Raphael Combos

66B prep K:K 2A+B is better

and no cancel 66A+B is shit tier
Accidentaly getting confused with me xbox controls =d, I meant

- 66k, 1k

I also didn't notice this anywhere;

- 3, K, A+B A (think the K is blockable, but guess it could be good for confusing)
~ Only seems to get all 4 hits on the Larger ones. Only hits once on Amy / Xianghua

I've managed to get 236B, 2K to register in training mode. And really easily. I tested with the computer on ukemi, and guard all. Or without ukemi.

Either way, I hit the 2K.

I don't remember the details - I think if the computer ukemis, it's not a combo, but it's still guaranteed (so no damage proration).

Wondering how this could not have been attempted. What did I miss?

I haven't seen if this works on a thinking opponent because I haven't yet landed a 236B on an opponent with a brain. :\

so then 2K is a tech trap from 236B but there are better tech trap options like 3B or 2B

But your raph so backing up after a knd isnt a bad idea either

okay 3b may technically be a tech trap if they "get up" right away...which anyone who knows Raph that wont happen very much, they'll most likely roll.

2k/2b or back up is the only real options imo. If you want to get aggressive with Raphael on oki, you can a+b a to get rollers up close, and FC 3BB for people who are Tech happy. Just don't expect alot of situations where this is really useful, because Raphael doesn't want to be in the opponents face after getting his attacks blocked....sitting at -8 or worse....

Isn't getting aggressive on oki how each other character presses an advantage? In wakeup, the scenario is entirely mid/low, right (no GI, no interrupt, no jumping)?

At this rate for Raph, if he doesn't get aggressive on oki, it's like, what's the point of having knockdown moves? It's Street Fighter, where everyone politely lets their opponents get back up. Except no one lets Raph get back up... :'(

Raph's classy, but I can't believe his true meta is to have nothing against the opponents he brings to his feet.

As to the other tip you said, backing up gives positioning, which gives a sort of wall the opponent has to get through to play. I get that. But all of it is for the purpose of handing over the round loss. Another way to pass that potato is to hit the opponent. At some point in 5 rounds, my equally skilled opponent will get through my game and deploy his game. I want to have done all I could to make his life difficult (i.e., his room for error, small) before that happens.

Positioning works fuzzily. Removing life gauge works statistically still, but a little more definitely. Is that not right?

*~*~*~
I remember trying 236b, 2b, but I had ghosting issues. I couldn't get it to connect, hit or block. (I am patched.)
He seems to swing the sword too far over to his left, it just falls right beside the opponent.

That reminds me, is there a trick not to get 2A+B to whiff as the combo ender in 66b or WS b stuff?

well yeah oki presses the advantage but raphs oki options are are really bad and are really high risk. 1K whiffs randomly WTF is that? 2K is rollable to one side same with 66A+B. everything else is linear and rollable. raphs oki games saving grace is 1K ground hit 1K in this situation 1K is a force block iirc. 1K does a hefty amount of dmg also

as for 236B 2B tech trap delays the 2B a tiny bit, and no there should be no special timing for WR B CH 2A+B or 66B A+B

Hmm, have you never had 2A+B stab right over opponents in grounded position in front of you? That thing is harder to land than 33b (though I think I've got 33b's issues tamed, personally).
I can almost guarantee it will miss if you try to do 66b, 2A+B for instance. It's why I just always do 11b.

I will try delaying 2b, thanks.

*~*~*~
Isn't 1K horribly punishable on block, though? Almost any WS b, if not FC b, should get me. I don't think I want to force a block with it. And some people say it tracks (roll), some say it doesn't. I've watched it track, and I've watched it fail to. I don't like relying on it in the slightest.

Talking of whiffs against the sisters half of raph moves whiffs -.- yesterday i managed to whiff an A+B on both hits at melee >___>.

2A+B instead usually whiffs if your opponent even if grounded is not aligned.

Never played that much ground pressure, but if i am not wrong if you feel like to risk 66A+B and A+B A tracks on 2 different sides, and catch rolling opponents.

66A+B does nice SG damage, has a good pushback and its only -2 on block (but if you get rolled on the right side you are open to anything), A+B A tracks on the other side and if rolled left you can stop the string having some chances to block...but its risky >_>

After WSB on CH i use 11B.

There's certain situations where Raphael has either a guaranteed 66A+B on oki, or a force block 66A+B on oki...I can't remember what they are....but I instinctually do it after certain moves/knock downs.

Anyone know what I'm talking about? Are my opponents just not blocking correctly?

Raphael Wall Combo
8WR 3_9K (High Wall Splat), 8WR 2_8K, 3~Prep BBB:B [73 Damage)

Tough part is getting the high wall splat.

Edit: Combo may be character specific, need further testing.

Sorry gents.

EDIT 2: Works on Zasalamel so far.

There's certain situations where Raphael has either a guaranteed 66A+B on oki, or a force block 66A+B on oki...I can't remember what they are....but I instinctually do it after certain moves/knock downs.

Anyone know what I'm talking about? Are my opponents just not blocking correctly?

well after most stuns you can use 66A+B for example 66B, but if you think you are gonna hit (and do not abuse it) its better 66 K:K 11B, if they block u just SEA and pray :( at least it has good backstep.

without stuns they can roll left risking an A+B,A or a 1K
66A+B tracks left and A+B, A right is 50% getting up blocks both for decent SG damage.

@shenrii does it work even with 33K:B?
it wallsplat too if JF

darkfender: Will test that out. And not all stuns allow for forced 66A+B, it's a very dangerous misconception.

