Random/Fun SC Facts

I got a BIGASS list:

The pattern Oriental Style 6 can literally be found in Natsu's stage. It's in a circle on the left wall.

The circular design on Nightmare/Pyrrha Omega's stage is used as a graphic in Global Colosseo (when you create a lounge).

Nightmare's Soul Edge and Pyrrha's Brave One are also used as graphics for Global Colosseo's Random Match and Tournament icons.

Siegfried's Great Sword and Flamberge both came from Broken Destiny. However, in BD Flamberge was named Gram with slight visual differences.

The choker on Elysium's model isn't present in her 2D art.

When you give a CaS Voldo's style, their eyes move side-to-side when they move during his Mantis Crawl. It looks unnaturally creepy...

It's actually possible to change the color of Aeon's wings. Afterglow of Obsession colors the wings a dark-red/blood-reddish color and The Master gives them a white, very light-bluish tone. All other weapons give the wings a white with a slight golden tone. Sadly, that's as much color you're going to get from them.

This is just my opinion, but when coloring the weapon trails for Soul Edge (Nightmare/Pyrrha O), 9:4, 15 appears to be a much more appropriate color than 9:2, 15. This is because 9:4,15 has an reddish-orange tint, which makes the trail seem more "fiery" (which compliments the mutated arm). It also blends well with their CEs, especially if "Outrageous Pack" is added to the weapon style.

Speaking of weapon trails, Patroklos has a red trail in the game, but a blue trail on the boxart.

Also, a number of characters have had their trails colored differently before the game was released.

Some might've guessed this already, but the Outrageous Pack is no doubt derived from the damage effects from the Tekken series.

The mutated hand from Pyrrha Omega's "Woeful Aketon" doesn't open at all except in the story mode's cutscenes.

All of Edge Master's/Kilik's Weapons have a dragon motif; most of them have scales on them, too.

Edge Master/Kilik also appear to reuse their weapons for different styles.
-Mitsurugi, Yoshimitsu, A Pat, use the same katana
-Patroklos, Pyrrha, Pyrrha Omega, Hilde, use the same shortsword
-Siegfried's sword looks like a larger, modified version of the shortsword.
-Xiba and Hilde use the same spear
This could be taken in a few ways. On one hand, this makes sense. If Edge Master has a particular sword, he could use it again if it came down to using a different style. However, Nightmare's sword is different from Siegfried's for no apparent reason, and Pat and Pyrrha have different shields. So while reusing weapons is a logical choice, it could also be another sign that the game was rushed.

This might be just me, but the handles of the katanas Edge Master/Kilik use for Mitsurugi, Yoshimitsu, and A Pat seem a bit "phallic."

All of ZWEI's weapons are basically the same, but just with slight color differences. Also, when you try to change the color of his weapons' all it really does it change the color of EIN's aura.

Before the game was released, Katushiro Harada (Tekken producer) made a joke about ZWEI being gay. When you choose one of his weapons, you'll find EIN colored pink with the weapon being called "love." lol

One of the shouts from the Young Lady voice (CaS) appears to be an auto glitch. It's heard by doing certain attacks (like Leixia's 6A+B) and it sounds like "Uh-hua-hah!"

If you go into training mode and press L2 and R2 (PS3) or LT and RT (360), you can switch between the movesets of the two characters. Some of you might already know this...

You can literally see a dragon/bird/mutant carry away a soldier on the left side of Nightmare's stage.

Certain weapons from SCIV that aren't available for use in SCV can be found within Nightmare's, Tira's, Algol's stages. They include Cassandra's Katzbalger, Nightmare's Claymore, Zasalamel's Kafziel, and Siegfried's Faust (in cut-scenes).

Ivy's Dream Blade can be seen being used by one of the soldiers in Nightmare's stage. However, he only uses it as a regular shortsword like Shark used it in SCIV (npc).

The CGI in the Story Mode are actually using the in-game's graphics with different lighting (much like what was used in Cervantes's stage). Also, if the story mode is canon, that means Voldo, ZWEI, Nightmare, and Astaroth (at least one of them) are likely to be dead. This may include Raphael if he is Graf Dumas.

