Raphael Combos

WARUI_NE

Prettier than you
because every other character has a combo thread i thought we should have one here.seriously why dont we have one?

AIR CONTROLLABLE

i love this combo:
66A+B BT B 22_88B(hold)VE B:B (only can air control to sides)

66A+B B 66B(can air control to the sides only,tested only on ivy)
also:
4B(only on hit go to prep ,don't attempt to continue stun combo) prep SEA B(hold) prep BBB:B(shakeable stun,hard to shake though. I think people will only shake out of it like %30 of the time)
AIN666 found this counter RO combo:
66A+B 6B 8A+B

good one 78 damage 66A+B B 33_99K:B (you can cut the BT B but it becomes more strict timing)

raph combos

That's odd - I thought we had a thread. lol

I'm sure Hudathan and I can work something good up. Feel free to push a start on it :D

raph combos

In the meantime we can steal and modify the old CF thread. Hope no one minds me removing the credited names in an effort to make it look 'cleaner':

Normal Hit Combos
Basic Combos:
AA [20 dmg]
BB [30 dmg]
6BB [18 dmg]
8A+B [37 dmg]

3~Prep BB [38 dmg]
4~Prep A, 3~Prep BBB:B [60 dmg]
4~Prep A, 33K:B [52 dmg] (strict timing on 33K)

2_8B+K, A+BA [57 dmg]
2_8B+K, 22~VE A [53 dmg]
2_8B+K, 22~VE BB [64 dmg]
2_8B+K, 3~Prep BBB:B [65 dmg]
BT B+K, BT B+K [45 dmg] (shakeable stun)
BT B+K, BT 2K, FC 3B [50 dmg] (shakeable stun)

8WR Combos:
22AA [31 dmg]
22~VE B [31 dmg]
22~VE B:B [60 dmg]
66B, 11B [46 dmg]
66B, 2A+B [46 dmg]
66B, 66A+B [41 dmg]
66~Prep K:K, 66A+B [49 dmg]
66~Prep K:K, 11B [65 dmg] (doesn't register in training but unescapable?)

66A+B, BT K, 44AB [75 dmg] VS AC to F/FL/FR/L/R *2nd Hit of 44AB requires timing.
66A+B, BT K (delay), 66A [65-68 dmg] VS AC all but BL/BR (don't delay BT K to hit)
66A+B, BT K (delay), 44K [~60 dmg] VS AC to F/FL/FR/L/R, B?, possible RO and wakeup

*use BT B after 66A+B for more time to react to air control, does about 8 damage less

33KB [38 dmg]
44K, BT 2B [34 dmg]
66K, 1A [30 dmg]

44A+B, 2A+B [89 dmg]

Stance Combos:
VE A [20 dmg]
VE B:B [31 dmg]
Prep BB [18 dmg]
Prep K:K [30 dmg]
SEA ~Prep BB [42 dmg]
SEA K, 3~Prep A, 3~Prep BBB:B [67 dmg] (shakeable stun)
SEB B, 3~Prep A, 3~Prep BBB:B [84 dmg]
SEB B ,22_88~VE BB [72 dmg]

Wall Combos:
66K Wall, 3~Prep A, 3~Prep BBB:B [69 dmg]
VE K Wall, 66A+B [50 dmg]
VE K Wall, 11B [52 dmg]
33K Wall, 3~Prep A, 3~Prep BBB:B [68 dmg]
4~Prep A, 33K Wall, 3~Prep BBB:B (strict timing on 33K)
44A+B Wall, 3~Prep A, 3~Prep BBB:B [124 dmg]

Counter Hit Combos
Basic Combos:
AB [28 dmg]
1BB [22 dmg]
6BBB [40 dmg]
A+BA [53 dmg]

6A, 2B [33 dmg]
6B+K, 2B [38 dmg]

WS B, 66A+B [47 dmg]
WS B, 2A+B [54]
WS B, 11B [56]

8WR Combos:
44AB [53 dmg]
22~VE BB [56 dmg]
22K, 3~Prep A, 3~Prep BBB:B [79 dmg]
22K, 33K:B [63 dmg]

Stance Combos:
VE BB [42 dmg]
Prep A, 3~Prep BBB:B [55 dmg]
Prep A, 33K:B [47 dmg] (strict timing on 33K)
Prep BBB [40 dmg]
SEA ~ Prep A, 3~Prep BBB:B [69 dmg]

raph combos

I don't like the formatting for some reason. Anyone else feel the same way?

