R.I.P. Talim

I hope for your swift and awesome return in Soul 6, mai beluffed Talim.
Or your daughter or something with heirloom Tonfa.
I'll play as you on SCIV here and there to keep you polished until then. :')
Wiff luv, Your mainer, Hoax44.

Talim always had that super young look to her.

Having to create an adult Talim would be nearly a total redesign artistically. Then they would have to make her taller and re-balance her style accordingly due to hitbox changes. Easy to see how they ran out of time on that.

Zas they had no excuse.

Talim fans, I'm sorry for your loss. Really, I was pulling for Talim too. I would have settled for just her style, but alas I wanted the whole package. I was looking forward to a buffed Talim. You know, like the one from Soulcalibur II that kicked everyone's ass.

R.I.P. Talim.

Talim always had that super young look to her.

Having to create an adult Talim would be nearly a total redesign artistically. Then they would have to make her taller and re-balance her style accordingly due to hitbox changes. Easy to see how they ran out of time on that.

Zas they had no excuse.

Q.F.T. Does this forum have a rep system? I'd give a +1.

It's been about nine years.
You've been a good partner, thanks for all the fun times!
We were the underdogs and we didn't give up.
I'm sad that this time must come to an end (it's Talim or none, stubborn I am).
It may take a while to fully sink in.
If you ever come back I'll great you with open arms.
Keep the tonfa sharp, I won't forget you.
My name will never change.

In the world of 3D fighters VF and Tekken aren't for me. I'll be on DOA4 Leifang waitin/gettin ready for DOA5.

I know this is going to sound like a stretch to some Talim fans but I have found Natsu to be an easy character to adapt to.

No she doesn't have a "I'm going to do my best" attitude. I miss that.

But tactically some of her basic combos are simular. BBK, AAB, She has a Wind Step move with an 2 or 8 BK which you can follow up with an A for broader hits, or a K B for more damage.

She has a lot of moves which make her leap into the air, one of her new attacks is called Wind Assault. Also there are of wind oriented moves.

Talim would tell me that I am lying to myself. However overall I feel like Natsu's play style I can tactically adjust to because of some base simularities. She feels a lot different than Taki did even if some of the moves are the same.

gah, honestly Natsu is no replacement for Talim. But I will "use" her as a temporary substitute.

Wow, that kinda sounds dirty doesn't it? For some reason though I don't think Natsu would mind.

If I played I'd use Natsu too.
I think it's better to keep in touch (and play) the game, then if/when Talim's released you'll be ready (I'll be totally behind).

Got my game today and the graphics look great.
My son has a job now to play story and unlock stuff, haha.

Something you guys may want to see, check out the Talim that I made for a CAS character, I love her a lot! CAS is soo powerful, it did take me about 3 hours to figure this one out though!

http://8wayrun.com/threads/character-creator-is-amazing-show-your-characters.10643/

I gotta say, Talim never fought so good. I think I won about 30 games tonight, lost 6, all to stupid mitsurugi! I gotta learn to fight em.

Also - I have to say that this Talim is special to me because she is my vision of Talim. She is "my" Talim, :P

Of course if you guys want her recipe just let me know I can post a full list easy enough. I have not even unlocked all the parts yet, but building something like this was my first cas goal and she will always have slot #1 in my CAS list.

Do you think the colors are good? they got a little different through the photo, but yeah. Anything you would tweak?

Looks good to me- the face really looks like her (plus a few years).
I'm not into the headgear that much but to each his own.

Yeah I understand, well the head gear gets blown off every match, then she gets "serious"

Thanks JP, it's cool to get your approval as well.

SC5 has a more realistic and less exaggerated character style than 4, that was the youngest looking character I could make, I did add some blush and such to cuten up her face a wee bit too and round the edges out better, it worked well.

I might play with her eyebrows a little but I don't think I can find a better fit, will have to look carefully. :P

I made a chara too.
I'm just playin enough to unlock all the charas and stages so my friends can use my 360 when we meet for games.

I'll have to take a pic.

My Talim's usually sport blue (my fav color).

Won't fire up the 360 again till next weekend but I'll get a pic up sometime.

I've been thinkin- maybe we need a thread on CAS Talims?! ; )

I was thinkin of makin a Talim for every chara so when people use my 360 they can use em, haha.
Asta Talim, Yoshi Talim etc, haha.

That sounds kind of cool, but I don't imagine Talim would fight herself unless there was really no other way. :P

I'm going to have fun making my own characters and others in character creation, but I really hope that Talim will be back one day. I used to be able to imagine her in any kind of outfit due to her - unique fashion sense.

I can't imagine Natsu in the same variety as Talim yet, she feels like she should be more Japanese, even though she is not.

I don't get why they didn't put Rock and Zasalamel in there. I could care less if they put Algol and mimics in there like Edge Master and Elysium but make some room for the characters that have been in the series far longer than any of the mimics. I'm satisfied with Raphael right now and I'm interested in Z.W.E.I. but no character can replace Rock or Zasalamel because their styles were too much fun.

Back