Reverse Edge needs a nerf

It's not my impression. It depends on the character.

For example Maxi 4AAAB And B, ROB,LOBK beats out a fully charged RE from the start. If used mid way through a string, I just bait it out with a side step or Break attack.

But like l said it varies from character to character. Some characters don't have this option.
Ok as i thougt it doesn t.

Since the RE needs to be released at proper time to interrupte maxi string.

Ok as i thougt it doesn t.

Since the RE needs to be released at proper time to interrupte maxi string.
No. I'm saying those strings blow up RE. Whether RE is used during a gap or not Maxi has options for every situation regardless

If you don't understand. Go into practice mode, use Maxi 4aaab vs a fully charged RE. It blows it up.

No. I'm saying those strings blow up RE. Whether RE is used during a gap or not Maxi has options for every situation regardless

If you don't understand. Go into practice mode, use Maxi 4aaab vs a fully charged RE. It blows it up.
dunno about maxi but re can stop a Whole raphael prep string...sure raph can keep prep forever but has holes as maxi stance...
Once you release the button at the proper time you simply break said string a syou would do against any spammer without RE but with theuniversal answer at the string start.

dunno about maxi but re can stop a Whole raphael prep string...sure raph can keep prep forever but has holes as maxi stance...
Once you release the button at the proper time you simply break said string a syou would do against any spammer without RE but with theuniversal answer at the string start.
Actually it looks like we're both wrong.

I just tested RE again and you can hold it indefinitely during a string unless they break attack the move but specifically with Maxi I can hit them if they try to interrupt

But I tested AA RCAA with Maxi and if they hold it down RE will get broken but if the let go it'll interrupt BUT

But if I use AA RCK if they try to let go after the AA it gets blown up.

This tech really is wonky. They just need to nerf it down badly. There's awnsers but it's too wonky to be constantly depended on.

Now I'm in the camp where they shouldn't have added it in the first place.

If you endlessly spam in a RE it will eventually autoGI your hit and smack you. You can test this with raph prep BB cycles until you see it.
However, RE is broken but not in the sense that it parries or gives 50% meter.

The problem is that it becomes unblockable which is stupid. Let's say I try a poke and then block because they release RE. I block it, and I see it being blocked as it doesn't deal damage to me, and I hear the sound of the break attack lightning in my guard, but I STILL go in the stupid animation.

THIS has got to go first. There is absolutely no logic or reason why it becomes unblockable, rendering poke and block scenarios useless. Make it -20 on block and that should be it.

If you endlessly spam in a RE it will eventually autoGI your hit and smack you. You can test this with raph prep BB cycles until you see it.
However, RE is broken but not in the sense that it parries or gives 50% meter.

The problem is that it becomes unblockable which is stupid. Let's say I try a poke and then block because they release RE. I block it, and I see it being blocked as it doesn't deal damage to me, and I hear the sound of the break attack lightning in my guard, but I STILL go in the stupid animation.

THIS has got to go first. There is absolutely no logic or reason why it becomes unblockable, rendering poke and block scenarios useless. Make it -20 on block and that should be it.
I didn't notice that. Your right. Yeah that's gotta go. Because it becomes less if a read if all you have to do is charge

You can't step it if it's done on reaction to your poke, you will get hit. If you bait and block, you will still get hit, which is wrong.

I'll try to explain it again.

EIther you are allseeing or you are stuck in a situation where.

You risk to eat a RE or you are hindering your attack after EARNING frame advantage,

SC was the only game where a solid defense was rewarded, now its no more so.
People in top ranked (ok ranked is bad) almost never use the guard button… what's the point when you can simply spam GI and RE with low risk.
Add step and AA even on low frames and you don't really need the guard button in any situation.

But at that point you FORCE your opponent into a continuos gambling.

At this point my opinion is that RE doesn't need a nerf, there's nothing broken about it.

However, that doesn't change the fact that it's a stupid addition in a game with lots of cinematics already and to make matters worse it costs no meter. And of course the cherry on top is that some characters have it built into their strings. It adds nothing to the game except a long pause. Post GI mixups serve the same purpose without all that unnecessary flash.

I don't really use RE at all, expect sparingly, and I build meter no problem, so it's not even needed for that purpose. And another thing, someone who uses RE frequently builds meter faster, which leads to even more cinematics. It's just annoying.

It doesn't ruin the game, thankfully, but it adds nothing except some flashy colors and a long pause.

