Raphael Video Discussion

pretty much..yes
Most high level players just use the first tactic they find working and cannot adapt at all nor they can put up a decent defense...

Phyrra could have easily win just using 236B against ANY prep at that distance (also 1aa).
You should be aware of it and prep at tip so you can make it whiff with prep4.

Problem with raph is people stand still looking at his SE @__@! that lack of knowledge makes raph god tier.
Its a pity that when you find someone who actually knows the matchup he can really show you raph's weaknesses :|

Oh well in ranked you can find awesome D or C rank opponents in europe but if you see an A, expect an easy win as soon as you understand the tactic they are using.

For ex: i play often an A1 player that uses a cervantes with only:
-throws
-aB (despite being punished heavily)
-iGdr BE (or how the hell its called now)
-few reactable lows

and just 8wr from the distance NEVER blocking low.

You just wait, get near really carefully (igdr is nasty), poke and punish....he still continue to play in the same way never adapt.

Phyrra could have easily win just using 236B against ANY prep at that distance (also 1aa).

her 236B is one of the easiest moves to beat with prep entry.

1)At any range other than 2A distance, SE will be just out of range, for a free SE B combo (best option).
2)You can prep4 aGI her (from 3B you have to delay it just a teensey bit, while most other prep entries you can input 4 right away) for a beefy prepK(BE) combo.
3)You can also CH her out with prepBB(BE) because 236B from pyrrha stops being a TC.

If anything, her 236AA is much more powerful against raph.

Phyrra could have easily win just using 236B against ANY prep at that distance (also 1aa). You should be aware of it and prep at tip so you can make it whiff with prep4.

I know what Pyrrha can and cant do, i Sub her. The deal is that i see no reason to play that way against a person who has no idea how to deal with Raphaels stuff. What i saw in this match was a player who no doubt got were he was by spamming lag safe lows. trust me if he would have punished my preps accordingly i would have adapted throughout the match.

I actually think its not worth it to play your A game against someone that knows nothing about your character and how to deal with him. when your foe isnt respecting your options the game becomes very bland and all cheesey stuff is accepted.

Usually i feel out the opposing player on the first match and decide how to go from there. A.K.A if i get 3B~prep from point blank range unpunished i damn as hell will keep using it until they learn its weakness. There is no need for high caliber tactics if the opponent isnt showing a single bit of knowledge regarding spacing and frames.

Phyrra could have easily win just using 236B against ANY prep at that distance (also 1aa).You should be aware of it and prep at tip so you can make it whiff with prep4.
Aware of this, she wasnt obviously. Saying she could have easily won would implement that i would not have changed my tactics through out the match after potentially discovering that she knows how to fight Raphael´s certain prep options. When i do stuff in my matches i do them for a reason.

i fail to understand your logic....
I start saying that i don t want to be rude and forgive me please if my poor english leads to misunderstandings....

In a competitive match abusng a working tactic is a good strategy, but in a non competitive match i would consider playing "unsafe" a mistake (that is the same reason i am winning really a lot with raph but i complain also a lot he lacks potential getting his strength from opponents lack of experience .....see SCIV zasalamel).******

So wouldn t be simply better to test options rather than relying on things that will be known to everyone in few months?
or as i do just explain them how to react to raph stuff so you get better opponents that help you to improve.

But maybe that's just me.

P.S.
What i saw in this match was a player who no doubt got were he was by spamming lag safe lows.
100% right i remember them from scIV :/ it seems in scV lot of players are paying their bad habits....

***** just lurked other characters subforums....FUUUU al they say about raph its the usual rubbish on steps and such completely uderestimating the matchup and not a word on SE/preps.....
I mean its obvious people cannot face raph :|

The biggest mistake would be treating your opponent as something they were not. They may attack from disadvantage or do something expected, so you will end up losing if you expect them to play like the "ideal foe". I think as long as fenro knows what he got away with, its fine. It is not a crutch that he threw out under pressure, and seemed more like a calculated move to help him push through to get his wins.

