Raphael Video Discussion

Tell me what you think. This is a video dissecting Maxi's stance game and guard punishment versus Raph.
Maxi is a complex stance-based character. Because Raphael can shut down these stances with 6BB for massive damage, this matchup is clearly at least 10-0 in Raphael's favor, if not more.

Also for the 22(B) on block, can Maxi PSL1 or PSL2 into Neutral Guard to make it come out slower and maybe aGI the 3(B)?

Last edited:
Hello everyone, I recently made a Yoshi/Mitsu gameplay montage and I enjoyed doing it, so I decided to make a little Raphael one. Here:

I love the alpha Pat's CE whiff punished with BT B+K.

@Jimbonator :
It's an impressive in-depth analysis. Most tips look easy to use in real fight (especially the 6BB interrupts) but the side-step into 33kBE seems much harder to pull out. Can you use it consistently in games ?

I love the alpha Pat's CE whiff punished with BT B+K.

@Jimbonator :
It's an impressive in-depth analysis. Most tips look easy to use in real fight (especially the 6BB interrupts) but the side-step into 33kBE seems much harder to pull out. Can you use it consistently in games ?
Haha, yeah. I did 3a and it made aPat's CE whiff xD I wonder if it's a reliable thing to use? Probably not...

@Black_Dog
If IRM and I fight at SJ (which come on, you know we will), I'll see if I can demonstrate it. It is certainly possible. One thing though i recently learned that when you block a 22A or 6B4G and he decides to do the A BRAVE EDGE, that will retrack your step, but you can just block that for free damage. I might make a second video to explain things I missed.

@Black_Dog
I One thing though i recently learned that when you block a 22A or 6B4G and he decides to do the A BRAVE EDGE, that will retrack your step, but you can just block that for free damage. I might make a second video to explain things I missed.
Or hit 4A+B and go from there (oops its too slow to work on a 6B4G setup).

Last edited:
Concerning the YOLO option of using B+K to counter RO B, it's actually -12 on hit allowing for a 6BB or CE followup, which I suppose makes it a potentially valid hard read option for its damage. Otherwise, the Maxi guide is fantastic.

At SJ I played some Raph. I played him against JJJ and OmegaXCN (also Reptile but that match doesn't really show much at all)

Vs OmegaXCN (I stop playing Raph at around 6 minutes.)

Vs JJJ (I start playing Raph at around 5 minutes BUT THEN VIDEO DOESNT FINISH LOL FUK RAPH)

@Jimbonator, correct me if i am mistaken, but in the first video in the minute 5:16 is that you "buffering" Prep A+B after defeating natsu? if so how do you do it?

Back