Pyrrha Ω Gameplay Discussion / Q&A

There is some execution requirement for moves such as NS:B, DNS B:4, connecting NS/DNS A with NS:B:4. For the most courageous one who'd like to try punishing ducked throws with DNS B lol.

As her main strenght is her game punishment, that you can improve with Just Guard, it'd be the best if you can master the DNS B:4 buffering when you make your opponent whiff.

She does not open the guard as easily as Pyrrha because she has the extra damage for each move, while the regular opens quite easily but does pokes compared to Omega.
Pyrrha Omega does good damage guard so I recommend to use her tools like 66B, 1B, 44A, DNS A, DNS B, 4B.

Maybe it's because I play her very defensively so from my point of view, the technical part is to be able to make the opponent whiff and to punish. She can be played very aggressively in CAC, with her throws and to damage the guard gauge.

I'd like to have Partisan's opinion, since he plays Omega completely the opposite of me. Haha.

Last edited:
Does anyone have any hints for the Omega - Yoshimitsu MU and what to do ?
What would you recommend as a strategy ? I know that close range shoud be avoided as much as possible.
Let me know !

What would you recommend as a strategy ? I know that close range shoud be avoided as much as possible.
Let me know !
Okay so I just finished watching the Yoshi set and I'm not a pyrrha omega player myself but from what I saw you were playing a bit too scared. I would like to have seen more grabs and 4b (I saw tons of BB AA but it's hard to win with BB and AA only against Yoshi.)

No need to respect iMCF as much as you did, it's not as scary as you think (I know Keysona didn't respect iMCF lol.) Maybe saving 1k for end-game scenarios and using more grabs during the middle or start of rounds would have been a good idea?

Also more side-stepping would have been nice, he was playing a bit linear at times and loved to use yoshi 33b/66b (I know FC 3k is a good step-killer but he was using it more as a mix-up tool than a movement catch.)

PS: More DNS B!!

Let me know !
That's one of Yoshimitsu's hardest matchups, one where he has a disadvantage in the neutral game, gets punished for doing things that aren't pokes, and iMCF doesn't establish that much control (i14 BB).
-Use DNS B, he can't punish it or even really force a mixup after it
-Stay on the ground for the unblockable traps, except for the slow 236B spinning one, forward roll that and boom you just gimped his damage
-Duck and punish
-AA punish 8_9K, 66A, 66B
-Play the neutral game and win easily

Thank you, guys. I'll definitely remember your advices.
Coming back from the retreat is not that easy, so practice will raise me up.

@Signia : I guess I really suck and need some training. Thanks for reminding me the MU.

@Blueboyb: Yes, looks like I respect my opponents way too much. And I got upset on Happy's gameplay. There are some times where I could punish his Yoshi very badly, have I stayed more patient.

In any case, I've been practicing on what you have recommended me, plus some Just Guard, some punishment; and what could be done. But the main thing is that Happy doesn't respect anything, so as long as I keep that in mind, and that I do not have to be so respectful either, I'll catch up and get leveled up.

I'll do my best !

@Blueboyb : While you are here, what is your opinion of Omega-Patroklos MU ? I'll attend the 3rd ROF and a lot of Patroklos' player are expected (at least Keysona and Rufus). What do you do ?

@Blueboyb : While you are here, what is your opinion of Omega-Patroklos MU ? I'll attend the 3rd ROF and a lot of Patroklos' player are expected (at least Keysona and Rufus). What do you do ?

I believe the MU is slightly in Pat's favor. Both of them have great damage but it's a little bit easier for Pat to get his damage thanks to alot of his moves linking into CE (Execution wise Pat also doesn't depend on many JFs besides the aGI glitch to get his damage as well.) Speaking of the aGI glitch that seems like it would give Omega some problems as well.

Pat has the advantage when it comes to things like Damage, ROs, and okizeme. But omega can counter that with her superior punishment, whiff-punishment, and guard damage. 5.5-4.5 in Pat's favor IMO thanks to his superior step-killers and the fact that he is much easier to play overall (Execution wise) which lets you focus on other things.

My advice to you in this MU is to take advantage of your great punishment/whiff punishment and bait out some moves from Pat and punish hard. Don't be afraid to start stacking up some guard damage as well (WATCH out for the aGI glitch when you do this!!!) With good JGs whiff punishment, and block punishment this MU shouldn't seem too hard!

PS: Don't be afraid to THROW! Throws are broken! (Keysona loved to throw, LP loved to throw, look where that got them!)

Oh yeah, I used to hate the Yoshimitsu MU. It's in Omega's favour though (imo at least).