The dark ship firing at the merchant ship in Maxi's stage is very likely to be Cervantes's ship, The Adrian. A few clues are how the railings have the same design and that the ship has a dark color.

That's what I got for now. You have been Well inFORMED.

Cervantes super Critical Edge gunshot actually does less damage than his normal forward gunshot.
Speaking of his gunshot, if you own Soul Calibur: BD, you'll see that one of his animation poses (the one where he spins both weapons with each hand) is replaced with the animation of the 6B+K.

Another thing is both Cervy's 6B+K and Ezio's own B+K deal the same amount of damage.

Speaking of his gunshot, if you own Soul Calibur: BD, you'll see that one of his animation poses (the one where he spins both weapons with each hand) is replaced with the animation of the 6B+K.

Another thing is both Cervy's 6B+K and Ezio's own B+K deal the same amount of damage.

Except Ezio's frames are ass but can be canceled.

Sophitia and Lizardman both servers under Hephaestus but after his betrayal Lizardman servers under Ares which is Aphrodite lover that happen to be Hephaestus wife, so those two server under rival Gods, this may be the reason why Lizardman was asked to eat Holy Warriors, like Cassandra and all.

Interesting enough both Cassandra and Sophitia attacks names have Christian references to them mostly angel related, Sophie is even called a crusader at one point.
Sophitia moves have angel and Cassandra have guardian for example.

All of renders Ivy renders show her sword in whip state but there is no game where she have had her first stance with her sword in whip state. And one of her initial designs show her with a pale resemblance to Talim.
Ivycon9.gif

I have some new information with a handful of opinions.

Note: I did some re-editing

The menu design in SCV isn't that much different from SCIV's. Both interfaces include a sphere surrounded by some kind of rotating material and use a background of the final stage. The difference is that SCIV made an emphasis on red, while SCV made an emphasis on blue.

Time spent in Creation and Story mode are added to the Single Player clock, despite not being under the "Offline Modes" category.

In SCIV, Female Voice 2 from Character Creation breaks the fourth wall. When she wins, she can say: "Even with the same moves, it all depends on the user," which suggests that she knows that the styles she's using don't belong to her. This same voice also makes a redundant intro line: "I have bet my life on this "sword" *uses Bo Staff*

SCIV's Female Voice 4 also breaks the fourth wall with victory quote , but does it subtly: "Maybe you should change your style..." She's basically suggesting that the opponent should use a different style/character, since they lost with the one they were using.

In SCIV, when you either edited the main cast or created a new character, you would see them make brief, minor facial expressions, such as frowning, smiles, looks of disapproval, or surprise. This happens when equipment is changed. Unfortunately this is absent in SCV. In fact, in SCV, CaS have hardly any facial expression with their intros and victory quotes (if any at all). It's an odd design choice, considering SCIV has this (depending on the voice) and the CaS in SCV still have some facial expressions mid-battle.

The weapon trails in SCV have a much longer duration than in SCIV (meaning they have longer visibility).

Nightmare's joke weapon Giant Squid, cannot have it's weapon trail re-colored. Trying to recolor it only changes the weapon trail color generated from Nightmare's K moves. Oddly, the duration of this weapon's weapon trail is much shorter than his other weapons (or any other in the game for that matter).

Edge Master, Kilik, and Elysium's weapon trails are the same gold/yellow color. But since Elysium's and A Pat both use Soul Calibur, one would think that they would both have blue trails.

Devil Jin's attacks have the least amount of weapon trails compared to other characters. The trail only appears in some of his kicks and are only are limited to:
AABK
6AAKK
6kB
3KBK
3KBK8
WR KK
7K8
66KAK
66KA2K
33_99K
33_99[K]
22_88KK
22_88KK8
A+G
AS A2K
AS KK

Female Voice 1 in SCIV and Upbeat Girl in SCV are the same voice. The major difference is the aggression from Female Voice 1.