He can help the pyrrha guy improve in a non-tourney situation.

***** just lurked other characters subforums....FUUUU al they say about raph its the usual rubbish on steps and such completely uderestimating the matchup and not a word on SE/preps.....
I mean its obvious people cannot face raph :|

That patroklus one ?
Lol at the blanket 236AB counter from pat. If you're at anything greater than 3K range when you initiate your 3(B), you can SE B for the air CH into A+BA for 88-90 damage. If you're up close sadly the SE options all go right through pat (likely that he jumps right over you). You recover first though, so you can score a BT B+K before he can block. Alternatively, you can still SE empty (to beat the 236A) and then QS immediately when the move cancels to neutral to beat the 2nd hit. I suggest 33KB (hey found a use for it!) because air hit 88_22B sucks.

They still have to guess whether or not you're entering prep, so long as you mix it up. If they're just sitting on a stab everytime, they're gonna give you chances to punish stabs that get blocked after you stop short of prep. See how quickly they throw that out after eating a healthy 3B punish every time.

But I eat Pyrrha 1A like a scrub fraud, so what the hell do I know lol

They still have to guess whether or not you're entering prep, so long as you mix it up. If they're just sitting on a stab everytime, they're gonna give you chances to punish stabs that get blocked after you stop short of prep. See how quickly they throw that out after eating a healthy 3B punish every time.

This is probably the opposite you should do. Of the moves that can enter prep, most of them are -14 if you don't enter prep = get hit by stab. If anything, mindlessly prepBBB will net you greater rewards than trying to be "cerebral".

This is probably the opposite you should do. Of the moves that can enter prep, most of them are -14 if you don't enter prep = get hit by stab. If anything, mindlessly prepBBB will net you greater rewards than trying to be "cerebral".

I was more talking about those pokes on hit. Like 3B, BB and then prep/no prep. If a Pyrrha player blocks your 3B and stabs it because you didn't enter prep and dissuade her from doing so in some way, good play by her.

really what's the hate against 33KB i still love that move >_> and use it a lot it got even better against yoshi also.

about lurking other characters forum i read IVY, patro, mitsu, etc etc....the only where there is a little discussion is asta forum...and asta is one of our worst matchups i think.

also i really love how people still 8B after your A+B.....it really gives us the chance to overwhelm them with style using B+K......
Or just 22B/33K:BE,CE/backthrow.... for damage -.-

Astaroth is mad annoying, the only ones I beat are the ones who are 6K happy or don't know the proper range for bullrush. At long range his spacing is superior, and when you try to take it to mid range you can get counter-hit by bullrush, and not much he does on block is punishable when it all does great gauge damage. His bnb moves are also pretty good at shutting down Prep hustle. I don't think there is a consistent way to fight this character other than playing him moment to moment.

You guys really having problems with Astaroth players?

For me its very rare to lose to an astaroth player.
i just usually space them out and punnish wiffed moves with 236B or 66B

I actually like to play those match ups with Raphael instead of my sub char Pyrrha.

I actually like to play those match ups with Raphael instead of my sub char Pyrrha.
Ones who have lots of Raph experience yes.

and not much he does on block is punishable when it all does great gauge damage.

Finally had some chances to play V and this x a million concerning Asta. He breaks guard sooooo easily. Such a major adjustment. It's not as bad now as it was the 1st time I played but holy fuck did I get rocked first play.

Finally had some chances to play V and this x a million concerning Asta. He breaks guard sooooo easily. Such a major adjustment. It's not as bad now as it was the 1st time I played but holy fuck did I get rocked first play.
Yeah you either know how to control every second of every round to the best of your ability or you fall behind real fast in so many ways in this game. Also gdlk avi.

The biggest problem I have with Astaroth players is the dumbass tackle. It is pretty damn fast. Any help would be nice!

Well there are really few good asta players, those few won t suffer 22B and QS...

But we have a move nobody ever use....its 33A and it works against asta /._./ shutting down his bullrush

Back