I'd advise you play as lame as possible. In other words, take the life lead and then run away like a Cervy player. If you have the life lead, you have little reason to approach him. He also has a hard time catching your backstep, so space him out with pokes like 6K and 3A+B, which have huge pushback. 6K into backstep shuts down pretty much all the options he has. He can kill your backstep with 44b:B (if he messes up the execution, free stab) or 66B. However, since he has to take a slight step forward before 66B, he gives up his frame advantage, making him vulnerable to 6K into mashing, or 6K into sidestep, or even 6K into G. So yeah, abuse the pushback pokes (6K, 3A+B, 6BB, etc).

@Signia, am I forgetting anything? I think he can also catch her with the tip of 66A too, if he wants to take a risk.

Omega can really control the spacing in this MU. You can stop a lot of his run in attempts with mid range pokes like AA, BB, 22K, 4A, etc, whereas he has to respect your get-in attempts since he can't really punish DNS B or 66A. For some reason, his AA seems to become i13 at range, which means he can't punish 66A or WR B+K. So WR B+K/throw mixups are always an option if you want.

Speaking of the aGI glitch that seems like it would give Omega some problems as well.
Personally I think the aGI is more of a pain for certain other characters than Omega. It stops her using 66B, but then again, so does sidestep. The aGI loses to thrusts and kicks, so you could DNS B for stupid damage, or stick with 6K spam for a lower risk option (though bear in mind that Pat only punishes DNS B with a single B if he doesn't CE).

6K is definitely your friend in this MU: to discourage mashing, B+K, A+B and backstep. It's also a good spacing tool because similar shenanigans that applied to Yoshi apply here (but unfortunately, if Pat reads your backstep, 66B really hurts).

One other thing I'd say is that his high damage stuff is pretty slow.
44A = i20
66B = i21
1B = i21

Don't let him use them as though they're pokes because not only do they do stupid damage, but they provide no reward for blocking them. I like to interrupt him if he's going for these options too often, and when you get him using faster pokes like 4K, you can get better use out of JG/GI. And funnily enough, DNS actually STCs all three of the above attacks, so there's that :P

Okay, thank you very much.

Now, while we are it, do you have any ideas for Omega -Hilde and Omega - Maxi ? Sawazuma and Kamichang will be here !

Oh yeah, I used to hate the Yoshimitsu MU. It's in Omega's favour though (imo at least).

I'd advise you play as lame as possible. In other words, take the life lead and then run away like a Cervy player. If you have the life lead, you have little reason to approach him. He also has a hard time catching your backstep, so space him out with pokes like 6K and 3A+B, which have huge pushback. 6K into backstep shuts down pretty much all the options he has. He can kill your backstep with 44b:B (if he messes up the execution, free stab) or 66B. However, since he has to take a slight step forward before 66B, he gives up his frame advantage, making him vulnerable to 6K into mashing, or 6K into sidestep, or even 6K into G. So yeah, abuse the pushback pokes (6K, 3A+B, 6BB, etc).

@Signia, am I forgetting anything? I think he can also catch her with the tip of 66A too, if he wants to take a risk.

Omega can really control the spacing in this MU. You can stop a lot of his run in attempts with mid range pokes like AA, BB, 22K, 4A, etc, whereas he has to respect your get-in attempts since he can't really punish DNS B or 66A. For some reason, his AA seems to become i13 at range, which means he can't punish 66A or WR B+K. So WR B+K/throw mixups are always an option if you want.

Oh she always gets away for free with even slightly good spacing after those moves, especially 66A+B. It's a really bad idea for Yoshi to try and catch her movement recovery, not even 44b:B is enough. Instead I either run after her and mix up, or stand relatively still and bait pokes from disadvantage. Yoshi has to move closer to reach after everything, really. The matchup is constantly in the neutral game for this reason, and Omega has an easier time there.

This match shows you how it should play out. I could have done a lot better had I whiff punished better, though. Take note of Partisan's backstep-sidestep-attacking, that's a great way to zone Yoshi out, and the Yoshi player always has to do awkward counter-measures to stop it.

Personally I think the aGI is more of a pain for certain other characters than Omega. It stops her using 66B, but then again, so does sidestep. The aGI loses to thrusts and kicks, so you could DNS B for stupid damage, or stick with 6K spam for a lower risk option.

I think the aGI gives Omega major headaches if used correctly. It aGIs every mid horizontal and almost every mid vertical she has except 4b and DNS B . (BB, 2a, 3b, b+k, 1b, 3a+b, 66b, 66a, 2b, 44b+k, wr b, etc just to name a couple.) Those are some good moves man!

