Pyrrha Q&A/General DiscussionThread

Watch any video of the player called "Ramon" Pyrrha was practically hand tailored to his playstyle.
Thanks for the fast answer mate! Forgive me for the dumb question. This is all your fault though! /pyrrhaRP :>

Thanks for the fast answer mate! Forgive me for the dumb question. This is all your fault though! /pyrrhaRP :>

as an alternative, you can also checking out something unique's pyrrha, he usually places high with her, he placed third at evo, and has a totally different playstyle than ramon

random thoughts:

44b+k and 22b+k are not the same move even though they look the same, 22b+k tracks rollers MUCH more consistently.

so i just noticed that pyrrha's CE has a GI on it. i've never noticed it except for the notification under her name and i've never seen it GI anything. so my question is this: when does the CE actually GI anything?

so i just noticed that pyrrha's CE has a GI on it. i've never noticed it except for the notification under her name and i've never seen it GI anything. so my question is this: when does the CE actually GI anything?

its really not reliable, I wouldnt suggest banking on it, but you can CE algols bubbles

you can CE algols bubbles
That's just the CE invincibility in effect though (most characters can CE to get through bubbles or even Viola's CE). I've only ever seen Pyrrha's CE GI something once. It only appears to be good at beating out very specific clash situations.

It GI'ed Natsu's 66K. I was like O_O. I watched the video and thought that Natsu's 66K GI'ed Pyrrha's CE. It looked really, really strange...

sorry to be lazy, what are frames on guard? what are 44B frames on guard?
WR B+K is -12 on GRD.
44B is -14 on GRD.
Both are linear--- and 22K has an implemented TS, along with a reliable TC. for both purposes, TC/TS, 22K is the way to go.

Both are linear--- and 22K has an implemented TS, along with a reliable TC. for both purposes, TC/TS, 22K is the way to go.
22K is great but its TC frames start later than the TC frames of 44B/WR B+K, right? In SCIV, Sophie's WR B+K TC'd from frame 1. So you might want to use that if you're at high disadvantage, are specifically predicting a high, and want a damaging way of capitalizing on that prediction.

22K is great but its TC frames start later than the TC frames of 44B/WR B+K, right? In SCIV, Sophie's WR B+K TC'd from frame 1. So you might want to use that if you're at high disadvantage, are specifically predicting a high, and want a damaging way of capitalizing on that prediction.
Honestly, the TC frames for 22K are one of her more reliable TC's I've used. I don't implement 44B+K to much because I find AS AA/22K sufficient. However, if I were to predict a high, and use WR options- I would just stick to crouching and waiting for a whiff to punish with AS B.

I wanted to use WR B+K, and experiment with it, but the move is ugly as fuck.

236K has some sick STC properties actually. It Crouches under some mids, but i forgot most of its applications. I think Astas 3A[K] is such a move where it works, im sure there are plenty of others.

sorry about the late reply .. I've been in japan for the past 2 weeks lol

but yeah ... I did a video with some ce stuff. it'll always gi algol's bubbles, no matter how late / early you are.

22k has fine tech crouch frames, once it actually starts up. the start up is pretty slow and in doesn't tc until she's well into the animation.

i would mainly use iWR b as an up close predicted high punisher/interrupt while having more safety than 22b or 236 a while still doing decent damage to the guardbar if blocked (breaks in 9).

not something to use super often, but another tool, i at least like it over the -14 44b, it actually does 4 more points of damage too.

Back