Quality of Life Patch Wishlist

I remember a live stream Aris and Mark did of the E3 build sometime during the summer. The new button configuration layout was briefly discussed. By brief i mean a vague comment was made about Hilde and that was about it. I assumed at the time it was changed because her moveset involves charges and i guess PS is telling us we cant attack with a button while holding the charge. This was the only explanation we could come up with on the general discussion back when we noticed it. Of course Hilde isnt on the roster and that was a long time ago but... what other reason could there be?

thanks for letting me know.

If preventing hilde users from hitting buttons while holding a charge is intentional, it seems almost unbelievable they don't have the technology to prevent that (base the charge duration from when the last A or B input was registered, rather than the first one after any release).

And if it was in fact unintended, there are ways to use A+G or B+G to hold a charge while hitting A and B .. no ?

It doesn't sound like an answer after thinking about it.

thanks for letting me know.

If preventing hilde users from hitting buttons while holding a charge is intentional, it seems almost unbelievable they don't have the technology to prevent that (base the charge duration from when the last A or B input was registered, rather than the first one after any release).

And if it was in fact unintended, there are ways to use A+G or B+G to hold a charge while hitting A and B .. no ?

It doesn't sound like an answer after thinking about it.

Hmm not sure, i'll admit there is probably a lot i dont understand about it. I was never a Hilde player because the charge mechanic was very awkward and i wasnt going to deal with that. Even after i discovered how broken those ring-out combos were. I am of course talking about SC4, when she was banned from tournament play. That is when the problem started. I dont think anyone from here cared anymore during SC5 probably because she was trash then i guess.

Make Astaroth's height available to CaS using his style only. I dread the idea that fighting or playing an asta CaS, due to how radically different his hitboxes are.

They need to fix the CaS cards which show up blank on ps4 (can't speak for other versions) during the vs screen transition.

Totally pointless feature if you can't let others see them.

I'm pretty sure the blank cards are not what was intended, why on earth have the photo feature otherwise?

Make it easier to obtain Soul Points!

Ways to make Soul Points include:
  • Arcade Mode: Clearing it on the Hardest Difficulty at the shortest possible time (at least quick enough to win the medals).
  • Trading Gold in Libra of Soul (though woefully inefficient: you must spend 5000G for every 100SP).
  • Playing Online Ranked: Not Casual Lobbies
  • Clearing Soul Chronicle for each character and Main Story Line: I don't think you are rewarded for repeated playthroughs.
I wish we could earn SP for playing casual lobbies as well. Also, I want LoS missions to reward SP for completing missions and/or reduce the price of SP in the currency exchange.

- Going back instantly in training mode after an online match. (Like SFV with no VS screen)
- Being able to wait for both Casual and Rank match while you're in practice.
- Put Costume made in the slot of character, and make CaS slot just for fully created CaS characters.
- Add option to disable wifi players. (Injustice 2 has an option like this)

That's the cool patch ideas i'd like to see that come to my mind now.

Last edited:
General:
- Proper Character Select screen in Arcade Mode has to be added. Current design feels like an early access placeholder. Very unprofessional.
- We need a way to rebind menu controls on keyboard. I've bought a gamepad a couple of days before the release, so I dodged the problem, but I know if I had to play on keyboard I would have absolutely hated the way menu controls are unbindable. I abhor when fighting games do this, it brought infinite amounts of misery to me in the past with certain other fighters.

CaS:
- Extra Item min/max sizes should be reevaluated and brought to the same standard across all items. I've recently tried to create a Pyramid Head character from Silent Hill, but could not, because the biggest pyramid allowed to be created is tiny. Meanwhile giant turtle shells are allowed no problem. I understand troll CaS characters that hide inside item geometry to conceal animations are a problem, but developers should figure out the maximum item size they are comfortable with and allow all items to be as big as this size. Disallowing some items to be big while allowing other items to be giant anyways doesn't stop trolls who seek to abuse the system at all, yet discourages legit creative minds for no benefit.
- Extra Item section needs a proper sphere item. There is a cube, a pyramid and a heart, even an apple, yet no basic sphere? That just makes no sense.
- Some win poses on CaS characters with Nightmare's style are broken. There might be more similar problems with other styles I'm not aware of...
20181021201351_1.jpg

Lots of great suggestions here! :)

A couple of my wishes:
- Search option for other player's characters in Creation. For example if I'm interested in a Tifa character, I can type in "Tifa" and get a list of available Tifa characters.
- Option to zoom in on pictures in the Gallery.

-Fix the stickers (transparency, seams and areas of clothing that don't show stickers)
-Add height and width adjustment to stickers, for god's sake, that can't be so hard and it would make working with stickers so much better, easier and would add more possibilities.
-Fix the floating equipment - mainly some of the belts and pauldrons that float a finger's length above even the thickest of equipment underneath them.

Back