An example of a forced 66A+B block situation would be 66A+B, BT K, 66A, 66A+B. If the enemy ate the 66A and is still in front of you, they are forced to eat or block the 66A+B.

Who is the general manager here? I am looking for a combo? I want all the combos in the first post please, so I don't have to search for them.

I am sure it's some where; ever since I picked raph up to experiment with, I noticed the retarded air time 8A+B gives to air borne opponents...Today I tried to see if you have time to combo after, and looks very viable that 33KB along a number of things works.

Hit me up for whatever else you guys know about this situation.

KingAce, due to air-control, iirc the only option that's guaranteed after is 66A.

Darkfender, I can't get 33K:B to wall splat, is there a specific distance?

Also, gents found this really strict character specific wall combo:
33K, A+B.A, A+B.A for 71 damage.

The criteria is that the opponent's back must be direct to the wall, angled wall splat will cause the second A+B.A to whiff.
So far works on Cervantes, Mitsurugi, Starkiller.

Fun note: It is possible to get a wall hit in the middle of 33KB and 33K:B, for "3 combos." If this happens, though, the combo inflicts 10 less damage.

Raphael Wall Combo
8WR 3_9K (High Wall Splat), 8WR 2_8K, 3~Prep BBB:B (73 Damage)

Tough part is getting the high wall splat.

Edit: Combo may be character specific, need further testing.

Yup. From my attempts, I thought you were crazy. I don't see how it could work on Taki or Tira. I did get a high wall splat. After I saw that term, my 33K W!, 33K W!, 33K W!, 33K combo made sense, so I kept doing that, noticed the 'high' version, and tried for 22K. While I could get 22, 22K missed by a head. Inconclusive due to my sucking tho. What I was able to do was A+BA and then another A+BA, but the second A+B has a finicky hitbox (looks to be the opponent's relative alignment) and possibly allows a tech or block straight out of it. You can also [high wall splat], A+BA, wait, 1BB (grounded hit). If you wait for the grounded hit properly, I couldn't escape it on record.
(btw, pointless combo: 33K, wait, A+BA. Inescapable. But less dmg than 33KB.)

Also, I was testing the 8A+B super launch. As usual, there's no way Raph can truly trap anyone with anything, they just have to AC back left or back right. If you're against a stage boundary, then you get to basically do the same stuff you can do in 66A+B, BT K_B_A. In particular, [super launch], 44K will catch the opponent for all AC except the back ones, for that super backwards KND slide, and it can Ring Out.
There is zero setup for this move other than reading a jump. Even if the opponent didn't try to do anything after 66A+B juggle, the most damage you can get with Blood Roar in there is less than the best 'normal' stuff. The possible exception is 66 to Prep something, because it looked like the fall is delayed in that case, by enough to make Prep do something (contrasted with 66A+B, BT K, 66 just putting you at negative). For 'setup' data, somewhere between -6 and -9 is where, if you do 8A+B and the opponent jumps at first opportunity, 8A+B won't hit in the air.

Finally, the issue of connecting both hits is okay. I confirmed that either hit on its own has a normal juggle effect. The opponent cannot AC out AFAIK; it's a matter of initial spacing. Hitting with K, 4K, or 3K is too far, 3A is close enough, close A is okay (blocked A is too), B only works if you're point blank, etc.

~~~~
Separately, I've been trying out 66A+B into BT 2B. It seems to make the near-hit launcher more likely to juggle into the good moves, still with timing. That is, if you get the near hit, rather than using BT K or BT B, a BT 2B somehow makes it easier to juggle a 44A, or whatever (the 8wr stuff, not 236B, and makes no difference to 33K obv). This is probably useless; I just like doing WS A after this for style, if anything will be lethal. dpad sucks for 33K on close AC.

Well 8A+B super air isn't something you plan, it's just that it happened a number of times and I was just staring at my opponent as his asura got snuffed. I think it's randomness might throw off your opponent from air controlling.

Well 8A+B super air isn't something you plan, it's just that it happened a number of times and I was just staring at my opponent as his asura got snuffed. I think it's randomness might throw off your opponent from air controlling.

Did I forget to mention that? Yeah. I figure the same thing; just assume he won't react, and treat it like the case against a stage edge. 44K seems to be the best you're going to get. You can do 3B, but at that point anyone's going to start AC, I have to believe.

What I skipped over to keep that post on factual point, is this. I need to set this up with my current strategy around 8A+B: I really like 8A+B in a close situation where I need to beat 'crouch', but not necessarily TC. 8A+B is one of only two Raph moves that attack at one level and then quickly another, so I (with some results in offline play) like it as an option when I'm zero range and want to do something aggressive about a fakeout action. If 8A+B is 2G ducked for one hit, then nothing can interrupt the mid, and they have to stand and block it, which is (barely but) safe, and they might possibly not stand fast enough (which only this and AB can do, for Raph; compare to Setsu and Mitsu). This is my main thought for the move, but as icing on top of that, the move catches step left and right, and impacts horizontals, i.e., impacts a large class of stuff which would catch a step from me there. So this move, isn't gold but, with some attention and smarts, seems to make that crappy situation better. Last, the perk is that it can only be high GI'd. It goes over what would beat just a 2K, yet there is a mid in there, so the opponent has to block it rather than duck it. It is because of this, that in the situation, you do whatever you gotta do, but every so often 8A+B might not just be surprising and life-saving, it could even land, either because it hit crouch, impacted, or went through a GI.

That is the context for this statement: I like how if the opponent jumps in that situation, 8A+B will link to 44K (assuming they don't react). That's just another really great thing. Do you think it could let me do throw more often? durr, he's close, I'm gonna throw, baiting them into the super flight launch (or just being decent on their 2G, I mean)?

Back