Raphael and Nightmare have a virtually identical death scream. The two even acknowledge each other before they fight (but use generic lines).

When equipped with the Shoulder Kitty, the cat meows with EVERY movement the character makes (ANY button press or animation will make it meow). This includes intro and victory poses.

There are 28 characters/styles on the roster (excluding Devil Jin), but only 18 appear in the Story Mode, only 8 appear in CGI cutscenes, and only 5 are playable.

In story mode's CGI cutscene, the eye of Nightmare's Soul Edge's is visible on only one side. In-game, it's on both sides.

Algol no longer has the weird scars on his arms like he did in SCIV.

Nightmare's 1P Soul Edge is the only form of Soul Edge that blinks.

Astaroth has the max height as a character model; even height 5 CaS are shorter than him.

Speaking of CaS using Astaroth's style, with a female CaS (height 5), go into training mode, and have her demonstrate 22_88B from the move list. The move will whiff, but it oddly doesn't whiff for male CaS Astaroths of the same height.

In Creation Mode, the Bow item (specialized equipment) is mistakenly coded to be applied backwards. To fix this, it must be horizontally rotated by 180 degrees.

Even though Tira's Gloomy 66B is supposed to use her gloomy side voice, she says "Genocide!" as if she was in her jolly state.

You can determine a character's aliment by their "Soul of..." titles. Evil characters have the image of Soul Edge, good characters have the image of Soul Calibur, and neutral characters have the image of both. I'm sure the majority have already figured this out...

When you KO a character with a wall hit, they will not yell their death scream unless you overkill them.

Under rare circumstances, characters can make a second death quote. The most common of these quotes are when Yoshimitsu, Tira, or any CaS voices with their styles kill themselves. Edit: Pyrrhus pretty much listed the quotes done from this.

The 3 layer armor system from SCIV is technically still in the game, but it's been modified to have each layer destroyed at once. A clue to this is how you hear the armor break sound 3 times during the KO.

When an attack whiffs, it creates a wind effect; the opponent's clothes will be blown by a gust of wind. Curtain attacks like CEs and 3Bs create stronger gusts.

It's possible to see Night Terror fly around in the background of Astral Chaos stages from a distance.
Just kidding

That's all I can come up with for now.

Reprobean_Child, I had a question. If the CGI in story mode uses the same graphics except with different lighting, why don't they use that lighting all the time because the story mode looked beautiful. *_*

Reprobean_Child, I had a question. If the CGI in story mode uses the same graphics except with different lighting, why don't they use that lighting all the time because the story mode looked beautiful. *_*
I recall Sectus saying that the story CGI used more space on the game disk more than anything else. If anything, the CGI just uses the in-game graphics with some modifications (like the "different" breast physics, which were nearly boreline Dead or Alive/Ninja Gaiden). I didn't mod/hack the game and I don't know if the quality factored in the size, so I couldn't tell you everything about it.

In SCIV, when you either edited the main cast or created a new character, you would see them make brief, minor facial expressions, such as frowning, smiles, looks of disapproval, or surprise. This happens when equipment is changed. Unfortunately this is absent in SCV. In fact, in SCV, CaS have hardly any facial expression with their intros and victory quotes (if any at all). It's an odd design choice, considering SCIV has this (depending on the voice) and the CaS in SCV still have some facial expressions mid-battle.
There were actually some quotes that characters would say everytime you'd change their clothes, etc in SCIV, but they were taken out. They'd say if they'd like them, or ask you how they look, they'd comment on the money, etc. They took those out though and left the facial expressions.
Sectus has found the voice files of SCIV and those quotes are all there (even some others that could really fit in practice mode)

Another random...

In SC4, when you'd RO someone, the char on the stage would be very happy for that... Here's emoFried in a happy state
SAM_0482.JPG

I recall Sectus saying that the story CGI used more space on the game disk more than anything else. If anything, the CGI just uses the in-game graphics with some modifications (like the "different" breast physics, which were nearly boreline Dead or Alive/Ninja Gaiden). I didn't mod/hack the game and I don't know if the quality factored in the size, so I couldn't tell you everything about it.
Ah okay. That makes sense. Maybe if the next calibur is on PS4 then we would be able to have that beautiful lighting (and dat breast physics) all the time! :D I really loved all of the story CGI (albeit being a bit incestuous) for looking so stunning.

