Raphael: Bugs and Hitboxes

WuHT

Premium Moderator
This thread is not a "wishlist" for a patch for balance reasons. I figure we should just lay out any sort of raphael connection issues that hopefully the patching team will become aware of.

1) 22B into 3B or BBB will fail to connect if the following conditions are met :
i) side hit so they crumple to the side
ii) at a range just outside 2A/3K range it seems.
What I observed was that the opponent will crumple, and bend over forward, but the way they are oriented is that their axis is perpendicular to raph, so they crumple "forward" to raph's side. This falling forward will cause 3B and BBB to miss (oddly 6K will hit them with a side hit spark).
** Whenever 3B or BBB will fail, is the ONLY time 1B will connect. That is pretty weird!
2) The 2nd hit of 3(B)~prepAB whiffs on a few characters even though they're in range for the majority of the cast.

i) pyrrah
ii) hilde
iii) cervantes (weird eh ?)

While thats not a comprehensive list, it seems like the move was designed to be a NH at close range.
Maybe this has to do with hitting them from the side after a step.

3) SE B whiffs at close range against certain moves (ie: the opponent advances like pyrrah's 66B). Not sure I think that was intentional (and as seen in prior demo videos).

4)3B whiffs after raph blocks alpha patroklus's bA. Alpha pat sort of leans forward during his recovery animation (with his body not aligned with his hips) and raph's 3B seems to target the hips so he completely whiffs.

5) 66A+G gives the opponent way too much meter for eating it (like if they use nightmare's 2A+B). That needs to go because it is totally not worth using.

6) 4(B) at slightly less than tip range won't connect with prepBBB because of the way the opponent bounces back. This occurs at all ranges except for tip range, so the problem is that at the longest possible range where the opponent with bounce is JUST outside of his prepBB range which sucks.

I once hit someone with 6BB(BE) and they slammed into trees (in the forest stage) and they basically landed standing up so I could have pursued further action. Too bad I did not save the replay. Far too inconsistent to report back for me.

Test this stuff out in training if you don't believe me, but most importantly report any sort of combo disconnects.

I played ZWEI and with his back to a wall I did CH 6BB(BE). The hits connected but he blocked the very last one.
It pushed him to the side and we were both misaligned.

Other than that, explaining 22B combo whiffs I saw yesterday is ... nice. 2B will never miss.

Hi, long time lurker and Ralph player. Some of my findings:

CH 33B, 66B+K: whiffs if ralph is behind them at tip range
CH 33B, A+B A: whiffs on all strikes except to ralph's left the 2nd hit will connect
CH 22B, A+B A: all 3 hits connect if you are close and slightly to the left (one quick step)
CH 22K, 66B+K: whiffs to the right side
CH 1K, 66A+B: hits on all sides except from the front, same for 66B+K, but it will hit if you are outside kissing range from the front

When you are doing SE K, if Raphaël has a wall or a barrier on his left, the object will make him stay in place.
When this happen, even if you are close to your opponent when you use SE, you can't connect. Looks like Raphaël do a little backdash during the move...

I've had the second hit of Prep~K(BE) attack backwards a few times. Not sure what the environment was; but I'm almost positive once I was in the middle of an open area.

A+B,A in many stages if near a column or a small corner goes backward from the start of animation >.> whiffing even at close range
Happened in ivy stage and in the church stage many many times i think is easy to reproduce....

scV ha also the same scIV hitbox general problems against alexandra family as already said some preps whiffs not only prepAB its situational and i haven t been able to understand wich move causes it (in scIV prepB BB:B on block passed often through the sisters on the last hit for example i found similar cases here).

Had this happen the other day. If Aeon does his CE from just at the tip of its range and Raph is in prep, SE and Raph will evade it to the side a bit and net a SE B combo. I missed it cause I was surprised it even happened. Check the video at 1:42. Kinda situational, but makes me wonder what other weird SE stuff there might be.

in the previous setups I mentioned regarding following up with 22B, in any instance that 3B will whiff, 1B will hit. The inverse seemed to be true, where if 1B will whiff, then 3B will be successful. Weird eh ??

Hey, lunax, noob question, but how did you cancel the startup of the unblockable attack in that match? I didn't know it was possible...

As mentioned by some others: Why on earth does raph's 66A+G practically replenish their edge meter ? Feels like it almost did half a bar, which seems totally unintended. As a command grab it does lower than normal damage, but you are given the opportunity to mash out a good 8-10 life gain. I don't think the opponent gaining that much meter was intentional, and i hope this will be addressed in the patch. Its stopping me from wanting to use this grab early in the game when the opponent isn't full metered

I think its a bug actually. Its like nightmare activating his 2A+B on a grounded opponent. Hopefully that gets patched.

As mentioned by some others: Why on earth does raph's 66A+G practically replenish their edge meter ? Feels like it almost did half a bar, which seems totally unintended. As a command grab it does lower than normal damage, but you are given the opportunity to mash out a good 8-10 life gain. I don't think the opponent gaining that much meter was intentional, and i hope this will be addressed in the patch. Its stopping me from wanting to use this grab early in the game when the opponent isn't full metered

I think it is because it registers as a lot of little hits, and each impact gives them meter. It is almost better to do 66 5 A+G

I think it is because it registers as a lot of little hits, and each impact gives them meter. It is almost better to do 66 5 A+G

Yeah piggly i doubt it was intentional that a command grab is "worse" (but not strictly) than his normal grabs

It is hard to tell - they do seem to hate Raph, maybe this is what they were thinking (how could we sneakily screw with Raph players...)

Once I hit an opponent whowas getting up (don't remember if it was an ukemi), with 66B. He took the hit and reacted to it, but didn't fall or was stunned. Super weird.

Was it Mitsu, by chance? He has a stance where he will absorb moves and take damage, but just stand there.

CE is terrible with hitting. I hit Pyrrha twice while she was doing 6BK with it, and it just hit her and nothing happened, no block, no clash, the move just hit and did nothing.

Yeah, it was Mitsu. But I don't think it was that stance. The stance you mean is Mist and when he uses that big vertical slice, right?

Back