Oh she always gets away for free with even slightly good spacing after those moves, especially 66A+B.
Oh, I should have mentioned that I was talking about when the pokes are blocked from a point-blank range. If you're not brushing foreheads then yeah Omega can generally backstep for free.

I think the aGI gives Omega major headaches if used correctly. It aGIs every mid horizontal and almost every mid vertical she has except 4b and DNS B . (BB, 2a, 3b, b+k, 1b, 3a+b, 66b, 66a, 2b, 44b+k, wr b, etc just to name a couple.) Those are some good moves man!
Actually, you make a good point. And considering how the glitch gives it such broken meterless (actually, meter-gaining) damage just for countering a single poke, I can see how it could really help with the mindgames. I guess I've never had a Pat player abuse it in a serious match so I hadn't considered it... And of course, there's the fact that I spam 6K (a delayed 6K has nice tracking properties too so it can be an answer to almost anything).

Okay, thank you very much.

Now, while we are it, do you have any ideas for Omega -Hilde and Omega - Maxi ? Sawazuma and Kamichang will be here !
Really? That's awesome!
Unfortunately I have very little MU experience against both of those characters, so you'll probably already know more than I do, but I'll list a couple of things that come to mind...

With Maxi, it's worth familiarising yourself with how to deal with all his basic strings (e.g. you can JG RO KK but still react to him doing RO KA) just so you don't ever get gimmicked out. I also found a nice punish the other day:
If he uses LO BK, TC the second hit with NS A. It will catch him at the angle where NS A combos into DNS B:4 for 95 meterless damage! :D

If he lands his right side grab, TECH BACKWARDS then duck. The grab usually combos and tech traps into BL K BE, but Omega's tiny hitbox can escape it.

And a more general rule: step to your right. Otherwise you'll end up eating a lot of 6A+B, amongst other stuff like 66B+K. And watch out for WR B+K, of course. It sometimes tracks and it's safe on block, so I'd suggest interrupting when you expect it, or just backing off then whiff punishing with DNS B.

As for Hilde... She can't punish 66A or DNS B so Omega has an easier time getting in than most characters. Again, her lack of an i12 punisher allows you to run 33K/throw mixups and you have 66A to make her stand still and respect your mixups. On the subject of throws, B+G 2B is pretty annoying for her, because if you landed a B grab, she probably tried to break A (and therefore stopped charging A), so if you then use the B follow up, she either takes the damage, or stops charging B too. Also, grab spam is pretty legit when she doesn't have meter for a CE punish, I think the best thing she gets on a ducked grab is 6AKA (not scary damage and negative on hit).

C2A is probably the hardest part of this MU. Anti-step, anti-duck, anti-YOLOmashing, and the nature of charging can make her C2A timing unpredictable at times and therefore hard to GI consistently. I think JG is generally the safest answer if you start to predict her C2As, but remember that it's only -15 on JG. So if you wanna get greedy with your punish, your DNS B buffer has to be TIGHT (I just opt for regular stab).

You really have to think quickly when up close because a lot of Hilde's attacks have really short blockstun, so if you don't commit to a read immediately, she'll probably get away with mashing or moving at disadvantage despite you trying to counter it. For example, both 66K into backstep and 66K into 2A lose to DNS B if you blocked the 66K up close, but when under pressure, the blockstun is so short that it's hard to judge the range and act accordingly before you lose your frame advantage.

And then there's the obvious stuff, like baiting out whiffs at mid range, punishing 22B, using JG or A+B on unsafe charge strings, and breaking A grabs when she has 1.5+ meter.

Edit: oh, and I don't recommend applying RO pressure on her unless she has a big life lead and you need to steal the round.
B+G = reverse RO
A+G BE = reverse RO
3B BE = reverse RO
3A = aGI on mids... then reverse RO

Last edited:
^ Don't forget that Hilde can land C2A or whatever she was charging as a whiff punish when she ducks grabs!

Are there any tools Pyrrha Omega should be utilizing more often than others during her neutral?

1B does guard damage and has a crouching recovery. It shouldn't get whiff punished by highs. Not really sure if it beats step ~ throw. It's a pretty good move on paper though. Also, I stole this tip from Partisan.

1B won't get whiff punished by high, but by mid. I think it actually beats step ~ throw/high.
And this move is a decent poke on the ground, I like to use it over 2K.

@Loryuo : You could add
- 1B
- 22_88K
- 9K (good frametrap, I swear),
- 1K (for ending a round or if you're confident to start a mindgame with)
- 6BB/6B/6B BE strings

By the way, does anyone have some hints for Omega - Nightmare MU ? Let's save that it's in Omega's favor.
I'd like to what she should do, along with punishing Nightmare's unsafe moves ?

Back