender always did 2 extra damage compared to 3B, so nothing too significant here, or at least in the ones I tested.

I like this setup on paper, but I think I'd rather use 66A for a reset due to the amazingly good frame advantage, plus it keeps Poe right up next to her opponent, rather than at that hazy "throws might land" range that 88K can leave you at.
Hmm, 66A could be necessary against characters with a "fuck my frames, YOLO BT B+K win button" since it's +6 compared to 88K being +4, but I'd still prefer 88K because the sidestep will reposition you to a place where 66K wallsplats. It's hard to get the ideal positioning with 889A.
66K > W! > 85236B > W! > 66B+KAB > DNS B does well over 100 dmg so you wanna be in the right position.

I never go for the reset since I tend to prefer guaranteed damage to setups, but I don't see why it couldn't be used.

Just tested a few different wall combos and 66B as an ender always did 2 extra damage compared to 3B, so nothing too significant here, or at least in the ones I tested.
2 damage isn't a bit deal, but just out of curiosity, what *exactly* was the combo you used for the test?

Hmm, 66A could be necessary against characters with a "fuck my frames, YOLO BT B+K win button" since it's +6 compared to 88K being +4, but I'd still prefer 88K because the sidestep will reposition you to a place where 66K wallsplats. It's hard to get the ideal positioning with 889A.
66K > W! > 85236B > W! > 66B+KAB > DNS B does well over 100 dmg so you wanna be in the right position.

I never go for the reset since I tend to prefer guaranteed damage to setups, but I don't see why it couldn't be used.

Makes sense. I hadn't considered the possibility of re-aligning for a second wall combo.

Personally, I'd be more interested in getting side/back throw setups for a reset, which is why I'd take the extra frame advantage. 66A leaves them back turned when NS B4 makes them splat face-first. In this case, anyone without the ability to break back grabs is in big trouble.

2 damage isn't a bit deal, but just out of curiosity, what *exactly* was the combo you used for the test?
Umm, I can't really remember. I tested about three combos, I'd guess they might have been:
NS B4 > W! > NS B4 > W! > 3_66B
NS B4 > W! > 3_66B
NS B:4 > W! > 3_66B

I hate testing wall combos since there are so many different options with JFs, clean hits, side/back turned damage bonus, etc.

Makes sense. I hadn't considered the possibility of re-aligning for a second wall combo.

Personally, I'd be more interested in getting side/back throw setups for a reset, which is why I'd take the extra frame advantage. 66A leaves them back turned when NS B4 makes them splat face-first. In this case, anyone without the ability to break back grabs is in big trouble.
Are you sure you can get a backgrab with 66A? I remember (very briefly) testing the 66A reset and it seemed as though by holding block, the opponent turns it into a sidegrab and therefore has a 50/50 chance of breaking it. If I just wasn't timing my 66A correctly and you can indeed get a backgrab from it, then yeah, I can see why you prefer 66A; but if all we're talking about is a 2 frame difference then I'd much prefer adding shitloads of damage to my anti-duck option.

...not sure why I'm arguing. I don't even use this setup :P

last time someone told me that 23653 can be used to do DNS B, and I said I couldn't get it to work on joystick, turns out there is a shortcut for arcade stick, it's 23623.

just wondering about the combo listing for 22_88A, the follow up after this move, 3B seems to do more damage than 44k and doesn't send my opponent away too far, yet it's not listed as an option, is there a reason why? is it inconsistent against opponents or something?

3B whiffs off of 22A or 88A (can't recall which one atm) making it a somewhat inconsistent choice mid stage.

44K, 1B and 2K I guess work consistently as combo follow-ups.

any arcade stick guy here? I really need to know how to do the 236B 4 and 236236B 4, I have much easier time pressing that 4 on pad than arcade stick, but I only play this game on arcade stick.

any arcade stick guy here? I really need to know how to do the 236B 4 and 236236B 4, I have much easier time pressing that 4 on pad than arcade stick, but I only play this game on arcade stick.
I think you just really need to get used to it. I don't really feel there's a trick to it.

just to confirm, the 236b4 normal followup not the jf followup, it is right at the moment of impact right? or is it right before the sword touches?

btw, can you buffer DNS at all? I just saw the frame data again and noticed that DNS is 236 during NS, so it seems to me if I am to combo into DNS B, I have to wait for omega to return to neutral then do the 236236 so that pyrrha can enter NS then DNS moves will come out. is this correct?

Last edited:
just to confirm, the 236b4 normal followup not the jf followup, it is right at the moment of impact right? or is it right before the sword touches?
I have played in a while I'll let someone else answer that lol.

btw, can you buffer DNS at all? I just saw the frame data again and noticed that DNS is 236 during NS, so it seems to me if I am to combo into DNS B, I have to wait for omega to return to neutral then do the 236236 so that pyrrha can enter NS then DNS moves will come out. is this correct?
I'm pretty what happens is this: you don't need to wait for neutral, you need to wait for 236 to come out. Both 236s will try to come out, but B will take priority over the second 236. It's a matter of timing. Hit B "late" so that it comes out after the second 236.

ah alright I see now, when I combo using DNS B, I just do 236 after a move, wait for it to come out, then do 236 B and I get DNS B. this makes life easier, but I still can't do it after 22B, 3B, 66K.

The 4 follow-up works when you push 4 the moment of impact.

In order to to DNS B after 22B, 3B, 66K, here's a tip.

Hit with 66K, buff 2363B when Omega lands her feet and stands.
It's the same with all her launchers.

Back