Pyrrha Omega's mutated arm was not the result of wielding Soul Edge. In the Story Mode, when Pyrrha becomes Pyrrha Omega to fight Nightmare, she has it even before she got Soul Edge. Also, if one pays attention to her before her transformation (as she says, "Stop hurting me, stop rejecting me, stop killing me,") and recall how she tells Tira that "she" wasn't the one attacking the villagers in the beginning, one can deduce that she had become Pyrrha Omega multiple times before. She may have been using Pyrrha O as a last resort to defend herself.

This have been confirmed in the papanese artbook. Now Pyrrha's body, whenever a destructive emotion flares up, is corrupted by an overflowing of evil energy.

For more details of translations on the japanese artbook you can check here http://8wayrun.com/threads/japanese-offical-artbook-guide-cassandra-korean-setsuka-side-story.10498/

Edit: Kamikirimusi from SCIV is the only character based on Japanese folklore. Her name could be taken to mean "God of the Eroding Slash". Kami (god), kiri (slash), musi (erode or eclipse).

Okay as we all know there is a statue in Patroklos's stage with a person holding some scales. That same statue can be found in Pyrrha's stage near on the crumbled walls.

Also in Pyrrha's stage you can see a man behind a window and he's calling someone over. That man appears next to the King Henry looking character in Pattys stage :o

Each character in the game ( including CaS voices) say the following when KO'd with Hilde's A+G BE

:sc5pat1: Patroklos: Pyrrha...
:sc5zwe1: Z.W.E.I: I guess it's time.
:sc5lei1: Leixia: Mother...
:sc5nat1: Nastu: Uh I messed up..
:sc5ezi1: Ezio: Cristina...( I'm guessing she's from the AC series)
:sc5rap1: Raphael: Amy...I'm sorry.
:sc5vio1: Viola: How...could I have not seen this? ( I think she says that...she mumbles in the last part.)
:sc5pyr1: Pyrrha: I-I can't...

:sc5sig1: Siegfried: I have no regrets.
:sc4hil1: Hilde: I still have my pride.
Xiba: Can't...move.
:sc4ivy1: Ivy: I must fulfill my...(I'm guessing her mission/duty)
:sc1crv1: Cervantes: How could I...?
:sc5aon1: Aeon: -Growl- ( It's a shocker, eh?)
:sc4tir1: Tira: JS: ooh broke/broken. GS: Impossible.
:sc5nm1: Nightmare: How futile.
:sc2mit2: Misturugi: No...way.
:sc2maxi1: Maxi: Heh. This is it.
:sc1yos1: Yoshimistu: *painful sounding groans*
:sc5dam1: Dampierre: No...( Also when Hilde's A+G throw is done on Damp, she'll say for him to "Give up.")
:sc2vol3: Voldo: *slow breathing* ( OH MY GOSH. The scandal!)
:sc5ast1: Astaroth: Need souls.

:sc5pat1: a Patroklos: I...failed her.
:sc5sc: Elysium: Incomprehensible.
EdgeMaster: Ungh good.
:sc4alg1: Algol: No....
:sc1kil1: Kilik: *painful sounding groans*
:sc5pyr1: Pyrrha Omega: I'm alone...again. ( Also when doing 6K on Dampierre, she'll randomly say "worthless".)

Young Villager: I wasn't strong enough.
Young Knight: I was just too weak.
Scoundrel: That...hurt.
Cold Assassin: Pity.
Reliable Leader: I can't die like this.
Main Bad Guy: I can't lose...
Super Human: So ends my reign.

Upbeat Girl: No...why did I?
Young Lady: This can't be it.
Cynical: This can't be the end.
Serious: I'm sorry.
Reliable Leader: Pity...ungh.