Raphael Video Discussion

I actually encoded the video wrong. I tested a new one and it looks super-fly in 1080p on YouTube. Expect the new ones to be much crisper.

i really dont see those vids as validation to the usefulness of iprep since yoshi had no idea how unsafe it was. also why risk B+K vs mitsu's stance when 66b handles it for guaranteed dmg on almost all openers. im just not seeing the usefulness of some the sets up you have been mentioning especially since you got most of your dmg off raphs usual set ups and mind games

I just play how I play, make your own judgements.

Saying 'You would have lost if your opponent was better,' is just poor reasoning. I have a bunch more videos coming anyway.

Sorry zanaken we just have too much of a bad connection to properly play. As for your Elysium well i don't analyze and judge anyone skills off of a 3 bar including my own.

You guys make me want to find my playstation, and a house, and the internet, and play this game again

almost!

Sorry zanaken we just have too much of a bad connection to properly play. As for your Elysium well i don't analyze and judge anyone skills off of a 3 bar including my own.
Awww, cmon'! It was a pretty good display, 22BB BBBB JFs into CS at one point!

How is it poor reasoning? It's perfectly fine to say that these guys needed huge improvements on mu knowledge.
Because no one will ever play perfectly. It's like the critique ShinningDecapon recieved after Evo. The guy won! Let it be at that.

I use B+K when I know for a fact it will hit. When he hit the stance, I smelled a jab followed by that horizontal swipe after. I didn't want to force 2 guesses with 4A+B though, so I B+K'd the jab.

It's the smell, Mr. Anderson, it's the smell.

its completely valid since you cant rely on character ignorance to carry you to a win. its fine to take advantage of it when it exist but you cant use it as validation for a move since its an occurrence that shouldnt happen too often especially in tournament. also your B+K situation you made a situation where you had to guess right twice (B+K then the follow up) vs free 66b , prep A+B. its not necessary nor is it particularly flashy so why bother

It's coming... Don't you worry, Sir.

I be flipping bitches over all day

(╯°Д°)╯︵ /(.□ . \)

Nobody likes Devil Jin.

I love your playstyle. I didn't like how you used 44B a few times for wake up. That doesn't seem like a good idea.

I think that second set with the Maxi is your best show.

You have some really nice stuff, but your main problem; much like mine and many others, is consistency.

You can't let good SE entries slip by, and your defense has to be more on point. You showed a great use of 4A+B in a Maxi fight, one I love personally, but you only used it once! If auto-evades are too risky for you, then stick to jabs, but you HAVE to stop Maxi's flow; or you face his greatest strength in it.

At the range you play at, moves like 44AB / 44A+B (maybe not as much as me, I go over-board) / 33B / 1A / 8A+B have to be used more.

Don't bother too much with grabs outside of mix-ups, and do not make the mistake of thinking that B+G is his best wall combo starter. SE shenanigans near walls can wreak far greater havoc.

Grabs are just a reminder for your opponent to eat more mids. Nothing more, in my humble opinion. If I so happen to be near a wall in that situation, I'll play a grab game, but I don't think of it as a usual "Attack" per se.

That maxi likes to play unsafe huh? wrB on wakeup is probably the riskiest and most stupid thing a Maxi can think of doing on any mu lol. He was also impacient and loved to rush in with them 6A's and 66A's, they have great range and are great step killers but both are highs. Exploit this.

Be careful with Prep, Maxi is probably one of the best characters in the game at countering it. He's got 6A+B BE, wr B+K and even 3B. All of them TC for great damage and lots of ring outs and wall splats opportunities. 6A+B even beats your generic anti TC option prep K, and A+Bg is a great SE interrupter. That Maxi didn't rely on any of these, so no problem on abusing Prep. But good Maxis won't let you get away with it so easily.

How is it poor reasoning? It's perfectly fine to say that these guys needed huge improvements on mu knowledge.
A win is always based on the opponent screwing up. The strong choice in each individual situation is the one that produces the deepest local minimum of opportunity for -that- opponent to win before -that- set is over. "That opponent doesn't know iprep is balls" is, if anything, the start of a heuristic reason to see how much he can abuse it.

I like Devil Jin.
I really like these new videos. I want to compliment not just the fact you read the opponent, but you capitalize at the right times. You gamble well. This is a critical strength to continue to develop.

I plan on participating on 8wr's weekly gathering on global colosseo every tuesday, will be playing Raph throughout the whole thing. Expect me to upload some great matches against players of every skill level. Wish me luck.

I plan on participating on 8wr's weekly gathering on global colosseo every tuesday, will be playing Raph throughout the whole thing. Expect me to upload some great matches against players of every skill level. Wish me luck.

Best of luck to you. Utilize all the tips and tricks we've discussed with you and show them what Raph can do. Do your best!!

But good Maxis won't let you get away with it so easily.
So to speak, for the honor of Maxi, his ranked match win rate of 80% over. He is also good Maxi, too. Agree with the rest. I will keep my mind.

At the range you play at, moves like 44AB / 44A+B (maybe not as much as me, I go over-board) / 33B / 1A / 8A+B have to be used more.
Ok, In the next game, I'll also consider a variety of attacks. Thank you good feedback.

Nobody likes Devil Jin.
Really mean. He is very strange. Especially laser is.

if this project affords me the time im gonna try to global collesseo matches myself. actually there is little reason for ne of us not to at least try

Back