Also Holyforce, when you were working on CH Prep A, 33K W!, were you able to hit 33K more than 2 times?

raph combos

I don't like the formatting for some reason. Anyone else feel the same way?

Also Holyforce, when you were working on CH Prep A, 33K W!, were you able to hit 33K more than 2 times?

If by more than 2 times you mean not including the first 33K that sent them into the wall (which I assume), then no.

CH Prep A, 33K, W!, 3~Prep A, 33K then makes them fall faster like wallsplats usually do on consecutive hits.

However,

I somehow landed it a second time just ONCE and it lead me to believe I was onto an infinite - but I'm not sure how it occured.

Honestly, I haven't experimented with it much further yet - despite how long it's been. I was actually planning on hitting training back up this weekend.

Call me weird - but I think Raph has a lot of tight-execution stuff yet to be found - mostly centered around him taking a quick step before his attack. I'll make a video to show some examples in the near future.

Stickied, keep it up everyone. Kyper, I hope you don't mind looking over the list you ported over and making changes to it as we go along. I would really like to keep the front page list the definitive one.

raph combos

If by more than 2 times you mean not including the first 33K that sent them into the wall (which I assume), then no.

CH Prep A, 33K, W!, 3~Prep A, 33K then makes them fall faster like wallsplats usually do on consecutive hits.

However,

I somehow landed it a second time just ONCE and it lead me to believe I was onto an infinite - but I'm not sure how it occured.

Honestly, I haven't experimented with it much further yet - despite how long it's been. I was actually planning on hitting training back up this weekend.

Call me weird - but I think Raph has a lot of tight-execution stuff yet to be found - mostly centered around him taking a quick step before his attack. I'll make a video to show some examples in the near future.

yeah i feel the same to.
also these combos will hopefully change the misconception that raph sux

im currently trying to find a use for 44aB even though im told not do use it.
im guessing i can use it as a juggle combo ill test this when im back at my dads house

EDIT:44 aB is useless as previously thought

Everyone I play against raph with says hes a really "Cheap" and "gay" character. It gets annoying. I obviously don't think he sucks, but hes not OP by anymeans whatsoever.

Everyone I play against raph with says hes a really "Cheap" and "gay" character. It gets annoying. I obviously don't think he sucks, but hes not OP by anymeans whatsoever.
most of the people that say that to me are people who play kilik

Actually, its basically half the people on my friends list who say that lol. Cassandra players, hilde/setsuka players, Tira players, Mitsu players, Amy players. I just don't get it...makes no sense to me.

66~Prep K:K, 11B can be escape if oppent techs up

Not quite, if you miss the second hit of Prep K:K (you need to hit 66 at a somewhat long distance to get K:K to hit) then you can tech. But if you get hit by it, the stun lasts long enough to hit with 11B. I tried this with record command; after getting hit with the second hit, the box in the corner said Ukemi but I didn't even see the animation play out as I got hit by 11B. No time to roll around either it seems.

It's that raph looks so effortless (animation wise) when kickin ass, but in reality of course it takes a lotta knowledge of what the opponant is willing to do and how raph should react to them.

Almost all people who think Raph is overpowered or 'cheap' just don't know jack squat about Preparation - or furthermore, they don't know how to handle it.

The truth of the matter is Raph is mid to low tier and is very difficult to compete with against an opponent of similar skill.

I've trained Kilik as a secondary and studied the properties of his moves extensivly. I can tell you right now if I could clone myself I would most likely always beat my Raph with my Kilik.

However, Raph isn't so 'crappy' that he can't win. It's just not as easy.

Almost all people who think Raph is overpowered or 'cheap' just don't know jack squat about Preparation - or furthermore, they don't know how to handle it.

The truth of the matter is Raph is mid to low tier and is very difficult to compete with against an opponent of similar skill.

I've trained Kilik as a secondary and studied the properties of his moves extensivly. I can tell you right now if I could clone myself I would most likely always beat my Raph with my Kilik.

However, Raph isn't so 'crappy' that he can't win. It's just not as easy.

exactly but ii think raph has alot of combos yet to be discovered that will make him better

i get that alot to but mostly people who suck said that not my fault that keep getting hit by 4 b prep a b,b,b,b

Back