I think that RE should cost meter. It would solve it all. It would force using it sparingly, not 3x per round. Even winning at RE I hate it.

The only part I dislike about RE atm is how it fills up meter. Perhaps objectively it's not a bad thing but still - disliking it quite a bit

You can't step it if it's done on reaction to your poke, you will get hit. If you bait and block, you will still get hit, which is wrong.
If it’s a poke that is being RE’d, you can usually step to avoid the followup. If it’s a poke and the opponent does the full charge, you can almost always step to avoid the followup. Cervantes can step uncharged RE after having A, AA, a6, 6A, kA, B, BB, 2B, b2, bK, K, 8K, 2K, 4K, B+K, 66K, 22K, 44A+B, or DC K parried by it, for example. I suggest finding or making a similar list for your character — it’s good information to know.

Plus, RE has 6 frames of startup before it can parry anything. I very much doubt than any human player is REing i12 AAs or even i18 3Bs on reaction. (A back-of-the-napkin calculation assuming a reaction time of 268ms puts the bare minimum at i22; under pressure the number is probably upwards of i30, and this assumes that the only thing you attempt to react with is RE, rather than processing the event and choosing a better response.) What’s more likely is that your opponent is throwing it out as a guess. Guesses can be baited or punished.

RE primarily excels in situations where you know a mixup is coming, such as when Siegfried enters SRSH or Maxi enters BL (does that still have a 50/50?). As a counter to footsies it’s pretty bad.

Guesses can be baited or punished. As a counter to footsies it’s pretty bad.

Above says it all for me. Reversal Edge dependant players are easyyyyyy to bait. The more I play, the more I see less issue with the mechanic, it is a solid addition.

The only thing that I think should be re-balanced, is the amount of bar it builds, but even that I can live with. Characters depending on Reversal Edge and Critical Edge to win will be very limited in their play style and predicatable, BUT characters that are depending on Reversal Edge and Soul Charge to win definitely have a solid strategy. I think as the game evolves, the amount of bar being built will be lowered in a patch eventually to compensate for this.

But even until then, I am happy with the addition!

It doesn't matter that it's easy to bait, the problem is that it forces you to footsies ignoring frame advantage.
It turns the gameplay into a boring street fighter neutral fest where everyone is afraid to press more than 1 button even on advantage, for fear of getting reversal edged.

If I have +2 advantage it's like I don't have anything. I can't condition my opponent with plus frames except when i'm +5 or more LOL.

If he makes a mistake, I can't start my pressure because I have to bait his RE , which is RETARDED as a principle. By making a mistake the opponent forces ME to guess or bait, which is imbecilic.

The issue here is not that the mechanic is gamebreaking or overpowered. The issue is that it turns the game into a turn based crap where everyone is baiting everyone for fear of RE.

It doesn't matter that it's easy to bait, the problem is that it forces you to footsies ignoring frame advantage.
It turns the gameplay into a boring street fighter neutral fest where everyone is afraid to press more than 1 button even on advantage, for fear of getting reversal edged.

If I have +2 advantage it's like I don't have anything. I can't condition my opponent with plus frames except when i'm +5 or more LOL.

If he makes a mistake, I can't start my pressure because I have to bait his RE , which is RETARDED as a principle. By making a mistake the opponent forces ME to guess or bait, which is imbecilic.

The issue here is not that the mechanic is gamebreaking or overpowered. The issue is that it turns the game into a turn based crap where everyone is baiting everyone for fear of RE.
THAT!!! Like, fuck it! Luckily my last matches lately didn't have too much RE. But that shit sucks.

That +2 is still a +2. Learn which moves you can throw out then step after to avoid an RE. You can throw the move out, react to if you got RE'd, then do whatever. You can also use guard breaks to get through REs.

RE is not a big deal if you learn to handle it accordingly. That goes for pretty much any fighter mechanic.

I just said you CAN'T step if you poke and it also becomes unblockable.
Do i really need to make a video? It happens so much there's no way anyone who's actively playing the game didn't notice.
I've just also said it's not a big deal in terms of overpowered, but it makes the gameplay a bullshit bait fest.

THAT ENTIRELY DEPENDS ON THE OPPONENT CHOOSING TO SPAM REVERSAL EDGE. PEOPLE LIKE THAT FORCE THE MATCH TO BE ANNOYINGLY PREDICTABLE, BUT THE SAME CAN BE SAID FOR ANY EFFECTIVE TACTIC THAT PEOPLE FORCEFULLY USE.

Back