Raphael Combo Discussion

Too bad, would be great if it was possible.
I think it should combo into it, many chars have high 8wr antisteps that even combo on NH hit.
I wonder if they really wanted 22A and 33A not to combo.
At least 33A... cmon that move is so bad, you gotta give it something!

Good points. I actually thought 22A should be +12 on CH to allow CE and 6BB/6BBBE. It would be a great tool to discourage step. I mean -2 on NH and only 16 dmg...come on lol.

Well 33A spaces really well on block but I agree it needs a big upgrade. I prefer that it have TC removed, an increase in range, moved to 6A, and sped up to i18. Raph needs a strong mid horizontal to reliably stop step and protect him from TC moves.

Good points. I actually thought 22A should be +12 on CH to allow CE and 6BB/6BBBE. It would be a great tool to discourage step. I mean -2 on NH and only 16 dmg...come on lol.
It should at least have a clean hit version that does that, somewhat similar to Tira's JS 4K headbutt. Occasionally you'll get GS (somewhat considered to be her clean hit) and get decent damage off it.

I've found a way to reliably get 22_88B ~ 3 ~ etc

You can use it as a whiff punish with 448/442 B or 668/662 B. Your best bet is to think of it as something like 448:B because if they don't fall on their knees looking right at you ready to suckle on your glorious, steel, pointed rod, then it won't work. That said, most of the time they will. It's part of the "hit confirm".

It has some weird variable to it, it's not JUST alignment and hitbox. For example, it's easy to do on Leixia, but I can't even get it to work on Siegfried. My assumption is that it has to do with how they stand, and stances where their lower body sticks out more (Nightmare, for example) seem to be much easier). But the fact remains that each character has that "sweetspot" that you can memorize to "hit confirm" the combo. Like, you'll just "know" when you get it.

I.e. Raph (whom is actually kind of hard to do it on), you have to tap him on the knee when your rapier is pointing downward in what is likely the last frame of the attack.

Either way.

So far, I've been able to do it 100% of the time on (so far) Cervantes, Nightmare, Ezio, Leixia, ZWHY and Raphael.

Characters I did test but couldn't get it to connect (either does not work or I just suck) are Patroklos, Siegfried, Viola and Pyrrha.

So far, the only ones I can recommend even TRYING this on in a legit match would be Cerv and Nightwear. It's hilariously easy on those two. Maybe more too, with practice.

I'll test more later, or someone else can if they want (I'll also upload a video once my capture card stops being weird), but I feel like a Raph player needs to have every tool in his arsenal available, no matter HOW situational it may be.

Nightmare is widely known and I suspect the theory of having 2 active frames but only connecting on the last frames starts the opponent's knee-drop animation late enough to gives raph the 16 frames required to connect 3(B) or 6K. BBB works on nightmare, but doenst' seem to work on the other cast.

It most definitely works on other characters, too. Nightmare is just really, really easy to do it on. Like Cervantes, for example. I question the viability of this on most characters, but it's worth practicing because, like I said, you can just see when you get it to throw out a 3.

How do you perform this exactly ? Any tricks ?
Or is the timing just very short ?

already updated but i didnt' post it despite thinking it'll work in theory as I've only pulled off 66A+B, G 6BB, but I never got to use the CE instead.

He told me the timing is very tight but he tells me he's getting it 4 outta 10 times.

The biggest problem I see with this combo is that it probably won't work if 66A+B hits an opponent who's coming out of crouch or getting up off the ground. C.f. the launch heights on NM 66B on standing vs. crouched/waking up. Considering those are the two most likely scenarios for 66A+B to hit in, I can't see this combo as being practical.

Can anyone give me specifics on CH Prep-BBB-A+B combo? It seems to work on males and not females, but just the other day I landed it on phyrra. Could it have just been because of angles and walls?

Can anyone give me specifics on CH Prep-BBB-A+B combo? It seems to work on males and not females, but just the other day I landed it on phyrra. Could it have just been because of angles and walls?

1) A lot stricter on smaller/girly characters
2) It is a lot easier if the opponents crumples such that their torso is a bit to your right (rather than directly in front).
2) Easiest is to also have the opponent crumple to your right, but have a wall behind them. For testing's sake, as 1P raph, run the opponent to the wall, take a small step to your left (8 command) and try your 4(B) or wall splat combo as is.

I've landed 1B~wall splat, 3A~re-wall splat, into A+BA when they're on the wall and A+BA again when they're on the ground. Way too situational though.

Back