R.I.P. Talim

I don't get why they didn't put Rock and Zasalamel in there. I could care less if they put Algol and mimics in there like Edge Master and Elysium but make some room for the characters that have been in the series far longer than any of the mimics. I'm satisfied with Raphael right now and I'm interested in Z.W.E.I. but no character can replace Rock or Zasalamel because their styles were too much fun.
...Your argument is valid but... this is a thread for Talim's absence lol.

I don't get why they didn't put Talim, Amy and Zasalamel in there. I could care less if they put Algol and mimics in there like Edge Master and Elysium but make some room for the characters that have been in the series far longer than any of the mimics. I'm satisfied with Raphael right now and I'm interested in Z.W.E.I. but no character can replace them because their styles were too much fun.
Fixed:
Astaroth > Rock.

Rock=Age, in literal sense. In reality, he's supposedly not as popular as Astaroth, but Astaroth himself isn't that popular either. He's.....just there, constantly being a punching bag for Maxi.

At this point in the story though, many people want Bangoo more than Rock himself.

For those willing to defend talim (this is not a confrontational post so excuse my tone) I have a few questions.

Why purpose does she fit in the game's overall character variability? I always saw her as a more spinny/air flippy version of taki to the 1st impression. Gave me a sense of lizardman + crawl if I were to sum up how I felt her gimimck defined her.

I don't expect anyone to have to explain the technical aspects of her high level play, but I don't see a role for her in the soul series. All she had going for her was her chipper attitude, which would understandably mellow out after 17 years.

For those willing to defend talim (this is not a confrontational post so excuse my tone) I have a few questions.

Why purpose does she fit in the game's overall character variability? I always saw her as a more spinny/air flippy version of taki to the 1st impression. Gave me a sense of lizardman + crawl if I were to sum up how I felt her gimimck defined her.

I don't expect anyone to have to explain the technical aspects of her high level play, but I don't see a role for her in the soul series. All she had going for her was her chipper attitude, which would understandably mellow out after 17 years.
She wasn't that chippy (Xianghua and Seong-Mina were chippier lol). In total, she and Kilik are the only two people in the series that have the ability to purify others. It would be great for the malfested and Pyrrha if she healed them (I don't think Pyrrha will blend into society very well with that arm). She's also one of the few people who knows that Soul Calibur may not be the 'holy' sword everyone kept picturing about so all in all, I do believe that she could have had a role in the series. As for technical play, I'll let someone else handle that part but she was incredibly fun to play with and I loved her combos. Too bad they get interrupted so easily :'(

Best thread ever!

Edit: Let me break down Talim for you at a high level. People have a blast making you think and mixing you up with Talim. It's like the best thing ever. She's very different from the other girls of the SC cast that are more built to fight toe to toe. She is made to be someone that is defense first before offense. It can be the other way around though, but her style is the best defensive style in the whole series when you compare her to the other gals.

I just hope she isn't going to get nerf again.

Let me begin by saying that I still miss Talim! But my CAS is helping me deal with that.

Talim was a very exciting character to play because she was power wise inferior to most the other ones. Come to think of it wern't Zas and Rock lower tier too?

Having played more than 3000 games with Talim in SC4 I would say that yes she was a strong defensive player, but she had lots of alternative fighting styles that were very different. I would always go for a different style every match to keep my opponent guessing, also I tended to make matches last for as long as I could - because she was such a good defensive fighter.

Well, what good does being a good defensive fighter bring you you ask? She has a very dangerous but very effective ring-out strategy, and more than one at that! Basically Talim can score a ring out on an oponent if they are infront of her, behind her, to the left, or to the right of her, and there are often multiple options.

So yeah, it was fun being the little girl who had to try very very hard to compete with these monsters.

SC5 feels like a game filled with monsters, or over the top happy people. Talim was neither, she was calm and encouraging. She was cute but had a serious edge to her. She was, the most goody two shoed character in the game.

And I liked her like that, and I still like her like that :P

Her fucking speed? Crazy Yoshi you should use words more carefully when in a Talim thread, she is a minor - wait not anymore...

Oh by the way, where did you get that cool Talim Avatar picture? I want a bigger version :P

But yeah, they did slow her down a lot, it is a shame that Taki was faster than her in SC4.

I kinda feel like they tried to drop all of the distinctly lower tiered fighters to bring the game to a faster and more furious pace.

The fun thing about Talim is that she is one of the only characters whose personality and context suits the fighting style.

Just like Tira's bipolarity, or Ivy's dominatrixity, etc... she being a priestess of the wind and being "flying" half the fight and her tornado like attacks really fit her.

Also she was a really fun mixup game... and so will her once she's released asDLC!!

Her style (which I don't think is gimmicky) is unique and different than any of the other charas.

Fixed:
Astaroth > Rock.
I have always liked Astaroth but I liked Rock more because he threw people around way more and it is way more satisfying to win with him considering that they gave Astaroth much of Rock's good tools and Rock got near nothing in return.
@jtclam09: Which is why they should get Bangoo to take up Rock's style and add moves or improve his old ones so he could be much better than in SC4.

In the Spanish version its named "Trenzado". Means "Braid" and it's the 4th one on the 2nd column.

Back