Raphael General Discussion / Q&A

has any one noticed the insane pushback of 33A on block. i was messing around with it today and it was a decent way to make some space. there might be some more use to this move than i though

Trying to figure out what's my best option from SE A on hit. Since B+K evade combos into 6BB or CE, and it's only +10 on hit, I take it that it takes 3 frames to block from BT?

SE A is IIRC +8 on hit, which means there's not enough to combo anything, but surely there's something good to do. Normally I do 3A, which can lead to a nice combo if it gets BT CH, but on hit sometimes the SE A will put them out of 3A range.

Where'd you get the +10 number?
Its more likely that the move is +12 on hit and it blocking is instant from BT no ?

I've rarely had anyone try a evasive manuever (much less attack) after you score a SE A on hit.

Hey guys, I don't know if anyone has posted this or not about Raph's B+K AE, but it will work at all ranges and connect. Setup Ivy to do 6(B) at max range, B+K will not only evade it, but he will teleport directly in front of her for VE A. Pretty neat for people who try to out space Raph (though I can't say getting closer is necessarily good for Raph, well maybe for Ivy but still).

Where'd you get the +10 number?
Its more likely that the move is +12 on hit and it blocking is instant from BT no ?

I've rarely had anyone try a evasive manuever (much less attack) after you score a SE A on hit.

It's in the official guide, and also on this site's wiki. If it's not +10 then someone should fix it.

Youngfox has good points. You have 33B and 11K, too good, STAB PUNISHABLE lows that can work against step g whoring people. Grabs work and you can even do 1A if you want a quicker true low.

FTFY...these lows are really punishable, so I don't recommend throwing them out willy nilly, but QS > CHOPPE THE CRAP OUT OF THEM is totally a great strategy.

CHOPPE MORE (but not 66A+G, it isn't worth it).

throws are only 50% and doesn t win matchs unfortunately
a throw should be considered as heavy unreliable 30 damage and considering ducking after step works well against raph its not an option because opponent expect a low anyway and know you have no mid threats...just few damage worth risking.

Throws are really good only near the edge/wall were you know that A throw is almost guaranteed u.u

also what do you think about raph panic button :)?
You know leixia has her WRB that avoid most moves...

Raph is not that lucky, but 66A+B on block into CE is quite similar (-3 into i12 TC BS and the pushback is optimal).....
Its quite a waste of bar i know but let opponent eat it twice and you'll have 66A+B as a virtual advantage on block.....

Eh????
I've won many matches with throws. They will only duck after step if you decide to use many lows vs step G which I don't recommend. I don't usually see people duck after stepping, but in any case they open themselves to mids which I want anyway. They're better off breaking the throw, which will still do some kinda damage. 50/50 is a good ratio.
So yeah I'll keep abusing throws until they start ducking....and you should start too...seriously, just do it.

I have a funny mixup when I'm at close range whoring throws...it goes like this
twitch...twitch....236B
then i scream....THRUST!!!! ......like a girl

You are in a much better position with a broken throw attempt, than with a blocked, -16 low.

2A is usually my panic button. Fast enough, covers step, TC, good advantage on hit, not bad at all.

i mean that 66A+B blocked followed by CE is a sort of frame trap....

We need to be consistent with terminology. Any setup that involves a minor disadvantage on block into CE with invinicibility frames is not a "frame trap". Since SC4, 66A+B has always been strong on block. Not that the range where you push them back is very difficult for raph to stop thier QS (2nd hit of AA may even whiff).

are you from europe?
i think i should show you a couple of players......
So i can explain better....

You keep playing this "Europe players do this blah blah blah" card, but we haven't seen any vids of YOU playing them. We're well fucking aware of the amazing skill of players like Keev, Saitoh, Kayane, etc. But you don't just go droppin that card in here without showin us something. That's like me walking into SRK and goin "I dunno I think Justin would blow that up" every time someone posts a new idea.

We want to see YOUR Raph game. We've had a lot of people post matches already. Hell, you all got to see me on my worst day, an embarrassing display for me. You got to see me playing on a day where I was so bad, I lost a game to a player that's NEVER taken a single game off me. That's right out there on the internet for everyone to break down and criticize and go "wow Kowtow you really are a piece of shit!" if you so choose. We've got nothin from you, you just keep tellin us you're playin these European players. That's not good enough for you to play that card.

So yeah, you're right I think you SHOULD show us a couple of players, so you can explain better. Absolutely. You go fucking do that, so we can all see.

YHell, you all got to see me on my worst day, an embarrassing display for me. You got to see me playing on a day where I was so bad, I lost a game to a player that's NEVER taken a single game off me. That's right out there on the internet for everyone to break down and criticize and go "wow Kowtow you really are a piece of shit!" if you so choose.

jeez you're really trying to fish hard for a compliment/pity points!

In the name of raph solidarity, I'll say to you :

"Its ok. Winning isn't everything!"

i cannot post matches because i play on x360 >.>
and if you read you'll reply are not that friendly....i mean sayin mostly "you are doing it wrong" doesn t help...

I ponted lot of exploitable weakneses of raph and all i got were answers like use 22B more......(cool never thougt to try that .-.).

So i asked if somene was from eu so i could SHOW him my points in order to have him confirm or deny the facts considering i am not doing well with words.

said that about 66A+B....
=> it's always been good on block.....until SCV came out maybe
If you find any decent followup excluding CE that does not involve 0 reward and huge risk please tell me....because it was one of my fave sc4 tools and i didn t find any working followup -.-
6BB its not an option being duckable AND steppable.
CE its the only thing will work almost like leixia wsBE (aka they do anything different from QS/blocking they eat the CE unless they are those 3 characters with long mids in that case is still a mindgame because those answers are heavily unsafe and you can block and punish)....

but coming from me it must be BS....

said that about 66A+B....
=> it's always been good on block.....until SCV came out maybe
If you find any decent followup excluding CE that does not involve 0 reward and huge risk please tell me....because it was one of my fave sc4 tools and i didn t find any working followup -.-
6BB its not an option being duckable AND steppable.
CE its the only thing will work almost like leixia wsBE (aka they do anything different from QS/blocking they eat the CE unless they are those 3 characters with long mids in that case is still a mindgame because those answers are heavily unsafe and you can block and punish)....

but coming from me it must be BS....

Not quite sure if you're looking for a option-select super answer at -4 (which would be too damn strong on any character). I'm quite content with backdashing after a 66A+B. You can usually react to anything the opponent throws out that has enough range to catch you after you backdash.

raph needs imho mindgames.. having opponent hesitate after a 66A+B gives lot of options....
That is the purpose.

Not throwing CE after any 66A+B but having opponent fear CE after 66A+B....

Back